Is There Something Out There Or Is Intelligent Life On Earth It? A Poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there intelligent life beyond our planet?

• The intelligent life on Earth is all there is.

Votes: 5 4.8%
    • There is intelligent life out there, be it a God, Or Other Life Forms.

Votes: 100 95.2%

• Total voters

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    They would have to be at least 10,000+ years older than us. With said generational ships to get here. I really doubt other beings are much more advanced than we are because of the time it takes to develop the intelligence and ability to travel space. We are a long way off from being able to build a generational ship that is self sustainable for thousands of generations.
    You appear to be stuck on the assumption that any aliens don’t know any more about the universe than we do and can only use technologies that we understand. That’s typically the result of anthropomorphism and can limit thinking about unknown unknowns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You appear to be stuck on the assumption that any aliens don’t know any more about the universe than we do and can only use technologies that we understand. That’s typically the result of anthropomorphism and can limit thinking about unknown unknowns.
    And your dreams and imagination makes you more open minded right?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They would have to be at least 10,000+ years older than us. With said generational ships to get here. I really doubt other beings are much more advanced than we are because of the time it takes to develop the intelligence and ability to travel space. We are a long way off from being able to build a generational ship that is self sustainable for thousands of generations.
    They may be 10,000 years older, possibly more. Who’s to say all life was created simultaneously? There are scientists who believe the earth has been here for hundreds of millions of years. I think, mathematically speaking, it’s almost impossible to believe there aren’t more advanced beings in the universe. We don’t even know the extent of the size of the universe, and they already estimate 300 million planets with the ability to potentially be inhabited with life.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    And your dreams and imagination makes you more open minded right?
    No dreams, it’s just that assuming human technology must match alien technology went out with the 19th century. It’s possible non-human life arose a few billion years after the big bang. If so, that could make them billions of years older than us (assuming they’re still around). Seems logical they’d be well beyond internal combustion engines and multi-generational chemical rockets by now, don’t you think? We went from the first airplanes to space travel in some 50+ years; assuming no new dark ages, what could happen to our technology in the next 1000/10,000/100,000 years?

And, as I said before, if no one’s out there but us, seems like an awful waste of space.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't believe that outer space people visit here even though I grew up believing it. My reasoning is that the "proof" of visitation was always a little fuzzy, but we rationalized that. Today, nearly everybody has a high quality movie and sound camera in their pocket, yet the "evidence" has not increased exponentially.

My conclusion is that they aren't here and never were.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't believe that outer space people visit here even though I grew up believing it. My reasoning is that the "proof" of visitation was always a little fuzzy, but we rationalized that. Today, nearly everybody has a high quality movie and sound camera in their pocket, yet the "evidence" has not increased exponentially.

My conclusion is that they aren't here and never were.
    That's what I think about bigfoot too. Or the Loch Ness monster. Why are the pictures always, and I mean ALWAYS so grainy and out of focus?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Moses spots an alien, saves humanity...

bLmH3bK.jpg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    What if the aliens are angels and demons? The bible describes them as being able to move back and forth between the spirit realm and the human realm.
    I'm sold on the idea that some sightings are. But I can't say they all are.

Top Bottom