Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

"Sony Pictures studio is set to produce another live-action remake of “Cinderella” with a “diverse” cast meant to better reflect the studio’s audience, and this time, the Fairy Godmother — or as it is now known, the “Fab G” — will be played by a male, Emmy-winning “Pose” actor Billy Porter."

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

"Sony Pictures studio is set to produce another live-action remake of “Cinderella” with a “diverse” cast meant to better reflect the studio’s audience, and this time, the Fairy Godmother — or as it is now known, the “Fab G” — will be played by a male, Emmy-winning “Pose” actor Billy Porter."
    If cinderella isn’t a gay man, they’re just not trying…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Whoopsie...

Surely this has absolutely nothing to do with the wokeness? :n00b:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's become a very expensive entertainment venue in a time when Americans are dealing with having less to spend on entertainment. The woke is bad to be sure, but I would bet money has a lot to do with this trend.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My cynicalness tends to cause me to believe most people making the pilgrimage to see the mouse simply don't know or care about the wokeness. They probably blindly set their kids down in front of any WD product hitting the DVD players/streaming services now. If they're not going, it's probably money driven -- mostly. (I'd like to be proven wrong, BTW).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My cynicalness tends to cause me to believe most people making the pilgrimage to see the mouse simply don't know or care about the wokeness. They probably blindly set their kids down in front of any WD product hitting the DVD players/streaming services now. If they're not going, it's probably money driven -- mostly. (I'd like to be proven wrong, BTW).
    They will acknowledge what you say, respond that the action is wrong, then tuck back into their normality bias shell. They just cannot believe it is that bad.

We have reached the point that since this country has always come out ok, it always will, no matter what is done to it.

Reminds me of an story, the gearbox was low on gear lube, farmer did not have any so he topped it off with oil, worked like normal, then farmer thought, gear lube is expensive, oil worked fine so he bought oil instead and continued to top it off. It became “normal” to use the oil, it always worked, the farmer even bragged that he was saving money, over time there was less and less gear lube and more thin oil. Then one day the gear box seized.

Most of us on INGO are like the gear lube, but the country is being overtaken by thin oil allowed by those for whom it has become normal…

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    As of late last year, we had a family trip planned for Disney.

I was pretty opposed to it, but my wife really wanted the kids to experience it.

The grandparents were very excited about going too.

I’ve never been so what do I know.

Then came all the grooming stuff.

That was enough to provide the extra cover.

Now I’m done with Disney.

The kids believe it’s being run by Satan.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We will be heading to Florida in December for a couple weeks, not going to Disney this time around. We have missed the last two years but for several years in a row we spent Christmas day at Disney. They really do a first rate job decorating the resorts and parks for Christmas.

To be honest, it will seem strange not being there for the holidays but they have screwed themselves. We will probably go to Universal instead.

This is Christmas Eve a couple years ago. They get so busy, they actually cut people off from entering the parks.

DSC02171.JPG

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We will be heading to Florida in December for a couple weeks, not going to Disney this time around. We have missed the last two years but for several years in a row we spent Christmas day at Disney. They really do a first rate job decorating the resorts and parks for Christmas.

To be honest, it will seem strange not being there for the holidays but they have screwed themselves. We will probably go to Universal instead.

This is Christmas Eve a couple years ago. They get so busy, they actually cut people off from entering the parks.

View attachment 225672
    Nice picture, but to be in the middle of that? No way for me. (I don't like crowds.)

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My wife is so upset with them, she refuses to buy anything Disney for the grandchildren. The last (and final) time we were there I think Walt was turning over in his grave. Service was lousy and our extremely over-priced mealnwas cold. Simply put, I think a person could easily find a better return on their entertainment dollar.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Back in the 70s and mid-80s we took our son to Disneyland twice (I think he was five and 11 IIRC) and had a pretty good time.

Back in 2006, Susie & I went to Orlando for a week and spent a day at Epcot - I really had no desire to stand in line for hours waiting for rides at Disney World. Although the Epcot experience was wonderful, I really had no desire to go back there, and that was before WDC started going "woke". OTOH, where I work, I think three families have been there in the recent past and all talked about how much they enjoyed it.

I expect the Disney Experience is going to be heavily flavored by what we expect of it. It seems to me that it's not a matter of supporting "woke-ness" or opposing it; it's a matter of your individual perception of whether or not you're getting good value for the money you're spending for entertainment. As long as people feel like they're getting good value for their money, they'll continue to choose the place. About the time they no longer feel they're getting good value for their money - whether it be because the costs have risen too much or because the environment has become toxic - they'll stop spending their money there and the venue will either have to reassess their policies or go out of business.

Top Bottom