• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    To be fairrrr, one of my favorite things about this site is how consistently threads go off the originally intended rails. And like mentioned above, some car pages go nuts on someone for not using the search function. Just this week another person asked about what good AR to buy and I thought jeez, this has been covered ad nauseum here and elsewhere, but the responses were on point and not rude. Great job everyone! I wish I had never gotten to fifty quality posts, the classifieds have cost me thousands...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    DadSmith, Just noticed you badge Trainer Supporter. WTH is that? Sounds like a baby jock strap! I’m too lazy to look around to try to find out myself!
    Trainer Supporter Status $20.00 for 1 year
    Expires: Dec 14, 2023
    Trainer Supporter Memberships are available. This one year membership includes:
    Ability to Post Events in proper forums. DOES NOT include other forms of advertising, sales, etc.
    Increased Private Message storage from 50 to 500
    Bold user-name
    The ability to remain invisible when browsing INGO (will not appear on "users online")
    Local Business Supporter Icon that will appear under your user-name
    The ability to come up with your own usertitle
    The ability to display graphics and links in your signature (must follow forum rules)
    Access to the classifieds before making 50 quality posts in the forum

Donation for Supporter Membership is $20 / year

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    where a newbie will get jumped on for not searching the forum before asking a question

I forgot this part.
    Some here will jump on questions already answered.
    Sometimes, it's because it's a question that has been answered a hundred times, in the last year.
    Sometimes, it was answered a decade ago, and really not a big deal that it was asked again. But some people just like to be angry.

So... look first. Though the search sometimes can be problematic.
    Then, if you find something and need clarification, or don't find something, ask away.

Always better to ask, then not ask and not know something.

Almost the same point, necro-posting.
    Some people will complain about it.
    I think, to me, it depends. Someone on a race to 50, yup it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    But sometimes, it's necessary.
    New guys sometimes read threads, or read back in history, and find something that was unanswered.
    I did that early. Found a thread, everyone had forgotten it. But something happened, and we never found out the final result.
    So, I asked.
    Some were supportive.
    Some were, shall we say, less than supportive.

I'll ask if I want to know, and can't find it myself.
    The haters, well they don't pay my bills, or affect my life, so... don't care.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I like looking at the classifieds and reading discussions. I also like looking at the classifieds, but if I saw something that I wanted (and I've been tempted) I'd probably just pay the $20 to bypass the 50 post rule. At this rate it could take me 50 years to get to 50 posts. Maybe I've been broken by some other forums where a newbie will get jumped on for not searching the forum before asking a question. So that's typically what I do, and I've always gotten an answer, thanks guys.

I have never seen that kind of thing here. But I have been an active member of some sites that have gone that way (anyone have an old car?) and it's kind of unpleasant. That said, I can't blame someone for being wary of selling to someone like me through the classifieds, which is why I at least have a pink card.

And there it is, post #1. Quality is subjective though. :)
    When you engage with the community here it doesn't take long to rack up 50 good posts.

Just remember we're more than a forum of unknown people. Many here actually know one another, and are actively looking to meet other members. I've only been about to meet a very few, and all were good people.
    Hopefully I will get to meet more of the members this summer at least in Southeastern Indiana.
    If you take part and become a part of the INGO community you'll fair better. Do we all get along all the time? Nope. Do we agree with each other all the time? Nope. However, we all love firearms and at the end of the day we still come together for that reason alone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I recently posted in the WTS section. I've had a few queries from INGO members; all well and good. I got one response, "Hey, I don't have a LTCH, but would love to buy your gun." Or words to that effect. At the time I got the request, this member had been on the site for less than 24 hours. He has posted nothing, ever. I politely informed him that I could not do business with him. His response was likewise gracious. Since that exchange, I have looked at his profile several times. He has still posted nothing. Everytime I look at his profile, he was most recently seen looking at another WTS ad. Perhaps it is just me, but this smells funny. I don't think the ATFE operates this way. I don't believe this type of behaviour should be permitted on INGO, though I admit having no idea how to stop it. Is what this guy is doing acceptable? Oh, by the way, he paid his $20; he is listed as site supporter. Mods, please take this as permission to open any/all of my private messages to look into this.
    I don't care about the lack of paper card, but I only deal with active members.

Top Bottom