Southside Indy

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK folks, watch your metal prices now. Keep the faith. The hit we are about to take is only a drop in the ocean. (For physical traders). Looks to me like a good buying opportunity. JMO

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    OK folks, watch your metal prices now. Keep the faith. The hit we are about to take is only a drop in the ocean. (For physical traders). Looks to me like a good buying opportunity. JMO
    Personally, if metals aren’t doing well, I look at that as a sign that the dollar is probably doing better (though not always the case.)

I might be the only one here that basically never wants PM prices to go up, because it usually means our dollar is taking a hit. I hold way more dollars than I do PM’s, unfortunately, because I only buy PM’s FTF and with cash and have had limited opportunities to buy that way in the past 10 years.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Personally, if metals aren’t doing well, I look at that as a sign that the dollar is probably doing better (though not always the case.)

I might be the only one here that basically never wants PM prices to go up, because it usually means our dollar is taking a hit. I hold way more dollars than I do PM’s, unfortunately, because I only buy PM’s FTF and with cash and have had limited opportunities to buy that way in the past 10 years.
    You're not the only one that sees things that way.
    I'm not so concerned about the dollar (BACKED BY the full FAITH and CREDIT of the United States government).
    I know where the dollar is headed eventually. The swamp creatures can't help themselves, when it comes to throwing a giveaway party on borrowed money. I realize that at this point there are not enough adults in Washington to keep this Titanic from hitting the iceberg ahead.
    Value of the USD is in the middle of my concern scale. "Chaos" and all it involves is number 1. Enslavement (in any of its manifestations) is right up there too.
    Being your own bank is one thing, but having to be your own law enforcement takes things to a whole new level.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    After Biden depleted the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to lower the price of gasoline to save the Democraps in the last election, the problem now is refilling the reserve. Biden and his handlers will spend hundreds of billions of dollars with US oil companies to “save the SPR” and try to look like a hero and not the schmuck that he really is.
    Just when you think the government is doing some nefarious programs; it is actually much worse than what you believe.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Hey guys. This thread has been fun to browse. Any big tips to help on getting started? I’ve been watching a lot on YouTube but wanted to ask here.

I decided to get responsible a few years ago and just finished paying off every all of my debt. (House and truck payments still but the rest is gone!) I’ve started some investing (stocks, bonds etc) but interested in some pm possibly?

I’m specifically looking at silver but any real tips to help a newbie?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Do a lot of research. What is the cheapest/ounce one day is not necessarily the cheapest the next. findbullionprices is a good start, but you can often find cheaper that is not listed there. Avoid eBay. Check your LCS for deals, and get to know them. Make sure what you buy is content labeled. Junk silver (old American coins) can be a good deal, depending. Indiana taxes anything that is not .999 fine or is not American currency.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Do a lot of research. What is the cheapest/ounce one day is not necessarily the cheapest the next. findbullionprices is a good start, but you can often find cheaper that is not listed there. Avoid eBay. Check your LCS for deals, and get to know them. Make sure what you buy is content labeled. Junk silver (old American coins) can be a good deal, depending. Indiana taxes anything that is not .999 fine or is not American currency.
    Thanks for the reply and tips! I did place one order online already. Sdbullion has a promo for new accounts to get 5oz of their choice at spot (23.79 right now) so I pulled the trigger. Added a couple of the cheapest 1oz rounds I could find to get the order over $200 for free shipping and paid by bank to avoid any up charges.

It’s official I made my first silver purchase. Came out to $25.37 an ounce for 8oz to my door.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom