January 19th - Gun Appreciation Day (all threads merged)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    The KEY here is that everyone looks civilized who shows up and have a real message. If even one single person looks out of place, thats who'll be on the news. Plus im sure some knuckle heads will show up just to try to make us look bad.

dhartvhd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    southern Indiana
    I've seen on several you tube videos that people are holding peaceful protests at their state capitals to oppose any new gun restrictions or bans. Is anyone planning to support this at our capital in Indy?

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    If anyone from northern indiana (south bend area) is planning on going to the capitol fot the protest I could use a ride and can chip in on gas. I'd take a cab but its a $375 each way cab trip.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am thinking of making the 160 mile trip down from Munster. I have a brother in Noblesville so it would be a good excuse for me to drive down on Friday night. It would be nice for future demonstrations to line up / organize some speakers. I am assuming that there will just be a peaceful crowd gathering in front of the captial building for this one, with no speakers.

straterra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    The GF and I will be going. I'm thinking of making up a few signs. Anyone else bringing signs? She is going to call tomorrow to inquire about a permit and to let LEO know that there will be a peaceful gathering. If someone is going and wants a sign, try to let me know as soon as you can.

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here's a link to a Facebook page for the march.

https://www.facebook.com/GunsAcrossAmericaIndiana

My wife and I will be there. Parking is easy to come by, there are several garages that are reasonably priced within a mile or so of the capitol building. The Facebook page says that will actually be a march, there will be walking so wear proper footwear. Don't step on the actual grounds of the capitol building if you have a firearm, you will most likely be arrested.

rcam1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    chillin in my hammoc
    the thing that worries me about the rally down town is the question of how many people will be willing to blow off the gun show saturday to go downtown in support of the 2nd amendment, and for that fact its not being advertised very well, im blowing up my FB page about it, and telling everybody i know and next to nobody i talk to knows anything about it. we really need a huge turnout for this. :patriot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Skipping the 1500.

I will be downtown and have posted such on my facebook page as well. There is a 1500 show several times a year at which I have generally purchased nothing as I buy at my local gun stores. Saturday's walk at the Capitol is a one time event with the possibility of making a greater impact on our fellow citizens by making them aware of our numbers (to do that we need as many warm bodies as we can muster) at least in my opinion. :twocents: :)

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Agree 100%. I will be at the Capital.

I will be downtown and have posted such on my facebook page as well. There is a 1500 show several times a year at which I have generally purchased nothing as I buy at my local gun stores. Saturday's walk at the Capitol is a one time event with the possibility of making a greater impact on our fellow citizens by making them aware of our numbers (to do that we need as many warm bodies as we can muster) at least in my opinion. :twocents: :)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, I know that, but there are two activities that day and thousands of gun owners in Indianapolis, alone. There is no need in trying to organize anything when the activities have already been set and they only need the warm bodies to show up. This takes away all the excuses. Just show up!

so no real INGO sanctioned event?

Dissapointing

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Anyone heading up from the SW that want to caravan or carpool to Indy on Saturday for protest? I may have 4 with me. PM me with email and cell and I will try to organize it.

Chris

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    so no real INGO sanctioned event?

Dissapointing

Don't be disappointed. Fenway gave me the go-ahead to look into doing something, but I'm in the process of changing jobs and things are a little hectic right now.

Besides, I think it would be better for us to support the events already scheduled, instead of spreading people around any further. If the President provides proposals that will need legislative approval, as expected, I will investigate some options to the membership for consideration.

Right now, I'm considering skipping the 1500 and heading down to the capital. Either way, I will be somewhere supporting an event and I hope others choose to come out, as well.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Don't be disappointed. Fenway gave me the go-ahead to look into doing something

Glad to hear it.

I don't think we've ever used INGO to it's potential for pro-gun activism in the public eye, but then again, we've never really had to in the past.

Right now, I'm considering skipping the 1500 and heading down to the capital.

I may come up and join in.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't have an issue attending both/either one, but I do agree that it will leave less impact on the Saturday event vs a weekday......

Top Bottom