• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I'm all for this. I don't know how much support we would have on campus but I am definitely in to get things started. Let me know if you guys need any help at all, even with grunt work. I would love to see this happen.

Sdc963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thank you everybody for your support. I have been busy and have not made much progress with the club. In order to start the club one of the members must attend a "Nuts and Bolts" workshop. The next one is on October 11th at 1 pm. It is a Tuesday and I have class at that time. I was wondering if anybody could attend the meeting so we can get the club started. I am going to start writing the Constitution soon. All we are missing is an advisor. Does anyone know any teacher or staff in general that would like to be our advisor?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've got plenty of support, already contacted a constitutionalist/pro 2A professor whom I know pretty well, and started working on a Constitution for a club....also been in contact with a regional guy for SCCC although starting a club under their name would be extremely limiting, at least have their support

ZWolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I'll be a student there starting fall of '12 and would love to be able to join a pre-existing gun club. I hope that it all works out and you guys can start it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    student organization meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend unless otherwise deemed by the club officers.....although you wouldn't be ab official member as an Ivy Tech student, you would be welcome to attend meetings

UPDATE: The pro-2A professor I asked is very interested in being the group advisor, but has to clear it, as with anything through his department first

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    BUmping any more news as there also is a possibly advisor I saw in another thread for the statehouse meeting. Also this could help with the bill maybe.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    here are some suggestions. If I had more free time I would do something at like this.
    ---Currently peiceing together a plan that will be fun, bordering on chaotic so stay tuned.

-First set up an email IUPUIgunclub@gmail or something, put up advertisments around campus. people will contact you for more info.
    -find a nearby range.
    ------------ become a member and meet with their officers
    --get some students some level of range officer saftey training. ( friends of NRA maybe)
    once you get enough interested students then go for an "offical club"
    - get permission for some open shoots. or host a NSSF first shots program

My buddy in connecticut runs an off campus rifle and pistol club like this. he charges $5 for shooters to come out and shoot. they can shoot all the .22 they want. they can bring other ammo for larger calibers too. the $5 fee goes to the range, to targets, for new ammo, and he has even been able to buy a few more .22 rifles with that fee.

structure your shoots!!!!!!.
    - set a deadline to be there, and a deadline to have been signed up. ( make it clear if there is to be a cut off point)
    - hold a shooters meeting. {MCFG has a very concise and simple shooters meeting before friday night steel, I would suggest this as a model}
    ----hold new shooters orientation. safety, safety, safety. also single load at first.
    -talk dirty to a lawyer that is gun friendly so they could draw up some liability release forms.

just my 2 cents

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    here are some suggestions. If I had more free time I would do something at like this.
    ---Currently peiceing together a plan that will be fun, bordering on chaotic so stay tuned.

-First set up an email IUPUIgunclub@gmail or something, put up advertisments around campus. people will contact you for more info.
    -find a nearby range.
    ------------ become a member and meet with their officers
    --get some students some level of range officer saftey training. ( friends of NRA maybe)
    once you get enough interested students then go for an "offical club"
    - get permission for some open shoots. or host a NSSF first shots program

My buddy in connecticut runs an off campus rifle and pistol club like this. he charges $5 for shooters to come out and shoot. they can shoot all the .22 they want. they can bring other ammo for larger calibers too. the $5 fee goes to the range, to targets, for new ammo, and he has even been able to buy a few more .22 rifles with that fee.

structure your shoots!!!!!!.
    - set a deadline to be there, and a deadline to have been signed up. ( make it clear if there is to be a cut off point)
    - hold a shooters meeting. {MCFG has a very concise and simple shooters meeting before friday night steel, I would suggest this as a model}
    ----hold new shooters orientation. safety, safety, safety. also single load at first.
    -talk dirty to a lawyer that is gun friendly so they could draw up some liability release forms.

just my 2 cents
    THe thing is you have to be a club to put up adverts.
    Im going to join MCFG soon as possibly when i return.
    The club has enough students it seems im hoping the OP can get back on this as I can help on the constitution if needed as I has wrote a few.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    THe thing is you have to be a club to put up adverts.
    Im going to join MCFG soon as possibly when i return.
    The club has enough students it seems im hoping the OP can get back on this as I can help on the constitution if needed as I has wrote a few.

you can put up adverts, so what if they pull them down.

being a school club constrains you a bit. If you are worried about administrative issues with just putting things up, starta facebook group and let it spread word of mouth till you get some things worked out

Top Bottom