• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well don't look at me. I didn't buy any recently. If I had it'd probably be worth half whatever I paid for mine. All kidding aside I'm shocked and amazed that Silver isn't up there with gold for as many nations are getting away from the US Dollar.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I finally broke down and ordered a few Philharmonics very late last night. Spot per Monument was $23.17 then and $22.72 now. I am not going to stress. Buying exactly at the bottom is difficult at best. Buying within the bottom V of the dip is fine with me.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    I finally broke down and ordered a few Philharmonics very late last night. Spot per Monument was $23.17 then and $22.72 now. I am not going to stress. Buying exactly at the bottom is difficult at best. Buying within the bottom V of the dip is fine with me.
    Phils were on sale on top of spot dropping a dollar from the weekend. Still a good buy for you imo. I got some on order last week during that dip. I’m looking at possibly pulling the trigger on a tube of buffalos if it keeps dropping. 22.70 spot now on monument with buffs on sale.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Where are others here buying?

I have been buying from Monument & SD Bullion, watching Privident however their "recognized" spot price is always higher than the other 2 & their premiums are not as competitive.
    Same. Monument and sdbullion are my go to places. They seem to always have the best overall deals spot/premium sales.

Others I watch are herobullion, provident, silvergoldbull, libertycoin etc. but the top 2 seem to always be monument and sd.

I’d love to support local small business but when it’s 2-3$ higher per round here vs online and this is ultimately an investment/hedge getting the best price typically wins out and I order online.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    There was a time I hesitated on purchases while watching spot prices fluctuate...

Then I realized that any serious movement in spot price was usually accompanied by "adjustments" in the premiums. Even during wild daily swings, the differential in price was less than any shipping costs.

If it's your time to buy, just do it. $5 is five bucks, but focus on the forest not the trees.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    There was a time I hesitated on purchases while watching spot prices fluctuate...

Then I realized that any serious movement in spot price was usually accompanied by "adjustments" in the premiums. Even during wild daily swings, the differential in price was less than any shipping costs.

If it's your time to buy, just do it. $5 is five bucks, but focus on the forest not the trees.
    I whole heartedly agree with you on when it’s your time to buy then buy. The cost averages out over time. It feels good when the premium is on sale and spot starts dropping though! As for shipping- the places I’m ordering from ship free on orders over $200 which I would highly recommend doing otherwise shipping eats into the value.

Right now I’m off work with a broken leg so chasing spot for deals has given me a bit of entertainment and something fun to do while I’m sitting at home. :)

Top Bottom