• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not exact, but it looks like ~3.00 bucks premium for generic rounds that’s middle of the road. For Eagles that would be good.

edit: that is if my mental quick math is close.

edit, edit: ok 680/25 is 27.20, spot for paper silver is 24.22.
    all in all not a terrible deal for bullion. IMO.
    And they are Maple Leafs, not just rounds. Cheaper than Monument for 2024s but they have tubes of 2023s for $676.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So fun fact.... I was at the US Mint in Philly last week on my kids 8th grade field trip to DC. Had a nice conversation with kids about fiat vs gold backed, but while I was in the gift shop they did not have the 2024 silver eagles and the cheapest silver eagle they had in stock was about $80+. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a chance to get a keepsake with actual value, but oh well. Makes me appreciate the spot prices we get online.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So fun fact.... I was at the US Mint in Philly last week on my kids 8th grade field trip to DC. Had a nice conversation with kids about fiat vs gold backed, but while I was in the gift shop they did not have the 2024 silver eagles and the cheapest silver eagle they had in stock was about $80+. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a chance to get a keepsake with actual value, but oh well. Makes me appreciate the spot prices we get online.
    If you go to the mints web site they have them for sale. All qualities, Proofs, First Strikes, Common, and so on. Once you make one order you are on there mailing list. They will send you offers and updates on release dates for all upcoming coins. Could start a lifetime hobby. It really is the best way to buy eagles.

If you want a plane old ASE, (American Silver Eagle) send me a pm we’ll figure a way to get one to you.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you go to the mints web site they have them for sale. All qualities, Proofs, First Strikes, Common, and so on. Once you make one order you are on there mailing list. They will send you offers and updates on release dates for all upcoming coins. Could start a lifetime hobby. It really is the best way to buy eagles.

If you want a plane old ASE, (American Silver Eagle) send me a pm we’ll figure a way to get one to you.
    I can find a 2024 ASE all day long online. I just thought it was funny that I couldn't buy one at the place they are made. I also thought their market price over spot was a little high.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Monument has wartime 35% nickels on sale at spot. Oddly $1.00 face value contains 1.125 tr oz of silver. I have some 90% and am tempted as it is at spot and a small fractional at 0.05625 tr oz per coin.

So their current pricing for $10 face 40% halves equals $27.63/tr oz and 90% dimes/quarters equal $27.16/tr oz. Anyone stack these? Seems like it would suffer from lack of knowledge of folks when trading or selling.

Last edited:

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    So their current pricing for $10 face 40% halves equals $27.63/tr oz and 90% dimes/quarters equal $27.16/tr oz. Anyone stack these? Seems like it would suffer from lack of knowledge of folks when trading or selling.
    90% Halves, quarters, and dimes- yes they are very easily recognizable. Actually my favorite thing to stack.

Nickels- no. They’re only 35% and lesser known. They fall in the same category as 40% halves for me- if I find them I’ll keep them… but I’m not actively seeking them out.

Reactions: Leo

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Silver at 25+ Gold holding over 2100. I knew they would move the ratio back closer to 80:1. It’s ~85:1 now. If gold keeps its level, silver may move higher.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hold your hat folks, Fed speech in 30 min. Indicate not changing rates. This should be interesting. I’d like to see 40.00 / 50.00 sil. and 2500.00 / 3000.00 gold.

Whatever is said, I expect a pretty good swing. Just don’t know if it’s gonna be up or down.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Had to go fill water troughs, glad that went the other way, I was worried when I had to go out.

Now I gotta find out what was said in the FED’s presser.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I know this isn't that more vwlued gold or silver, but it seems copper is making a little head way. Was watching fox or another money type show mixed with news and seen copper was over 4.50. Is it because everything else is up or could it be from more ammo makers are going full copper bullets? Just asking cause i don't keep up with any of this stuff other than maybe scrap #2 copper prices when i get enough to want to cash in.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I know this isn't that more vwlued gold or silver, but it seems copper is making a little head way. Was watching fox or another money type show mixed with news and seen copper was over 4.50. Is it because everything else is up or could it be from more ammo makers are going full copper bullets? Just asking cause i don't keep up with any of this stuff other than maybe scrap #2 copper prices when i get enough to want to cash in.
    If I spent the amount of money on copper I spent on silver and gold from the 80’s to 2000 I’d be wealthy now.

I remember when scrap off of construction jobs was ~20 cents a lb.

I would keep all the copper AND nickel I could now. It’s not going down soon. It’s an industrial metal, almost everything today is electrical, that’s it it’s big thing. JMO Not financial advice. Tin is another by the way.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Copper is used in so many applications I personally believe it's seriously undervalued. Been buying copper for about 10 years now. The biggest problem with buying copper is it has the highest premium. I actually just ordered another 10# this afternoon at the best deal I could find.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Copper is used in so many applications I personally believe it's seriously undervalued. Been buying copper for about 10 years now. The biggest problem with buying copper is it has the highest premium. I actually just ordered another 10# this afternoon at the best deal I could find.
    Personally I think its biggest problem is weight. Ever seen a 100 lb. Copper ingot? WOW. Try and store it safe from theft. Try to move a tonn of it. But then again if you are getting ten lb’s of it, I can only surmise you know what I mean. Well, with a ten year collection, I know, you know what I mean. ;)

Me and a buddy got 4 55 gal. drums of it from the installation of the robots when we built Isuzu in Lafayette. Took us two trucks to get it home.

I do agree it’s much undervalued, similar to silver but for different reasons.

Top Bottom