• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The news said a ”possible raise” by the fed a couple days ago. (Today we know it’s a fact) So market dives, now all that money runs for safe haven pm’s. But physical goes down also, doesn’t make sense. More demand = higher price. But the fact is the run to pm’s is not physical it’s paper ag/au. (contracts) Anyone that thinks the metal market isn’t artificialy manipulated is in my opinion mistaken. An 8 year investigation into the ag market and we’re told “no indication of foul play” ya right. The real reason the market for physical went down is so big money players can buy in cheaper. It will rise when the market rebounds. When the time comes that all of the paper in the world is worth the cost of a role of charmin, we’ll learn what the real value of pm’s are. Keep stacking my friends. When the music stops you’ll already have a seat. JMO.

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Silver down below $21.
    This seems like a good deal:
    https://monumentmetals.com/10-oz-nadir-silver-bar.html
    Yes and the ratio is at 87+:1 if, when it gets to 95:1 I’ll make a reverse trade. I posted a heads up re: Russians effecting the gold market a few days ago, haven’t seen anything more about it. Have been watching the metals drop for a few days though. With all the bruhaha about green energy now is the time to keep all copper and silver. Two main metals used in solar panels.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    james-franco-fist-time.gif

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Speaking for myself, I don’t have a clue what that means. But I don’t speak innuendo or in code I’m more of a straight talk kind of guy. There are few things in this life that are first time for me. I’ve been in pm’s since ag was 2 bucks, Au was 300+. I know my DCA (dollar cost average) for both and I’ve been trading on the ratios for over two decades. How bout you? How bout just say what’s on your mind rather than kid games with pictures and vague meanings.

let me add the obligatory :) so there is no misunderstanding as to my meaning.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Speaking for myself, I don’t have a clue what that means. But I don’t speak innuendo or in code I’m more of a straight talk kind of guy. There are few things in this life that are first time for me. I’ve been in pm’s since ag was 2 bucks, Au was 300+. I know my DCA (dollar cost average) for both and I’ve been trading on the ratios for over two decades. How bout you? How bout just say what’s on your mind rather than kid games with pictures and vague meanings.

let me add the obligatory :) so there is no misunderstanding as to my meaning.
    I meant "first time in this thread?"
    There are many pages of discussion with plenty of knowledgeable folks in here.
    :welcome:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I'm starting to see why so many European treasure hunters come up with ancient PM hoards. When bugging out, if you don't have a wagon/car/a bunch of slaves who haven't run off, you have to choose between food/essential items and PMs. Can't haul it all. Nowadays it's firearms/ammo/food and PMs. That stuff is HEAVY! How many will just decide that they will come back a dig it up when things cool off? And we see that, historically, many never did.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I meant "first time in this thread?"
    There are many pages of discussion with plenty of knowledgeable folks in here.
    :welcome:

We’ll no it’s not, like I said in a previous thread you did this in. I’ll quote it for you again, “do you ever read the posts before adding your 2 cents” if you bother looking back only one page you’ll find at least 5 posts of mine in this thread. I’m well aware of the fountain of knowledge in these pages. As I’m aware of the dearth of knowledge. Has it ever occurred to you I may have some little smattering of knowledge of pm’s? I mean I’ve only been in them since 1982. I remember that date because that’s when mine and my brides first 5 yr. CD matured and we were deciding what to do with the money. I bought AG at ~2 bucks.

edit to add: heck there is one only one post above your cartoon.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm starting to see why so many European treasure hunters come up with ancient PM hoards. When bugging out, if you don't have a wagon/car/a bunch of slaves who haven't run off, you have to choose between food/essential items and PMs. Can't haul it all. Nowadays it's firearms/ammo/food and PMs. That stuff is HEAVY! How many will just decide that they will come back a dig it up when things cool off? And we see that, historically, many never did.
    That is why I want to convert some silver to gold, just waiting for the ratio to swing.

And I resisted the great deal above. I need to do some remodeling on a rental property and the cash will go towards that. I also want to start doing some buying at a local coin shop. Need to bolster a relationship for future trading.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    We’ll no it’s not, like I said in a previous thread you did this in. I’ll quote it for you again, “do you ever read the posts before adding your 2 cents” if you bother looking back only one page you’ll find at least 5 posts of mine in this thread. I’m well aware of the fountain of knowledge in these pages. As I’m aware of the dearth of knowledge. Has it ever occurred to you I may have some little smattering of knowledge of pm’s? I mean I’ve only been them since 1982. I remember that date because that’s when mine and my brides first 5 yr. CD matured and we were deciding what to do with the money. I bought AG at ~2 bucks.
    I was born in February.

…of 1982.

I’m here to soak up knowledge and you seem to know your stuff.

I can vouch for @Tyler-The-Piker though and I honestly don’t think he was trying to start a pissing contest.

Now whether or not ANYONE on INGO would WANT ME to vouch for them is a TOTALLY different story ;)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    BR, you talking 1 oz. ASE. Can’t be AGE. 15 bucks seems like a pretty steep premium for ASE but could be. Haven’t paid cash for bullion in a while.

ASE.

Here it is at the moment:

Right at $35

Steep premium indeed.... Of course, those that were buying ASE vs bars in the past may be pleased.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When I did buy silver, I always purchased American Eagles instead of bars. I always figured they would be easier to liquidate if need be than bars.... figured folks might view them as less easy to counterfeit or something. I did not have a problem moving all of mine.

Normally, the premium for bullion coins would be around $2. I've seen it is currently as high as $15.

Given the premiums, do you think bullion is a better choice than bars in the long term?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    When I did buy silver, I always purchased American Eagles instead of bars. I always figured they would be easier to liquidate if need be than bars.... figured folks might view them as less easy to counterfeit or something. I did not have a problem moving all of mine.

Normally, the premium for bullion coins would be around $2. I've seen it is currently as high as $15.

Given the premiums, do you think bullion is a better choice than bars in the long term?

ASE premium is supposed to carry over to when you go to sell vs. bullion. I wouldn't know because I don't sell.... I personally buy bullion for value and ASE and Morgans because I like them.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

The only ASE I have was sold as a premium by a dealer, at spot. Everything else is bars or rounds. For ASEs to retain their premium will require infrastructure and buyer demand and government backing. My silver is for when none of those apply, so I'm not interested in high premiums.
    Some might have to be sold for personal emergencies. If so, the extra premium will be the least of my worries.
    Ordered some of the 10 oz. bars linked above just now at $235.00

Top Bottom