• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a prediction for both of you. It won't be confined to the people who actually breached the capitol. In states with red flag laws, merely having attended a protest at the capitol on 6 Jan will be used as de facto evidence that that person should have his guns confiscated because of the obvious danger (s)he represents to the new world public order - and it will not be that long before I am proved right. Much like there used to be more demand for racism than the actual supply, in the new reality the demand for show trials of dangerous right wing insurrectionists will likely greatly exceed the supply of same
    To that I say "Rutabaga".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Feds focused on rounding up the Threepers.

Big, fat brain worms with this bunch.

Adult male population of the United States: ~101,000,000

(0.03) x 101,000,000 = 3,030,000

That's going to be quite the roundup

“I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”
    ― Barry Goldwater

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have also heard that Amazon has done this but I can’t find independent verification that they have. I haven’t spent much time looking though, so it may be. But if it is, it’s probably just the six books affected. You can still buy many dr suess books on Amazon Kindle right now.

And if Amazon did remove the books from people’s accounts it is more likely that it’s that the publisher revoked the agreement with Amazon to sell digitally. This has happened before like that.
    If that is the case, and a buyer *purchased* (past tense) the book, then Amazon is not "selling" (present continuous tense) the book, digitally or otherwise. To remove it after the sale would seem to constitute theft or at a minimum, breach of contract.

If I sell you a box of JHP and then I (stupidly) move to New Jersey, I cannot come and take those cartridges back on the basis that I am not allowed to sell them anymore.

I do agree that the majority of this may well be the Streisand effect.

Blessings,
    Bill

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    If that is the case, and a buyer *purchased* (past tense) the book, then Amazon is not "selling" (present continuous tense) the book, digitally or otherwise. To remove it after the sale would seem to constitute theft or at a minimum, breach of contract.

If I sell you a box of JHP and then I (stupidly) move to New Jersey, I cannot come and take those cartridges back on the basis that I am not allowed to sell them anymore.

I do agree that the majority of this may well be the Streisand effect.

Blessings,
    Bill
    With digital purchases it works a bit differently. Amazon might remove it from people's libraries preventing them from downloading it again if they delete the file from their device. This is covered in the contract for most (if not all) digital purchases, the seller isn't required to serve you new copies of the digital media forever

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With digital purchases it works a bit differently. Amazon might remove it from people's libraries preventing them from downloading it again if they delete the file from their device. This is covered in the contract for most (if not all) digital purchases, the seller isn't required to serve you new copies of the digital media forever
    This. Bezos has an army of lawyers that I'm sure have their butts covered... at the very least, I would suspect that they have a clause for re-imbursement if they have to remove a digital title for whatever reason.

I do have a question for you though. What about streaming movies that someone has bought? Since they aren't downloaded, what the rule behind that?

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    This. Bezos has an army of lawyers that I'm sure have their butts covered... at the very least, I would suspect that they have a clause for re-imbursement if they have to remove a digital title for whatever reason.

I do have a question for you though. What about streaming movies that someone has bought? Since they aren't downloaded, what the rule behind that?
    You actually can download them via the app, but like Kindle books you need to use the app to watch them offline (due to DRM) I would assume it works the same way, as long as you have the file you can watch it but at some point you won't be able to redownload it. That's also how it is with downloaded video games

Of course with videos most people never download in the first place, so if it gets pulled then most people will lose access to it immediately

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Indianapolis
    What about these guys, just yesterday? They actually were seeking blood.

11 cops injured. Are these rioters insurrectionists?

But hey, that's ok because they belong to BLM and BLM are the downtrodden good guys

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a prediction for both of you. It won't be confined to the people who actually breached the capitol. In states with red flag laws, merely having attended a protest at the capitol on 6 Jan will be used as de facto evidence that that person should have his guns confiscated because of the obvious danger (s)he represents to the new world public order - and it will not be that long before I am proved right. Much like there used to be more demand for racism than the actual supply, in the new reality the demand for show trials of dangerous right wing insurrectionists will likely greatly exceed the supply of same
    If you were offering to bet on it, I would not take that bet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is that Allencountyese for "the Senate will save us"?
    It makes it easier to search and find predictions when they do prove to be false.

I think it means that he wants you to use the word “rutabaga” in every post.

DelectableDamagedLiger-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom