• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For the record, I was a Cub Scout and a Weblo. Take that into account when you assess the tactical capabilities of the organization. Given that I was even less capable then than I am today ... clearly I was dragging them downward!

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry for the delayed response, between unstable net access, and a very crazy travel schedule, this was my first opportunity to get back here.

Brian,
    Since you were kind enough to answer me directly, I'll respond directly.

As I recall the previous post, your comment was that if a friend took a class and brought back something you liked and wanted to teach, you saw no reason to run off and take whatever school this came from. This was your justification for not having a long "gun school" resume. What you train internally, amongst your friends is completely different from the issue of using someone else's material for your classes. In the previous post you were justifying your obvious lack of gun experience by saying your friends took the classes and brought back the information. So which is it, are you using the information from another "student" or are we now to believe that you just use that information for your own personal training?

As far as your training group and what you train amongst yourself, you're still wrong. You do not get proper instruction from a student to make a judgment call on whether the information presented was of value or not. Hence the reason to go get it direct from the source.

Secondly, I never expected you to admit you were quoting someone else, so it comes as no surprise that you didn't. Then again, you profess to have this "new and innovative approach" to weapons training and in the same breath say it's impossible to state something without quoting someone else in the industry:

And as far as “verbatim”, how many things can be said without “quoting” someone else? How many times each day do you quote someone else’s words without knowing it?

So which is it, are you new and innovative no one else out there is like us, or are you just another trainer running the same stuff with your own twist on it?

Now, on to your latest diatribe. first, reality based training is a buzz word in the industry that gets way too much attention. In order to be of any value, we need to know what reality you are basing your training on. I'm not talking about what world you live on, I'm talking about what world you have lived in. Obviously, if you've spent your whole life as a civi, running out and teaching professional door kickers how to clear a house isn't going to go over real well, because you've never done it for real. That's where your background as an instructor is of significant value. It seems that everyone wanting to label their stuff as new and innovative seems to use the Reality word these days. When in truth, there were guys out there grinding out their technique with splatmasters and pellet guns years before the advent of sims guns. Incidentally, you do use some kind of sims or airsoft in your classes right, after all if the techniques won't hold up to real pressure from a thinking breathing role player who isn't intent on hurting you, you wouldn't expect them to work on the street.

As far as us being a gun centric crowd, recheck the resume brother. You'll see some of the top open hand, edge weapon, and integrated defensive experts in the nation on there. I have chosen to spend my dollars with the guys who have successfully survived dozens of violent encounters, and done research on thousands more. Generally, I trust that the information they are giving me works. Then again, we run it hard enough in those classes that we prove that for ourselves as well.

Last one, then I'm out of this thread. On the issue of us being a bunch of keyboard commandos. I find that one rather offensive coming from a guy sitting comfortably in Richmond Indiana while I'm living, working, and applying my training to survive in a third world country. You want real world training try applying some of your "new and innovative" stuff in an 8X10 room with 6 non combatants, and 2 pissed off bad guys. When it works there, it's probably something of value to me.

Yea, I know it was a little long, and I came down kind of heavy, but so be it, that's the way I see it. No need to respond, I won't be wasting my very minimal net time rechecking this thread. I'm done here until Fen comes back with his report.

Tinman....

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Old, I know, but...

So, did you take the free class? Can someone point me to the writeup if there was one?

Thanks,

Jackson

Fenway posted:
    For the record I have been in touch with Brian@ITC and as of this time will be attending a pistol class in July as his guest. I will come back to this forum with a detailed AAR - my thoughts on the class, and how it compares to others I have taken.

I don't have nearly the amount of training as some members on this board. But I bet I have more training than 90% of the registered members here. I promised Brian I would show up with an open mind and I will do just that. I will also be brutally honest in my report. I'm not spending my weekend, gas money to Richmond, and 500 rounds of ammo with the intention to write a horrible review. That being said just because I'm able to get some training in I'm not going up there to write a glowing review. I'm going to find out for myself and this board what this training is all about and I will report my findings here. I hope to learn some things!

Mike

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There is not a single person in Richmond, Indiana that can shoot and there never has been. That includes those jerks in the 1800's who came over to Centerville and stole the records from the courthouse so Richmond could be the county seat. It took two shots for them to shoot the court house door off the hinges with a cannon on the street. There is a hole in the bricks above the door of what is now the library to this day.

The good people of Centerville were at work when the records were stolen and did not bother to go get them back. But the lack of marksmanship is obvious to anyone who knows where to look.

:)

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    There is not a single person in Richmond, Indiana that can shoot and there never has been. That includes those jerks in the 1800's who came over to Centerville and stole the records from the courthouse so Richmond could be the county seat. It took two shots for them to shoot the court house door off the hinges with a cannon on the street. There is a hole in the bricks above the door of what is now the library to this day.

The good people of Centerville were at work when the records were stolen and did not bother to go get them back. But the lack of marksmanship is obvious to anyone who knows where to look.

:ar15::shoot::biggun:

That is funny...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yes. But it is true. At least from the Centerville perspective.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN

Oh, it's on now, but be advised WE have TANKS in front of our courthouse here in Richmond so just try and come take the records back!!:):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Keep the records. I cannot say being county seat has worked out for Richmond that great. Salisbury did not fare real well either. So I guess we will submit to the tanks. Of course Richmond used our own cannon against the courthouse the first time. We could use your tanks? :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Summer school has the hottest chicks. When they're actually hot.

As to my geographic deficiencies, it was my understanding that Richmond and the surrounding towns were in eastern Indiana, whereas I dwell in western Indiana.

Top Bottom