IRS Job Posting - sound sounds like FBI, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTrooper

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Realityville, IN
    The IRS has had 1811 series criminal investigators for decades.

The entire federal government has about 40,000 federal agents across all agencies and branches...curious where they are going to find these additional 80,000 qualified agents?
    Open borders? Agitated BLM and Antifa leftists?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a level of disdain for what the IRS does that is difficult to match, especially since I have transitioned to a position where I do not participate in withholding and must make quarterly payments.

That being said, I always want to make sure my outrage is based upon fact and in proportion to the actual problem, not in proportion to what the media commentator types and politicians are trying to use elicit an emotional responses from me to get my time, money or support.

So, first of all- the whole "armed agent" thing. As I detailed in post #21 above, I have been well and personally aware that there was an armed branch of the IRS for about 20 years. If this is news to anyone, that's on you. We may not like it, but there have been armed tax agents since there have federal taxes. This is nothing new. As I said, I've seen their gun vault. That the IRS would advertise for people to fill these roles seems.....obvious. Name a president you liked- they had armed IRS agents working for them. Name one you don't like. Guess what- they had armed IRS agents working for them. Too many? I'll agree no matter what the number is, but that's a matter of degrees not some kind of wholesale change in strategy.

Second, the 87,000 agents (86, 582, not just agents, but all IRS employees). Over the 10 years this applies to, it will take 52,000 to simply maintain the same staffing levels due to attrition (would you want to spend 40 years doing this work?). I don't want more IRS people at all, but given that there are about 75,000 current IRS employees now to process 261,000,000 returns and there were 85,000 IRS employees in 1978 to process 85,000,000 returns, 88% the people to process over 3 times the number of returns (a move in the right direction), I'm not so sure we are seeing some kind of cataclysmic something in this current bill. To me, it's just the bureaucracy trying to grow itself...like it always does and always has.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At least I got an answer.

I fail to find this scary. I guess I'm not one of the "many people" who didn't know there was an IRS CI Division.

Apparently the program started in 2002. Imagine 20 years without all the panic.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Two out of the three photos are from 2017, one is from this year.
    There’s a better than average chance Massie might address your concerns if you ask him on his Twitter page. He’s responded to me on occasion.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The numbers call for an increase of, over 10 years, 25% in the IRS workforce, too much, of course, but if the 86,582 were new hires, that would be an increase of, not 25%, but of about 216%.

As far the pictures above, we now know the context and regardless of when they were taken, they are from a program that has been around since 2002 and shows college accounting and other students dressing up and participating in an event run by the IRS CI. They are not persons undergoing training or otherwise IRS agents of any variety. The IRS wants students to consider a career as an agent and the IRS CI is more exciting than what most agents do. It's like the Navy always showing the Seals in commercials, not a guy deep in the bowels of an old ship greasing machinery.

So...we are aware that there is such a thing as a "tax crime" and that is not a new thing and that the IRS has had sworn law enforcement officers since 1919, right?

Top Bottom