• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I recently posted in the WTS section. I've had a few queries from INGO members; all well and good. I got one response, "Hey, I don't have a LTCH, but would love to buy your gun." Or words to that effect. At the time I got the request, this member had been on the site for less than 24 hours. He has posted nothing, ever. I politely informed him that I could not do business with him. His response was likewise gracious. Since that exchange, I have looked at his profile several times. He has still posted nothing. Everytime I look at his profile, he was most recently seen looking at another WTS ad. Perhaps it is just me, but this smells funny. I don't think the ATFE operates this way. I don't believe this type of behaviour should be permitted on INGO, though I admit having no idea how to stop it. Is what this guy is doing acceptable? Oh, by the way, he paid his $20; he is listed as site supporter. Mods, please take this as permission to open any/all of my private messages to look into this.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Perfectly acceptable as far as I know. The cost of entry to classifieds is either a) 50 quality posts or b) paying the $20 site supporter fee.

He chose option b.

Whether or not member has a LTCH is completely irrelevant in my mind. No need to have one to buy, sell or even carry a gun anymore.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I recently posted in the WTS section. I've had a few queries from INGO members; all well and good. I got one response, "Hey, I don't have a LTCH, but would love to buy your gun." Or words to that effect. At the time I got the request, this member had been on the site for less than 24 hours. He has posted nothing, ever. I politely informed him that I could not do business with him. His response was likewise gracious. Since that exchange, I have looked at his profile several times. He has still posted nothing. Everytime I look at his profile, he was most recently seen looking at another WTS ad. Perhaps it is just me, but this smells funny. I don't think the ATFE operates this way. I don't believe this type of behaviour should be permitted on INGO, though I admit having no idea how to stop it. Is what this guy is doing acceptable? Oh, by the way, he paid his $20; he is listed as site supporter. Mods, please take this as permission to open any/all of my private messages to look into this.
    What isn’t acceptable….?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Rules were followed, supporter status or 50 quality posts. They are free to inquire.

It's up to the sellers how to entertain the transaction or not.

Most of INGO have no idea who I am as I have only met a few dozen of us FTF. However my post history clearly indicates my status within the INGO community and I know I am somewhat well known as an involved INGOer and have gained that trust over a period of time.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yep, no need to have a LTCH to purchase a firearm.

Age and proper person status is all that is needed to purchase. You don't show your LTCH at a gun store.

I only ever mentioned seeing a LTCH to prove residency, a Indiana driver license flash can do the same thing. If it's an active member you can already have an idea about them.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe @texkev can look at PMs (but I don’t think so). I know I can‘t with the permissions I have. Sometimes we can glean information from IP addresses, etc. and sometimes @KellyinAvon or @Cameramonkey or @d.kaufman or @mom45 has a 6th sense about some folks. Absent those kinds of red flags, it doesn’t sound like the member broke any rules. (This is exactly why some INGOers will refuse to do business with low-post-count users).

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok. I suppose it looks like I over reacted. Perhaps.
    I wouldn't say you overreacted.
    Like posted above, if your Spidey senses start tingling, something doesn't smell right, sun got in your eyes... Matters not.

If I get ANYTHING but a positive feel for someone I don't know, I simply move on.

Remember,
    Just because you're paranoid,
    It doesn't mean they're not out to get you...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I saw this youngster today that just got his driver's license and, I kid you not, he was doing 55mph in a 55mph zone.

The nerve of some people. What is this world coming to?

:)
    Was he at least polite about it? If he does it again, do I have permission to access your dashcam footage?

You cannot be too suspicious, these days. :nono:

This thread is like a chick going to a bar in a miniskirt, then wanting the bouncer to remove a guy because he asked her out.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Was he at least polite about it? If he does it again, do I have permission to access your dashcam footage?

You cannot be too suspicious, these days. :nono:

This thread is like a chick going to a bar in a miniskirt, then wanting the bouncer to remove a guy because he asked her out.
    You haven't been wearing that same skirt to the bar again, have you?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I try to trade/buy/sell only on INGO, I have, a few times, traded with someone on FB gun sites, but there I can see their profile, I limit trades there though...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    He's just here for the classifieds and would rather pay money than do the work of hanging around making posts. Take from that what you will.

An actual glowie will be sure to drop hints about being a prohibited person, and record themselves doing so.

Top Bottom