• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So after seeing a new post in the " Show me your guitars " thread ........
    There has to be a connecting story ? ........something similar to , If you are going to play that guitar , you will have to do it in your shed . ;)
    Not at all but I very rarely play my acoustics in the house unless no one else is home (which isn't often). I typically play my electric either unplugged or with a headphone amp. I decided to take advantage of the situation however and start playing acoustic more since I can make all the racket I want. Plus, I mean, it's an excuse to buy another guitar so why wouldn't a fella?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Not at all but I very rarely play my acoustics in the house unless no one else is home (which isn't often). I typically play my electric either unplugged or with a headphone amp. I decided to take advantage of the situation however and start playing acoustic more since I can make all the racket I want. Plus, I mean, it's an excuse to buy another guitar so why wouldn't a fella?
    I totally get it .......wasn`t implying anything negative (I always see, what could be , the funny side of situations )
    Side notes : Wish I had the patience to learn the guitar ........ and nice job on the shed !

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Melted the laces off my boots and pert near took the whole tent down with a diesel stove three decades ago in South Korea. It looked a lot like that when they woke the fire watch (me) up to see what was happening.
    Been there done that. In 1971 spent the night in a tent and the temp was 28 F below, probably not much warmer inside. That stove we had was glowing red all the way out the top of the tent. If you were facing the stove that side was warm but your back side was freezing. Jim.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The giggleberries weren't waiting around for spring. I was out there yesterday for a few hours and there ain't no way I could continue all week. Got up this morning, made a run to Home Depot and picked up some 1.5" foil faced and got it all installed this afternoon. It's not pretty by any means and I'm going to pick up some foil tape tomorrow to finish it up but it's definitely viable now with the propane heater. There's another 6' of shed on the other side of the far wall in the first pic but it's full of horse tack which isn't being used currently so I walled it off to reduce the cubic footage I'm trying to heat.
    HxbNc5fh.jpg

Fb4NIbJh.jpg
    You could start a side business and grow you some....huh, tomato plants in there.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    That work very good for insulation?
    Let me elaborate a bit here. The previous owner put up the foil sided thin bubble wrap. I had to pull that down and reapplied it with the above mentioned spray upholstery adhesive. I then added a layer of the 1" bubble wrap. On a typical day with lows of 5 or 10 degrees Fahrenheit I have to run a propane space heater about 20 minutes twice a day to keep it in the 40's ! Keep in mind that the garage is dry walled, ceiling included.

Top Bottom