• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I know we have a few resident knife fanatics/gurus here on INGO, I am looking to buy my first (of many, I'm sure) Busse knife. However, it seems as though there is some relationship between the knife brands of Busse-Swamprat-Scrapyard? How does that work out? I joined Bladeforums as an additional resource. Also, I'll take any of the pointers and/or advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    as far as history goes my knowledge is limited but paddling man and flatlander would surely know. the knives? busse is the top of the heap with swamp rat and scrapyard being more economical while not losing anything in the design and craftsmanship. the main difference is the steel used. if you want to play with some your always welcome to beat on mine.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Tyler, I somehow knew you would be the first to answer my question if Stacey wasn't available to see it first. I've already PMed paddling_man as he lives in Fishers as well to see if he wouldn't mind showing me a few of them. I know he listed a bunch for sale at one time, I don't know if he sold them or not. Also, thanks for graciously offering me to "beat on yours" as you put it, I'll see you at the NFA day shoot, right? I'd like to buy and bring one of my own to "show and tell" by then, but I won't be heartbroken if I have to wait until the next 1500 to see the Busse booth's selection.

+1 Rep'd for the offer, if you're not opposed to bringing them out to the NFA shoot, I'd love to see them.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Busse will have a booth at Knob Creek as well. Hope to make my first purchase there.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Tyler, I somehow knew you would be the first to answer my question if Stacey wasn't available to see it first. I've already PMed paddling_man as he lives in Fishers as well to see if he wouldn't mind showing me a few of them. I know he listed a bunch for sale at one time, I don't know if he sold them or not. Also, thanks for graciously offering me to "beat on yours" as you put it, I'll see you at the NFA day shoot, right? I'd like to buy and bring one of my own to "show and tell" by then, but I won't be heartbroken if I have to wait until the next 1500 to see the Busse booth's selection.

+1 Rep'd for the offer, if you're not opposed to bringing them out to the NFA shoot, I'd love to see them.

yeah I can bring some to NFA day. what model are you looking at right now?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    yeah I can bring some to NFA day. what model are you looking at right now?

I like the Jackhammer, Tank Buster, Hell Razor, Satin Jack, Steel Heart, Special Forces Natural Outlaw, just to name a few. I'm having difficulty narrowing down what I'd really like to buy first by looking at pictures online.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I like the Jackhammer, Tank Buster, Hell Razor, Satin Jack, Steel Heart, Special Forces Natural Outlaw, just to name a few. I'm having difficulty narrowing down what I'd really like to buy first by looking at pictures online.

the jackhammer is sharp as hell! but really your best bet is just to wait till knob creek or the 1500. most of those knives your looking at are about the same overall size just with differences in width and shape basically, so you would be best served to handle them in person. I'm pretty sure mike had almost all those knives at the 1500 a couple weeks ago. plus mike is GREAT to deal with.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I may consider something a little smaller that's more suitable for EDC as well. I prefer folders for EDC, ZT makes some nice folders I like, but I'm not opposed to nice fixed blade Busse for EDC either.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    * Also- Anyone with a Busse knife please answer, is the "INFI" as durable as it's been hyped up to be? I'll admit I am a little skeptical, but not in disbelief of their claims by any means. I'd just like a little affirmation from some people who own and use them. Thanks.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I may consider something a little smaller that's more suitable for EDC as well. I prefer folders for EDC, ZT makes some nice folders I like, but I'm not opposed to nice fixed blade Busse for EDC either.

what a coincidence I happen to have both:D

IMG_5619.jpg

* Also- Anyone with a Busse knife please answer, is the "INFI" as durable as it's been hyped up to be? I'll admit I am a little skeptical, but not in disbelief of their claims by any means. I'd just like a little affirmation from some people who own and use them. Thanks.

www.knifetests.com Home is it any surprise that the top two knives tested are busse and scrapyard? not really.;)

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Thanks Tyler, I've been saying it correctly then, my co-worker who corrected me was wrong, he was saying "bus" or "busey". That's a good feeling.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    *Economic side note:

From the looks of the sales forum over on Bladeforums, these knives are safer investments than anything in the stock market. Guns, gold and knives seem to hold up best!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Do these companies only release one knife at a time? It looks like all that is available online from Busse's site is the Tank Buster, Swamprat has the Rodent Waki, and Scrapyard has the scrapper 5 LE available. Is there anywhere else aside from shows that sell them?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Let me clarify that- I meant to ask if they only sell one type of knife at a time, I'm pretty sure they'd only release one at a time anyway unless they debut a new line or something. I noticed there is a pretty good little selection under the knives tab on scrapyard's site, but then in the ordering tab all that you can order is the scrapper 5 LE.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    They have a good selection at shows. Quite a few at Knob Creek last time I was there. It's only 4 hours from Indy.

Top Bottom