January 19th - Gun Appreciation Day (all threads merged)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How about we all gather downtown to demonstrate our appreciation?
    Where would be a good place?
    Would noon be a good time?
    would we need any permits?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    a national movement is going on an NOBODY on INGO is talking about it?

What are the National gun organizations saying about this? While I certainly appreciate good intentions, I kinda need the NRA to put out the "Now is the time. This what we are doing," alert.

I wonder how much press we can get going to gun shops and ranges like we do anyway? Then again, I certainly understand why encouraging folks to strap on their guns for show and tell at the statehouse could make for a huge PR nightmare with media dying for bad press or even creating it.

I'm not seeing or hearing about this on the news which makes me question whether this organization is sending press releases. Why wouldn't they do it ON inauguration day? That would be the big "news" and this would be everything else.

Last edited:

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    January 19th- March on State Capitols

www.guncontrolmorecrime.com is a website organizing a massive, transnational march on state capitals on January 19th at High Noon for the purpose of protesting the National Assault Weapons Ban Legislation of 2013.

Nutnfancy, a popular YouTube personality has plugged this in a video this evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

I for one will be there Noon on the steps of the Capital Building in Indianapolis armed with Picket Signs and Political Rhetoric at the ready.

Am I going to see any other INGO members there? Please respond and we can plan to get this going and make sure Indiana has a hand in the fight to resist these oppressive new gun laws that hang in Congress as I write this tonight.

Coming just Hours after US VP Joe Biden let loose that he and President Obama are more than happy to extend Executive Order and Power to push gun control legislation on peaceful American gun owners regardless of Congressional debate, I think that being as visible as possible on this issue may be the only shot we've got yet of getting through this period unscathed.

Who's with me?
    ~LT

***Wow, totally misspelled Capital in the title. My appologies.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    That'll make 8 of us so far. I'm bringing at least 2.

When Im staring down my golden years without any rights, I'm sure not going to say I didn't do all I can to fight the good fight. I honestly think that under threat of executive order, this may be the last stand for gun-owners and freedom lovers in an open society that is rapidly closing. Explaining to my kids how things got this way is going to be a very hard conversation.

~LT

Top Bottom