Is the end of Atterbury Shooting Range near ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    How many feel confident that Taliban terrorists that once were in GITMO will most likely be relied on to vet the "refugees". With 5000 at Atterbury and likely to settle in the area, Some will be showing up on the firing line. How about FTF selling to them. Are the welcome wagon members here going to travel and/or relocate to show their virtue or just pretend how rightous they are online ?

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    You have to be a US Citizen to buy a firearm. Dont think just a green card or temp visa will be enough. I'm sure Biden will fast walk the process though. If I were to sell something which I rarely do.
    I'm not selling anything to recent immigrants. Sorry...my toys my rules
    Not necessarily so..

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Not necessarily so..

Wow...I didn't think that was the case.
    Thanks for the clarification

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't think any of those people are going to be permanently settling anywhere near Edinburgh or Atterbury. Refugees have almost always wound up sent to larger cities, typically places with a preexisting enclave from that nationality. My money is on most of them being sent up north to Minnesota.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I don't think any of those people are going to be permanently settling anywhere near Edinburgh or Atterbury. Refugees have almost always wound up sent to larger cities, typically places with a preexisting enclave from that nationality. My money is on most of them being sent up north to Minnesota.
    Dearborn MI is almost totaly Muslim

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sometime ago I worked in Gun shop that had a repeat customer from Australia who had the proper paper work to buy guns in Indy. Always wondered if he was able to get them back home.
    Doubtful.. I believe BBIs told me of a friend of his that lived in Australia had a business making very high quality leather holsters. He requested blue guns to form the holsters with and they had to be shipped through the police station for him to legally possess them. I seriously doubt any real firearms are making it down under legally.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How many feel confident that Taliban terrorists that once were in GITMO will most likely be relied on to vet the "refugees". With 5000 at Atterbury and likely to settle in the area, Some will be showing up on the firing line. How about FTF selling to them. Are the welcome wagon members here going to travel and/or relocate to show their virtue or just pretend how rightous they are online ?
    You are worried about legal refugees enjoying a civil right? You object to this?

I do not understand this paragraph. Could you restate it?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have no link but I heard from a source I have confidence in that they are already having problems with the refugees. Heard they broke in the PX and also some cars.. The good news is Johnson County is opening the new jail any day, the bad news is it will not hold 11,000 people.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Dearborn MI is almost totaly Muslim
    Yup, that's another big enclave. I think Dearborn and the Twin Cities are number one and two in Muslim immigrant population, Somalis being the bulk of them. Weird place for desert people to settle, but IIRC there was some bureaucratic reason for it dating back to the 80s or 90s. Once the first community was in place, State kept settling more people there because there was an existing community.

I dunno if Afghans get along with Somalis, but I would assume State is going to route most of them to those cities and I don't think many of the Afghans have the resources or family already in the US to say no and go somewhere else.

Top Bottom