• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I seriously doubt that this is over.
    Isreal will retaliate, and Iran will reciprocate.
    Rinse and repeat...
    What I worry most about are the ones that have secreted themselves across our southern boarder.
    Ì think we'll probably be hearing about an attack on U.S. soil soon.
    Iran and the entire Islamic nation are at war with the U.S.
    Sure wish American officials could see the forest but there are evidently too many trees in the way.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have heard (unsupported) the Jordan and Saudi arabia were also involved in shooting down the drones and cruse ballistic weapons.
    I can see the Saudi forces having a good time with practice of interception since they get along so well with Iran.
    hmmm Russia Iran Syria and Yemen verses America Israel Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have heard (unsupported) the Jordan and Saudi arabia were also involved in shooting down the drones and cruse ballistic weapons.
    I can see the Saudi forces having a good time with practice of interception since they get along so well with Iran.
    I'll have to ask my son, when I talk to him later today. He has a few friends in school in Amman right now. He just left there two weeks ago.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE

Don't forget China perched in the good seats, watching like vultures to scrounge over what big pieces are left when some of this clears a bit.

Pretty much everything any western country has ever done in Asia, China wants to do in Africa, ASAP.

*snort*

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Summary:​

• Iran sent 170 drones, 120 ballistic missiles and 30 cruise missiles - carrying a combined 60 tonnes of explosive material - into Israel
    • Iran violated Iraqi and Jordanian airpsace
    • Israel and its allies - including the US - shot down 99% of the Iranian munitions
    • The attack caused minor damage to Nevatim air base, in southern Israel, and one young girl from a Bedouin town in the south was hospitalized for severe shrapnel injuries
    • "We intercepted. We thwarted. Together we will win," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu posted on X.
    • Israel and its allies reportedly viewed the event as a "win."
    • The G7 condemned Iran's "direct and unprecedented attack against Israel" and warning of an "uncontrollable regional escalation."
    • Iran threatened attacks on US bases in the MidEast if Washington joins in any counter-offensive.
    • De-escalation - The Israeli war cabinet voted to "exact a price from Iran in a manner and at a time that is right," but not immediately, according to US officials.
    • "We don't want to see this escalate," US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said, adding that "we're not looking for a wider war with Iran."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A big nothing, just WWIII for the media to spin. Iran has to save face because of their Generals getting killed. I mean they called Israel and told them they were sending the drones and attacking. Why? To make sure Israel would shoot them all down and Iran would do no damage. 99% were shot down and what damage done? Meanwhile Iran media will spin it that they destroyed Israel for what they had done. It's like a kid telling another kid he is going to punch him, then afraid if he does he will get a beat down so he deliberately misses. But its just to save face and show he is willing to throw a punch. The kid that got missed hopefully sees he's willing to fight but just shrugs it off. Thats what Iran just did and hoping for.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Not only so that they can get a pat on the back... but also, the only way to find out if your men are trained right, your doctrine is sound, and your equipment performs as advertised... is to use it.

It's best not to find out when you're fighting for your life.
    For example... see submarine service in the beginning of operations against Japan in WWII, where it was found that doctrine was NOT sound, AND our torpedoes BLEW WIND.

So, if you get a chance, you test them out.
    And this is a test for them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A good show of new tech, I would imagine there are more than a few governments in the world saying "I gotta get me some of that".;)

Israel should just pick up where it left off grinding up Hamas. To their chagrin, all of Iran's proxies now know that their great Muslim champion's teeth have been pulled.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Meh, this is over. Iran lost, but will spin it into a win. They know nor to poke the bear too hard, hence the super long warning on the drone launches. The lesson here is lost on most people, I believe. You can send a swarm of relatively cheap and disposable drones/misslies. Rinse repeat u til they are out of super expensive “wins”. If I was the supreme leader of “Kirtopia”, I would buy a million Cheap drones and send them. Missile defenses are going to be a thing of the past. Too expensive. When AI becomes mature, this will be the future of warfare.

Top Bottom