• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’m sorry to hear this! Nobody gets out alive, but being aware of approximately how much time you have left would be an interesting position to be in. Prayers for you and your family!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I am at a loss for words other than prayers for you and your family.

Pute, I'm sorry to hear this news. The older I get, the more often I get to hear it. Kinda hope mine comes w/o any notice cause there are some assholes on this planet that might regret me getting a terminal diagnosis.
    Hope you are surrounded by those you love and your passing is peaceful, if it is indeed your time to go.
    I've already told Je
    Pute, I'm sorry to hear this news. The older I get, the more often I get to hear it. Kinda hope mine comes w/o any notice cause there are some assholes on this planet that might regret me getting a terminal diagnosis.
    Hope you are surrounded by those you love and your passing is peaceful, if it is indeed your time to go.
    I've told Jesus when I get to heaven and get my new body, there's a couple people that I would like to kick their ass and then I'll ask for total forgiveness and we can end life as friends. Not sure how that'll work out but I'll let you all know if I can. I really plan on hitting the million yard shooting range first though.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Prayers for you and your family.
    I don't know how I would handle this situation, I would hope to be at peace with it like you seem to be.
    When you get to the other side say hi to BT and CM for us.
    And Rick (BA). God rest their souls. OP, praying for you and yours.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for sharing this with us.
    So shocking and sobering to be told your days are nearly done.
    Your faith going into "the darkness," knowing that you are really going into the light b/c of Christ, is as real an example of faith as anyone could demonstrate!
    May you and your loved ones feel the love of God and His peace during this waiting time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear of this. We've only met once, but I've always enjoyed your input in threads. Godspeed, my friend, and I hope that we can trade again someday on the other side.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So very sorry to hear this and condolences to you and your loved ones.

I only hope that when my time comes, I can face it with similar courage.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    A Psalm of David.

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    A Psalm of David.

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
    I wish we had a "love" button for this post.

To the OP - Godspeed as you make the transition to our eternal reward!

I can't decide if it's better to know about your pending death or be surprised by it.

Live every day like it's your last and I hope you are able to knock a few more things off your bucket list...

Top Bottom