• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Back in the 70s and mid-80s we took our son to Disneyland twice (I think he was five and 11 IIRC) and had a pretty good time.

Back in 2006, Susie & I went to Orlando for a week and spent a day at Epcot - I really had no desire to stand in line for hours waiting for rides at Disney World. Although the Epcot experience was wonderful, I really had no desire to go back there, and that was before WDC started going "woke". OTOH, where I work, I think three families have been there in the recent past and all talked about how much they enjoyed it.

I expect the Disney Experience is going to be heavily flavored by what we expect of it. It seems to me that it's not a matter of supporting "woke-ness" or opposing it; it's a matter of your individual perception of whether or not you're getting good value for the money you're spending for entertainment. As long as people feel like they're getting good value for their money, they'll continue to choose the place. About the time they no longer feel they're getting good value for their money - whether it be because the costs have risen too much or because the environment has become toxic - they'll stop spending their money there and the venue will either have to reassess their policies or go out of business.
    Plus, the longer we’re inundated with wokeness, the more comfortable we’ll become with it. We’ll quickly forget how “it used to be”. Just like people of my generation and later either can’t remember or have never been able to buy a gun through the mail and simply have it sent to your home, have grown accustomed to and even support the current FFL regime, future generations will embrace pronouns and all the other rainbow jihad infections.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    We as a society have fallen into the trap of allowing our body to direct our path rather than morality and what’s right. Cuteness, physical pleasure and so much more has taken over. We allow in your face indoctrination of our loved ones (at all ages) because it feels good. Pleasure to the eye or the body is just more important that our whole being, including mind and spirit.

We all complain about it while we buy their products, watch their movies, but their clothes and so on. It’s like masterbation for the mind and we cannot or do not want to stop; and continue at the expense of others (family).

Why even think about supporting Disney? They are openly destroying the family and bragging about it; while many many plan their Disney vacation next year.

I’m tired of hearing people moan about it while they watch Marvel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We as a society have fallen into the trap of allowing our body to direct our path rather than morality and what’s right. Cuteness, physical pleasure and so much more has taken over. We allow in your face indoctrinated of our lives ones (at all ages) because it feels good. Pleasure to the eye or the body is just more important that our whole being, including mind and spirit.

We all complain about it while we buy their products, watch their movies, but their clothes and so on. It’s like masterbation for the mind and we cannot or do not want to stop; and continue at the expense of others (family).

Why even think about supporting Disney? They are openly destroying the family and bragging about it; while many many plan their Disney vacation next year.

I’m tired of hearing people moan about it while they watch Marvel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of the age never comes to us with horns and a pitchfork. He normally comes as something pleasing to the senses.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

NFG....not a single one.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Universal studios is much better anyways in our opinion and cheaper. Nothing is cheap down there but it's a lot cheaper than Disney.

Disney is so woke and they throw it in your face everywhere and a lot of the employees are rude at Disney parks and properties.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    From what I understand, there was a Disney employee protest over Florida's Don't Say Gay bill in California! About 60 LGBT employees and advocates turned out somewhere not on or in front of Disneyland to make their voices heard. Meanwhile back in Florida, one single Disney employee stood in solidarity on the side of the road outside the entrance of the Walt Disney World compound which for anyone familiar with WDW is basically an interstate highway leading into the resort complex. He might as well have been standing on the moon because no one driving by is likely to notice him or his message. But kudos for his commitment.

Now if The Walt Disney Company is Florida's single largest private employer and only one out of the millions of employees only one Florida resident employee was willing to stand in protest of the Don't Say Gay bill, yet sixty California employees in California find it necessary to protest a bill that doesn't even effect them, then I'd say this whole affair says a lot more about California's attitude regarding how they think they can dictate the morals of the rest of the country than anything else.

For how TWDC has responded to Don't Say Gay, I think they did cowtow a little to the media pressure and that's why this has become a media tempest in a teapot. For 60+1 employees of a company this size to bring the CEO to his knees begging for forgiveness says they should have never let Bob Igor retire but that's on the Disney board, not it's employees or guests.

As for whether it's still a family destination, I don't ever notice the politics seeping into the park experience. Yes, it's incredibly overpriced. Yes, they've cut so many perks and conveniences in an attempt to recoup COVID losses. Yes, they've commodized the heck out of every single little thing in an effort to pry every last cent out of you. That's not unique to Disney and it's not inherently evil, it's just capitalist response to exploring every possible avenue of profitability. Now if you want to curb THAT trend not just at Disney but every business and enterprise that's charging for things that once were complimentary, then by all means don't patronize these businesses. If enough customers/guests stop spending then eventually they'll be forced to reevaluate the endless monetization of perks as profit opportunities and things can start shifting back to an all-inclusive experience at least to some degree.

But be careful heading down that road because the whole reason companies do this is to avoid raising the price of their core products and services. It's like when airlines began unbundling their perks and offering them as add-on fees. They said it was all about giving passengers choices but it was mostly just to avoid jacking up base fares 15-25%. If they charge for the carry-ons, the headsets, the snacks, the oxygen mask to fall in an emergency, priority boarding, priority evacuation in an emergency, etc, then they can actually make more in the long run because these ancillaries were soft costs hidden inside the base fee but now removed and offered separately but at much inflated prices. Does anyone really believe that my carry-on costs the airline an additional $20 in fuel? Absolutely not but if even half the 150 passengers pay that fee the airline makes far more than they would have by increasing the base fare. The hospitality industry is doing much the same thing right now in response to the billions they need to recoup from the pandemic's financial wake.

I'm sitting in a hotel right now as I'm at my company HQ for training all week. We spend millions here annually yet we still have to keep them honest that our contract specifies the breakfast is included, otherwise they conveniently'forget' to include those vouchers when we check-in. Yet if we stayed next door at the business traveler hotel we'd have a complimentary breakfast buffet! And that hotel's rooms are cheaper! That's the hospitality industry for you!

So in summary don't interpret a few loudmouth Disney employee protesters as indicative of the company's voice. Yes, TWDC did finally speak out against Don't Say Gay but it's not taking any substantive action to combat it like some more woke companies might or certain activist states. And I don't think it is evident in it's guests park experience. But if you have moral reservations about the company's values or practices, don't attend. If yours are truly the morals of the majority, eventually they'll feel the financial impact the possibly change course. It's unfortunate that the values of an ACTUAL minority have been dictating corporate values for far too long and that needs to change. Just don't be surprised if by adopting the moral high road principle in all your dealings you find your options severely limited because dig deep enough and almost all companies support some cause we may not agree with.
    I have no interest in my money knowingly going to wages of the communists on the left. If disney would fire all left leaning employees I might consider going back. Word of warning to employers, if you openly provide time for your employees to show and promote wokeness and communist ideals, I will openly avoid spending money with you. I have little care about the companies. I prefer having a direct impact on the income of the little guy that likes sh!*ting on my values. Maybe they will be blessed with being laid off and unable to find acceptable replacement income.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is sad. If they kept the employees the company would have ceased to exist sooner.

As a reminder. Their better world likely does not include you or your values.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Adults getting into Disney is just weird to me.

I work with a guy that is a huge disney nut. Watched every last classic Disney movie, his office is decorated with Mickey Mouse, and I think his Coffee mug is something Disney. I think he travels to DW several times a year. A grown a** man in his 40s now. He and his wife have no children. And before Covid/ The Crash he had planned to move to Florida to be able to go more often. (and he liked Florida weather better). He was supposed to move last year. He's still with us up here. I wonder why? LOL

I mean, My wife and I went to disney after we were married and before kids. But it was a one-off and we werent really "into" All things Disney/Mouse. It was just something fun to do, and to enjoy the full experience without being bogged down by kids. That way when we took our kids, we didnt have to worry about us trying to figure out how to experience the fun for ourselves. Never took our kids. It just got too expensive and not worth the money. (and neither kid was really interested)

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    For the short answer is:

Certainly safe enough inside the gates.

The cost factor says mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone have a greater experience for less money.
    BTW. Kids may learn something valuable by mistake.

As a matter of principle, I can’t subsidize an organization so opposed to my values.

Top Bottom