• Total voters

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I work with one that told me his parents were Democrats and that's why he is today. I'm sure glad his parents were not child molesters or murders, how would he have ended up. Don't believe that some are able to think for themselves...

My parents were both Democrats. My mother still is. I believed the positions that that party tends to hold, to the point of seeing the value of waiting periods and even voting for Bill Clinton. Then a guy I worked with challenged some of my stated positions and made me think about them, presenting rational, reasoned, verifiable counterpoints. I started thinking and realized how wrong I'd been all those years. The conservative positions, those that support a small, very inefficient government, do make good sense, but someone has to have the issues presented intelligently and has to have an open mind to be willing to give them fair consideration. Without that, people on the so-called Left side of the spectrum mostly remain in ignorance.

He can only use the "parents" excuse for so long. At some point, you yourself are responsible for either choosing to think for yourself or for choosing to continue to vote based on emotion.

Blessings,
    Bill

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My parents were both Democrats. My mother still is. I believed the positions that that party tends to hold, to the point of seeing the value of waiting periods and even voting for Bill Clinton. Then a guy I worked with challenged some of my stated positions and made me think about them, presenting rational, reasoned, verifiable counterpoints. I started thinking and realized how wrong I'd been all those years. The conservative positions, those that support a small, very inefficient government, do make good sense, but someone has to have the issues presented intelligently and has to have an open mind to be willing to give them fair consideration. Without that, people on the so-called Left side of the spectrum mostly remain in ignorance.

He can only use the "parents" excuse for so long. At some point, you yourself are responsible for either choosing to think for yourself or for choosing to continue to vote based on emotion.

Blessings,
    Bill

Good to know the following did not apply in your case, Bill. However, in many cases, good 'ol Hillbilly wisdom applies:

Don't nevah try t' teach no pig t' sing. Ya jess frustrate youseff an annoy the pig.

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    I think some of it might be in large urban areas people don't see the utility of firearms. They don't hunt, don't Target shoot and place all of their trust in 911. The only time the media makes them aware of guns is when they are miss used by criminals. When everything you know or think you know about something is negative I can see how that influences your opinion. It's not right but I can sortof see it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think some of it might be in large urban areas people don't see the utility of firearms. They don't hunt, don't Target shoot and place all of their trust in 911. The only time the media makes them aware of guns is when they are miss used by criminals. When everything you know or think you know about something is negative I can see how that influences your opinion. It's not right but I can sortof see it.

On TV/movies, guns are with the police, or the bad guys. If they do show an armed citizen, it's usually an incompetent.

Top Bottom