• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group SKS shoot? I know there are hundreds of SKS shooters on here.

Off the bat, this was SirRealism's idea, I just wanted to see if there would be much interest. There is no idea of when or where that's up to you all. A great deal of us live in or near Indy but we are so spread out maybe we'll go with where the majority of the interest lives? (North/South) Whenever is fine with me. Snow, sleet, rain, ice, wind, tornado, don't bother me a bit. I'd like to find somewhere 100yrd MINIMUM preferably, but again, it's all up to you all.

Lets hear it!

Being held Near Bloomington off US37 Saturday the 27th at 10am. If you show before 10 there may be no signs. Thanks to everyone for making this a reality! Merry Christmas! Hope you all have/had a great one!!

Directions:
    Google this! :D

8300 N State Road 37
    Bloomington, IN 47404

or go here third post down
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g...s_shoot-4.html

There will be signs stating INGO so as not to attract too much attention!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group SKS shoot? I know there are hundreds of SKS shooters on here.

Off the bat, this was SirRealism's idea, I just wanted to see if there would be much interest. There is no idea of when or where that's up to you all. A great deal of us live in or near Indy but we are so spread out maybe we'll go with where the majority of the interest lives? (North/South) Whenever is fine with me. Snow, sleet, rain, ice, wind, tornado, don't bother me a bit. I'd like to find somewhere 100yrd MINIMUM preferably, but again, it's all up to you all.

I guess I can start a poll after we set a date?

Lets hear it!

Word of advice: Don't set a poll. Just set a date and a location and make an open invitation. If you try to get everyone to agree on a date and place, it'll never happen. Look at the Mosin shoot I held last week as an example. It went off great and everyone had a good time. We even had a cookout and we did it on a week's notice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, whatever works. I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Should be on a weekend for sure and a cookout sounds better than going out to eat anyway! Thanks for the ideas!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have 40 acres in bloomington assuming the weather is ok. If there's much ice at all you'll need a 4 wheel drive, as its in the woods.

There's a 100-yard spot, but only really enough room for 1 shooter at a time unless we pack em up.

Anyway...just throwin it out there if something better doesn't come up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No that sounds great! I don't mind a hike either! LOL Either way I think private property would be great and even if it is only one shooter at a time we could still have a lot of fun with it.

I have a target stand I made I can bring but I only have one. It's a baby gate converted to a stand but as long as you can hit the cardboard it'll hold up. :):

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I have 40 acres in bloomington assuming the weather is ok. If there's much ice at all you'll need a 4 wheel drive, as its in the woods.

There's a 100-yard spot, but only really enough room for 1 shooter at a time unless we pack em up.

Anyway...just throwin it out there if something better doesn't come up.

That sounds great. I'm definitely up for it. I'll have to get busy cleaning cosmoline.

If we were to do it next weekend, I can come. I'm having knee surgery on 12/31 (great new year's eve, eh?), so after that I'll be out of commission for a few weeks. I won't be up for hiking through the woods on crutches. :fogey:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let me see what the women have planned. I'm sure it's nothing but I better check.

No plans written down. I better ask the ol lady first though! :):

"I live with Hell everyday, but sometimes she lets me go shooting!"

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    for the most part we did 1 shooter at a time at the mosin shoot. Its safer to just watch one person ad its a bit easier on the shoulder.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    If you guys want it sooner than later, next weekend is fine with me. Only time that won't work is Sunday afternoon, as a friend of mine is getting married :D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Don't base any decisions on my ability to make it. Do whatever is best for the group, and I'll make the next one. Like Scutter said, just set a date based on what you can do, and if I can't make this one because of my surgery, I'll make the next.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well let's set it for next Saturday. Will that work for the majority? If it's too soon we could push it to the 3rd or 4th of Jan, but I'd like to get this before the end of the year to get this on the unofficial list of INGO get togethers we had this year. Just a thought of course.

So far your property in Bloomtucky (:D) sounds the best so far. Got a place to make fire being it's out in the country? We could make a cook out of it too. Some one bring some potatos, someone bring some vegetables, I'll bring some Hamburger and we'll throw some foil packs together! I love foil pack dinners! LOL and again that's just a thought/suggestion. (Don't forget the bacon!!)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm in. I can bring paper plates, utensils and foil. I keep buying that crap for cookouts, then finding unopened boxes at home.

Do you care to edit the OP to show who's coming?

38special, how many people do you want traipsing across your land?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OP editeded. It's 38's land. The number is up to him. Keep in mind we may only be shooting one at a time.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    tyler34 said:
    are you by chance open to any other get togethers? if you don't mind me asking where about in b-town?

I'm always up for shooting in free time. I don't live in bloomington...I live in Indy, but the property is in north bloomington off 37. Right behind Parker Pools.

SavageEagle said:
    Got a place to make fire being it's out in the country?

Yup. We have a fire pit so that's not a problem!

SirRealism said:
    38special, how many people do you want traipsing across your land?

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, the 100yd "range" area isn't huge, as it's really a roadway/path in the middle of the woods (all private...not some public roadway!) so we won't have a lot of shooters at once, unless some folks want to shoot on a shorter range. There are a few spots where we could get a 25-50yd range set up as well while keeping it all safe.

Saturday Dec 27 is fine with me. What time we thinkin?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, the 100yd "range" area isn't huge, as it's really a roadway/path in the middle of the woods (all private...not some public roadway!) so we won't have a lot of shooters at once, unless some folks want to shoot on a shorter range. There are a few spots where we could get a 25-50yd range set up as well while keeping it all safe.

Saturday Dec 27 is fine with me. What time we thinkin?

I think the 50 and 100 going is good. I've already got 50 down good. I'll take my chances at 100. :D

I was thinking starting in the morning and going through late afternoon or so. Whatta yall think? I'm thinking around 9/10am-3/4pm to be fair to those who sleep in...:):

Nike, u and I can car pool since we live so dam close! That goes for anyone close to Indy. I have a van with some new tires and SHE DRIVES STRAIGHT NOW!!! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom