• mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    this blows my mind....

Japan Offers to Enrich Uranium for Iran

Citing a February 24 report from the the Nikkei Business Daily, AFP news reported that Japan has offered to enrich uranium for Iran to allow it to have access to nuclear power, while relieving international fears that the Islamic nation might be trying to build atomic weapons. The Japanese daily said that the issue was expected to be discussed in Tokyo by the speaker of Iran's parliament, Ali Larijani, and Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada.

The Nikkei daily, in a report that did not cite sources, reported that the proposal for Japan to enrich uranium for Iran was first discussed in December, with U.S. approval, when Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Saeed Jalili, visited Tokyo. The uranium would be used at Tehran's research reactor to produce medical isotopes, the report noted.

Iran’s Press TV news also cited a Japanese foreign ministry spokesman’s quote of Katsuya, who said during his meeting with Larijani: "Japan strongly hopes Iran's nuclear issue will be resolved peacefully and diplomatically ... and that Iran considers a related UN Security Council resolution seriously."

The Press TV report stated:
    Iran says that it is a signatory of the NPT and, unlike Israel, neither believes in atomic weapons nor, as a matter of religious principle, does it intend to access such weapons of mass-destruction. Furthermore, Tehran has repeatedly called for the elimination of all nuclear weapon development, production and arsenals throughout the globe.

Iran's nuclear facilities and enriched uranium remain under the supervision of IAEA inspectors, as outlined in the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) Safeguards Agreement.

The UN nuclear watchdog has carried out the highest number of inspections in Iran, compared to any other country throughout its history and has found nothing to indicate any diversion toward weaponization.
    Iran has reportedly begun the process of enriching uranium fuel to a 20-percent level of U-235 required for a reactor in Tehran that is used to make medical isotopes. Weapons-grade uranium is enriched to about 90 percent U-235.

According to a report published in the Richmark Sentinel of South Africa, Japan’s offer “is seen as a compromise that will allow Iran to have the level of enrichment it will need for such [medical isotope production] purposes and allay Western and especially Israeli fears of a nuclear Iran.”
    The report noted:
    Iran has so far refused Western offers of enrichment, with the last offer being that Russia and France would enrich and process uranium and has instead pressed with its own enrichment processes. Japan remains the only country in the world that has been attacked with nuclear weapons and is a strong advocate of nuclear non-proliferation.
    As the Nikkei report observed, Japan extended its offer to Iran with U.S. approval. Yet it has been U.S. policy to strenuously object to Iran’s ongoing nuclear enrichment programs. For example, last November 29, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs issued a statement on the "Reports About Iran's Nuclear Program," which said:
    If true, this would be yet another serious violation of Iran's clear obligations under multiple UN security council resolutions, and another example of Iran choosing to isolate itself. The international community has made clear that Iran has rights, but with those rights come responsibilities. As the overwhelming IAEA board of governors vote made clear, time is running out for Iran to address the international community's growing concerns about its nuclear program. [Emphasis added.]
    The ultimate agenda of our current foreign policy may be revealed by the fact that in this short, 71-word statement, “international community” is mentioned twice, “UN security council resolutions” is mentioned once, and “IAEA [the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency] board of governors” once. It is obvious that — just as the enforcement of several UN resolution was cited as authority for our invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq — U.S. foreign policy is predicated upon serving “the international community.”

We can search in vain for a reference to anything “international” in our Constitution, which was written to establish a structure that would ensure the common defense of our states, while threatening neither state nor national sovereignty. So why does a statement issued by the White House presume to tell Iran what its rights and responsibilities are, as if national sovereignty itself were a gift from "the international community"?

One further observation: If Japan, which has suffered more from nuclear weapons than any other nation on Earth, is not threatened by the prospect of supplying enriched uranium to Iran, why should the United States be?

The answer is, Iran’s nuclear program threatens us no more than did Saddam Hussein’s alleged “weapons of mass destruction.” But both regimes posed a threat to the UN’s ongoing progression towards making all sovereign nations subservient to the “international community.”

Furthermore, while the United States has given its tacit approval to the Japanese deal, it is certain that that approval will come with strings attached, strings ultimately held by an agency of the UN.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    I don't know much about Iran (in terms of its people & the level of education, infrastructor, etc.. they have) but why do they need Medical Isotopes?
    Medical Isotopes: Frequently Asked Questions
    As they claim that is why they are enriching their uranium for.

Are they a leader or even have nuclear medicine? Or do they plan on selling these medicial isotopes internationally? Is there big money in doing this?

IMO I think Iran is just liying and really want to make nukes and blow the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    out of Isreal and anyone else close by it. They have a leader that has said it time and time again that he wants to destroy Isreal and the USA.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    The upside is that we would know what they are getting and it's no-where near weapons grade. It sounds like Japan is calling Iran's bluff. Iran keeps crying they only want uranium for power and medical purposes. We don't want them to get that capability because it's a slippery slope to go the rest of the way to weapons production.

Japan is saying...if this is really all you want then we'll make it for you...Problem solved. Iran doesn't need the infrastructure. If they are being truthful they should be happy with this compromise. If they keep crying it will be a big tell that they want the capability, not the final result.

I'm not an Iranian loyalist by any means...but if they want nuclear power they should have it like any other country. If that is the case, then it shouldn't matter where they get the enriched uranium.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The UN sanctions against Iran is not to keep them from being able to develope nuclear power, but to keep them from having the ability to enrich military grade uranium. Iran is simply using energy as a cover for developing weapons, and no one is falling for it. By offering to enrich the uranium for Iran, Japan is preventing Iran from having the technology to produce weapons. Weapons grade uranium is a much higher grade that takes a different and further process. So what Japan is doing is actualy a good thing. but im sure Iran will refuse since they believe they can do whatever they want, and their end goal is actually weapons of mass destruction. Come on are we still F'ing around with Iran??? i mean cant we at least give President Reagan the ultimate tribute and memorial in the form of the worlds biggest candle?

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb IRAN ........ bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb IRAN
    BOMB IRAAAAAN...... :)

good post JD, i was typing my response while you posted yours i guess.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    The ONLY way Iran is not going to end up with nuclear weapons is, if there is complete and total regime change, either by internal forces (preferred) or externel forces.

I just do not see Israel letting them develop the BOMB, and then, that would get real ugly affecting the rest of the world in some way shape or fashion, guaranteed!

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Lake Iran, sounds good too bad the bass will all have three eyes and glow in the dark. That being said I have no love for either Iran or Japan money grubbing power hungry ----suckers.:ar15:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Japan's actually stepping up to the plate to defuse the situation. If Iran goes for it then Japan takes all their fuel and gives them back medically useful isotopes, unable to be used for weapons. If Iran doesn't go for it then there's an excuse the rest of the world needs to go to the mat with ratcheted up sanctions. Japan's ahead of the curve on this one.

As for the calls for genocide...that's mighty christian of you guys.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Exactly.

If you think Japan is being a traitor, you're not seeing the big picture. There's a huge difference between enriched uranium for energy and enriched uranium for weapons.

If Iran get's uranium from Japan, we'll know that it's only enriched enough for nuclear energy.

This is a good thing.

Japan's actually stepping up to the plate to defuse the situation. If Iran goes for it then Japan takes all their fuel and gives them back medically useful isotopes, unable to be used for weapons. If Iran doesn't go for it then there's an excuse the rest of the world needs to go to the mat with ratcheted up sanctions. Japan's ahead of the curve on this one.

As for the calls for genocide...that's mighty christian of you guys.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They have a leader that has said it time and time again that he wants to destroy Isreal and the USA.

I'm sorry but this statement is wrong. I don't think Iran has ever said that they want to destroy the US. Please show me where this has been stated.

As for wanting to destroy Israel, this is a mis-representation in the media. If you translate his actual statement, he said that he wants to get rid of the REGIME that is running Israel. He doesn't want to murder all Israelis.

That's the equivalent of you saying that you want to rid the US of Democrats.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    How the **** can people on this site say nuke Iran and nuke Iraq and nuke this and that! By the same people who support freedom and life!

Saying nuke or bomb Iran is no different that what was done to us on 9/11. If Iran were nuked all that would happen would be the Murder of thousands of people. People who just want to live a normal happy life.

I've read lots of posts implying to just drop an A bomb on whoever and yet people still wonder how adolf Hitler could have done what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Calm down, calm down, nobody is nukeing anybody.

If anything happens it will be israeli air strikes. And it wont be for years.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    The only nuclear power in the region is Israel. at worst, Iran would want nukes to keep Israel off their back, and frankly I wouldn't blame them for that.

As for the Christian Warriors on this site, well, you'll never change their mind, they "believe" whatever they want.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How the **** can people on this site say nuke Iran and nuke Iraq and nuke this and that! By the same people who support freedom and life!

Saying nuke or bomb Iran is no different that what was done to us on 9/11. If Iran were nuked all that would happen would be the Murder of thousands of people. People who just want to live a normal happy life.

I've read lots of posts implying to just drop an A bomb on whoever and yet people still wonder how adolf Hitler could have done what he did.

yeah its a big difference to what was done to us. The Iran government wants to kill us and half our allies too. if they get a nuke, they will probly use use it. you go over there to the sand box and walk down the street and start shaking hands and telling them your an american and see if they are so inocent like you claim. Most all of them arabs HATE US!!! and would kill you in a heartbeat, and then broadcast your dying a** as religious propoganda.

So yeah I still say nuke them first!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'd like to add that Japan's 'recession'/economy has been devastating for them. I'd say they are wanting to make some cash, and they could be desperate enough for whatever......

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    yeah its a big difference to what was done to us. The Iran government wants to kill us and half our allies too. if they get a nuke, they will probly use use it. you go over there to the sand box and walk down the street and start shaking hands and telling them your an american and see if they are so inocent like you claim. Most all of them arabs HATE US!!! and would kill you in a heartbeat, and then broadcast your dying a** as religious propoganda.

So yeah I still say nuke them first!!
    I lived in the ME for 6 years and shook a hell of a lot of Arab hands. Sat down to lunches and dinners and tea with more of them than you would like. The sad truth is that Arabs, by and large love Americans. What they don't love is our government and I can't say I blame them. I'll just have to call BS on your statement.

Top Bottom