Is anyone actually selling Mosin rifles for $450 plus?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I see the ordinary rifles selling for around $300 or so but $450 plus seems high to me. I do have a Remington that never left the US and not military marked that probably would sell for those prices.

Any experience getting those prices?

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I've seen ones in good condition bring way north of $450. I'm not sure if the ones for $800-900 are selling, but I've seen several sell for $550-650. They may be bringing more now, I haven't been to a show in several months.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    You have to remember, the kids buying them these days don't have a reference point to compare prices like us old guys do. I remember seeing them sell for $29.99 or less. The kids buying them now see them in video games but don't know how cheap they used to be. $500 or more seems perfectly reasonable to them when comparing them to other rifles.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    You have to remember, the kids buying them these days don't have a reference point to compare prices like us old guys do. I remember seeing them sell for $29.99 or less. The kids buying them now see them in video games but don't know how cheap they used to be. $500 or more seems perfectly reasonable to them when comparing them to other rifles.
    Wow, $500. And to think I was reluctant to give $250 for a hex receiver.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I see them listed here, other online sites, and in shops for $400 - 500, but they rarely sell for that unless it's something oddball or special. Plain Jane, round receiver, war-time, refurb 91/30s are still probably $300 - 400 guns, depending on age and condition, imho.

TAB30-06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2023
    Otterbein
    I took one into Gander Mountain in Lafayette to sell for some cash towards an 870. I couldn't say yes fast enough when the guy offered me $300. That was on top of a $50 rebate from Remington at the time. No wonder Gander went out of business.

mausermadness

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I mean it's been about 10 years since I sold a very desirable one for 1700$. Values are up and new ones aren't being imported let alone made. Supply is fixed and demand is steady.
    20 years ago I talked to older collectors who remember lugers coming in in 55 gallon drums. There was a gunshop that would let you try before you buy. Junk ones were thrown into the creek that you checked function into. If I remember correctly it was a cool $15 a luger. Those same guys would go nuts for today's prices.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I remember Len's gun shop in Glenwood, Illinois as a kid. Probably about 1965. They had just set out two 55 gallon drums full of surplus Mausers, $20 each, your choice, no guarantee. The adult conversation that I overheard was "who would pay $20 for one of those". Different sized dollars in those days.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    My Thing 2 bought a case of hex's for $129.00 each delivered as I recall. It might have been $119.00
    To be fair, it did have a strap, a leather wrap around the stock that holds extra bullets, and a scope mount that accepts modern 1" scopes. Also not a spec of corrosive damage.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I see the ordinary rifles selling for around $300 or so but $450 plus seems high to me. I do have a Remington that never left the US and not military marked that probably would sell for those prices.

Any experience getting those prices?

This is currently at $1975. Buy now price is around $5000

1702641942815.png

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have one Ishevsk that is a 91/59 with an early 1906 receiver but about every other model a Tula. One Remington that never left the country and never been in service. Guess if I wanted I could liquidate to make some money even if sold for ~ $300.

Top Bottom