Is the end of Atterbury Shooting Range near ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As of now they go hand in hand, maybe someday someone of Muslim faith who's a conservative will run?
    From a sample size of two, you extrapolate that Muslims are progressive? Are the resident Muslims on INGO progressive?

What chance would a conservative Muslim have of winning in most areas? I am guessing a lot on here would never vote for one, no matter how conservative they seemed to be. You don't see a lot of racial prejudice around here, but there is religious prejudice.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Muslims under cover. Omar is a straight up Muslim
    What is an under cover Muslim?

How does Islam intersect with progressivism any more than Christianity?

Omar is a straight up idiot. She represents Minneapolis and its burbs. She was elected because she was a progressive, replacing Ellison, another progressive. They may have virtue voted for her because she was Muslim, but she was not elected because her district is majority Muslim.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Omar is a straight up idiot. She represents Minneapolis and its burbs. She was elected because she was a progressive, replacing Ellison, another progressive. They may have virtue voted for her because she was Muslim, but she was not elected because her district is majority Muslim.
    They both despise Christianity. Enemy of my enemies sort of thing?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

A Muslim "progessive" wins in a majority Muslim district? And her religion has no bearing on her victory?
    Please remove the blinders, I bet this had a lot to do with her win, along with her destroy America ideals!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As to you 1st sentence.
    Obama.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Are Constitutional rights for citizens only?
    I think everyone has the right, but the Constitution is only there to protect the citizens of the US's rights. Well it's supposed to. You want the protection covered by the Constitution, pledge allegiance to this great country and follow the laws so you don't lose your rights.

Sorry, just jumping in and haven't read the whole thread.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    From a sample size of two, you extrapolate that Muslims are progressive? Are the resident Muslims on INGO progressive?

What chance would a conservative Muslim have of winning in most areas? I am guessing a lot on here would never vote for one, no matter how conservative they seemed to be. You don't see a lot of racial prejudice around here, but there is religious prejudice.
    Actually it's 3/3 in Congress so 100% lol. I wouldn't have any problem voting for a conservative Muslim, within the military and in academia I have a number of friends that are Muslim and have actually been to their homes and socialized, didn't think anything of it. The most religious prejudice you usually see around here is from the resident atheists.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A Muslim "progessive" wins in a majority Muslim district? And her religion has no bearing on her victory?
    Please remove the blinders, I bet this had a lot to do with her win, along with her destroy America ideals!
    Where did you find that the 5th district in MN is majority Muslim?

It's only 15% foreign born. The whole state is about on par with the nation at around 1% from what I can find. That puts the number somewhere in the 50-100K range statewide.

If you have some different data, please share. Otherwise, maybe you should take your own advice.

Again, she was elected because she is in a very progressive district. Keith Ellison was every bit as bad as she is, if not even worse.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh for God sake Kirk.
    really. Come on man. Cheeseburger summit and serious discuss time.
    Not starting a fight. But as many, many others on INGO have stated, I see no difference between the rights detailed in the Bill of Rights. Indeed, as the U.S. Supreme Court has stated there is no hierarchy built into the Bill of Rights. Agreeing with the Supreme Court as to this issue is not out of line in any way.

I cannot discuss Camp Atterbury. However, I can insist that the perception of the laws regarding firearms ownership and citizen status are askew on INGO. Perhaps I should make a thread.

I am down for a good cheeseburger any time, but let's make it after first weekend in October when they are weighing my happy backside and I have to be down 8 lbs by 2nd OCT.:D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    His government is now your government.

Please understand that I cannot comment, and am not commenting, on the situation at Camp Atterbury I am merely pointing out that the misconceptions regarding firearms ownership and non-citizens.
    Man, you sound like a lawyer or something. LOL

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Human rights Denny. To be expected no matter where we are.
    not apples-apples.
    this is about own/bear arms. We are going off a bit.
    Most of what I was talking about was 4th Amendment territory. The original post was referring to 2nd Amendment. However, subsequently, the question was posed does the US Constitution apply to non-citizens. I was answering that question. In general, yes the US Constitution applies to ALL who find themselves within our boarders.

The 2nd Amendment question has been asked and answered in more detailed terms than what we have time to write here.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So your OK with just anyone getting off a plane from God knows Where and being able to bypass everything we are held accountable to and buy a gun.
    did I wake up in the ****ing “Twilight” zone for crap sake.
    our own Gov vette’s us to through a 4473 and we have to be squeaky clean. So let’s just let these unknowns step around the rules in place and arm up.
    yup. I hear Rod Sirling speaking in the background.

To be clear, are you actually saying you think that immigrants are exempt from filling out a 4473? The rules for immigrants buying guns are exactly the same as they are for citizens. But as for vetting, immigrants are vetted a lot more than you are and can be deported for things that would earn you no more than a slap on the wrist.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Wow, there's a lot here.

"Atterbury range has to close because muh refugees might go on shooting sprees!" is textbook anti-gun bleating.

Especially as most terror attacks are not done with firearms.

"ZOMG, non citizens can buy guns?" Yes, my family and I were legal residents for 7 years before we became citizens, and I even enlisted in the US military in that timeframe. We owned guns. We paid taxes. We owned a house. We spoke American English.

And yes, while we were resident aliens it was made clear that anything from shoplifting to smoking a joint could be considered valid grounds to deny citizenship. It entirely depends on your immigration officer.

The Taliban hasn't committed any terror acts on US soil I'm aware of. They're happy to shag goats, abuse women, read their version of the Quran, and ignore the world. Al Qaida has committed a small amount of terrorism since Sep 11, but not very effectively.

There's little evidence of them sneaking out via refugees. They're happy to see the non-compliant go.

While there's certainly a concern here, it's on my list somewhere below my concern that "if the King of Spain's motorcade breaks down on the state road in front of my house, do I have enough saffron to make an emergency paella?"

Dearborn has a lot of Muslims, but isn't "Entirely" Muslim.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Wow, there's a lot here.

"Atterbury range has to close because muh refugees might go on shooting sprees!" is textbook anti-gun bleating.

"ZOMG, non citizens can buy guns?" Yes, my family and I were legal residents for 7 years before we became citizens, and I even enlisted in the US military in that timeframe. We owned guns. We paid taxes. We owned a house. We spoke American English.

And yes, while we were resident aliens it was made clear that anything from shoplifting to smoking a joint could be considered valid grounds to deny citizenship. It entirely depends on your immigration officer.

The Taliban hasn't committed any terror acts on US soil I'm aware of. They're happy to shag goats, abuse women, read their version of the Quran, and ignore the world. Al Qaida has committed a small amount of terrorism since Sep 11, but not very effectively.

There's little evidence of them sneaking out via refugees. They're happy to see the non-compliant go.

While there's certainly a concern here, it's on my list somewhere below my concern that "if the King of Spain's motorcade breaks down on the state road in front of my house, do I have enough saffron to make an emergency paella?"

I see your point, but the thing about saffron is, you really only need the tiniest amount! Just a little pinch will usually do it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wow, there's a lot here.

Regardless, Dearborn is a **** hole.

Top Bottom