• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Just went out to the mail box to mail a card, and lo and behold! Guess what was in the box? On the shipping label it even had "Must Show ID" highlighted in yellow. Obviously I didn't show ID. I still have no idea what GCC is or who this RT is that allegedly signed for it. :rolleyes:
    So what was that, next business day?

I've seen this kind of thing before, with stuff marked in tracking as "delivered" but not showing up until the next day. I suspect what happens is a driver gets behind over the course of the day, then sits in the back of the truck and scans a bunch of packages as "delivered" in order to avoid blowing their metrics for the day. Then they make it up the next day and hope nobody is watching the tracking close enough to make a stink.

With the covid excuse, signature seems to mean nothing anymore. They'll leave anything on the porch.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So what was that, next business day?

I've seen this kind of thing before, with stuff marked in tracking as "delivered" but not showing up until the next day. I suspect what happens is a driver gets behind over the course of the day, then sits in the back of the truck and scans a bunch of packages as "delivered" in order to avoid blowing their metrics for the day. Then they make it up the next day and hope nobody is watching the tracking close enough to make a stink.

With the covid excuse, signature seems to mean nothing anymore. They'll leave anything on the porch.
    Did you see the email I posted from the manager of my local PO earlier? They said that according to GPS tracking, his vehicle was at my address, but admitted that the postman "signed for it" himself and gave it to "an individual". This was at 5:50 p.m. per the regular tracking/delivery email.

I still have no idea what individual that was, but since the box wasn't there after I checked a second time (the rest of my mail came in the afternoon at the normal time) after 5:50 p.m., I'm guessing that said individual put it in there either later last night or very early this morning (well before my mail came today). They definitely never knocked on our door.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    371903250_ROCKET_LAUNCH_400px.gif

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've liked what I've seen today. :thumbsup:
    I hear this from so many and I never get a answer as to why that I can understand.

I would like to be holding much more then I am now when the day comes it approaches a new all time high. I would be liking it if it were to crash back to around 15 a oz so I could buy more prior to that day coming.

Is it more folks now days are into buying for shorter term investments ? Im just trying to understand why so many get excited when it goes up a few bucks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hear this from so many and I never get a answer as to why that I can understand.

I would like to be holding much more then I am now when the day comes it approaches a new all time high. I would be liking it if it were to crash back to around 15 a oz so I could buy more.
    Well yeah, we all want to buy low and sell high. I was late to the game, but I, like many, are gambling that it will go higher. But I'm not buying as a "get rich quick" strategy. It's a hedge against inflation and just another part of my overall portfolio.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well yeah, we all want to buy low and sell high. I was late to the game, but I, like many, are gambling that it will go higher. But I'm not buying as a "get rich quick" strategy. It's a hedge against inflation and just another part of my overall portfolio.
    I would agree you are taking a safe gamble. It’s going to go higher. But I still hope everyday it slows down, or even better yet, drops so I can acquire more. I am not ready for it to hit a new high. LOL. Thanks for your response tho.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I hate to be "that guy" but I don't think we'll ever see $15oz again. I think we've been seeing solid support in the mid $20s with that being the new "normal". 3 things occuring: #1 if the r/WSB debacle did anything it put silver into MSM and opened lot of eyes, #2 hyperinflation, #3 future industrial demand. We're in a perfect storm of rising silver prices. It needs to "correct" much higher anyway and I believe we'll see that happen. I would've loved to have purchased lots of Gold at $250oz or bitcoin @ $500ea but those days are long gone

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hate to be "that guy" but I don't think we'll ever see $15oz again. I think we've been seeing solid support in the mid $20s with that being the new "normal". 3 things occuring: #1 if the r/WSB debacle did anything it put silver into MSM and opened lot of eyes, #2 hyperinflation, #3 future industrial demand. We're in a perfect storm of rising silver prices. It needs to "correct" much higher anyway and I believe we'll see that happen. I would've loved to have purchased lots of Gold at $250oz or bitcoin @ $500ea but those days are long gone
    I doubt we’ll ever see it that low again too. I just hope.

I talk to coworkers daily that are now just getting into it. I see on a daily basis their reactions when it moves a little . I ask all of them if they are where they want to ultimately be and not a one is happy where they are but yet they seem to celebrate when it goes up a couple/few bucks.

IMO, I can only understand the cheering of it going up from the ones who are content where they sit and maybe also if they are playing around with the idea of selling at a certain point in near future.

I know there is now a mindset and I just don’t understand it. I am by myself in this. All that I talk to all agree with each other. I’m just curious what I am missing.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe I just struggle communicating with these mostly younger folks that now are getting into it. IDK. But saying that, I’m in no way living in some dream. I know the inevitable is going to happen now. I just don’t understand why it appears everyone seems to cheer for it to go up rather then to buy a little time to be A little better prepared.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Maybe I just struggle communicating with these mostly younger folks that now are getting into it. IDK. But saying that, I’m in no way living in some dream. I know the inevitable is going to happen now. I just don’t understand why it appears everyone seems to cheer for it to go up rather then to buy a little time to be A little better prepared.
    When and why did you stop buying?
    Maybe you shouldn't have.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Curious why the trends ? Unless it’s downward I don’t understand. I think everyone in this thread would agree what lies ahead isn’t good so why not cheer for a downward trend so a person could possibly be even better prepared ?

I haven’t stopped buying. Through the decades I have both bought and sold. I have always done well, but far cry from getting rich from it. I’m still sitting on some I paid less then 5.00 face on. Now being that was bought late 80’s , did I really make much on it ? Where would I be if I would if stuck that into my 401-k then ? IDK. All I can say is I always have done pretty well and can say I have never lost.

With that being said , I still
    Don’t understand why I wouldn’t want to cheer a drop so I can protect even more of my 401-k which I have absolutely no confidence in anymore.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I really want to get more of several things - gold, silver, ammo - but they are all overpriced now. That leaves firearms (no more room) and food (about out of space there also). The only deal I got recently was 70% off Easter candy. Might have to look into alcohol for trade/sterilization/consumption.
    So, now just watching the markets, doing some reloading, and selling a few extras to have cash ready when the market goes down. Mixed results with market timing so far - guess I'll have to expect to mess up again in the future.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Agreed. With premiums as high as they are I have cut way back on purchases. On the plus side, the high premiums make the difference between generic 1oz rounds and Aus Phills or Britannias so close that the four nines sovereign rounds are the better buy in the end.

Premiums now make gold more appealing. Spot ratio is 68:1 silver to gold but using the cheapest 10z Ag round and the cheapest Au coin or bar, the ratio is more like 59:1. Again with the cheapest examples, the silver premium is 20% of spot and the gold only 5%.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Within the last week, I've talked with several other business owners of companies many here would recognize the name of. All basic materials are hard to come by from everything from lumber, paint, piping, drywall mud, etc. I just placed an order for silver and my only regret is that I didn't put myself farther into USD debt to do it.

Top Bottom