• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I shall attempt to make this one the same way i made the last one, in my ambulance. IF i still have a job. I am currently on suspension pending termination. I got handed a big pile o :poop: last week...
    OUCH! that sounds rough. I hope everything works out the way you want it to

Yikes that is a bummer. One consolation is the cigar nights are free so either way the evening is cheap entertainment.

1a6pmCigarNight.jpg

Picture6.png

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    No explosives at a gathering in Indiana? Surely you jest. As someone who moved here from another state, I still can't fathom the incredible fireworks laws (or, lack there of) here...awesome.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I will try to be there. Life happens.

If I come, I will bring a Cuban cigar I was given as a "thank you" for a job I did in another time.

They are legal to possess but illegal to import, with a very few exceptions.

I smoked for 10 years, and quit for good 4 years ago. Therefore, if I do make it to this event, I will be giving the Cuban away. Raffle perhaps?

If I cannot make it, I will do the same at the next event that I am able to attend.

Josh

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Josh, it would be a bit of a drive for you to make it but it sure would be nice to put a face to a name. A shorter drive, where many of the same people will be attending, would be to the N.W. INGO Members WINAMAC GROUP SHOOT on Saturday August 7.

I'm even bringing the cigar rep who sponsors these INGO Cigar Nights to that event as a guest.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    From which state are you a refugee?

And did they have "Open Carry Cigar Nights" in your former prison state?

I was born and raised in Virginia--not exactly conservative with the open carry--totally legal, even in a bar/ restaurant as long as you aren't drinking. If it happened to be evening while you were enjoying a cigar and had a piece on your hip, well, there you go, but I had never been to an organized event like yours.

As to your gatherings, I love the whole damn idea of it: humidors are grand places to begin with, and the idea to combine it with carrying pistols and the camaraderie that seems to arise while we are all talking is palpable. I am carrying a gun not just for my own rights, but to protect the rights of others, and I when I see the pistols on display, I realize that others feel the same. Perhaps I am reading a bit deeply into a good time, but I can't help believing that there is a tremendous amount of patriotic kinsmanship among those who recognize what it takes to remain Americans, especially during times such as now when our greatest threats come from other Americans.

So that's it, besides just enjoying the atmosphere, the good will, and the haze, events such as this remind me that I am not alone in my thinking and that is something greater than my personal belief system. I don't know if that was your intention, but that is how I feel.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    As to your gatherings, I love the whole damn idea of it: humidors are grand places to begin with, and the idea to combine it with carrying pistols and the camaraderie that seems to arise while we are all talking is palpable. I am carrying a gun . . . events such as this remind me that I am not alone in my thinking and that is something greater than my personal belief system. I don't know if that was your intention, but that is how I feel.
    Well I think you may have hit the nail on the head with some of this.

Today there were 4 of us from INGO in the Pine Island lounge. Showed up around noon, left a few minutes ago (just before 4pm). Just sitting and talking. Got some polish sausage & fries from the hot dog stand down the road and kept on talking. A cigar or two later and we realized it was almost 4 pm.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I used to love to go into the gunshop that had a wood stove, glass counters and stools for the old timers to sit and chat. Those shops are now few and far between, but the cigar lounges seem to have replaced them in some ways.

So while the old gun shop may be a fading memory, the conversation and friendly atmosphere lives on in a different location.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but I used to love to go into the gunshop that had a wood stove, glass counters and stools for the old timers to sit and chat. Those shops are now few and far between,

I think you need to open a gun shop.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Your place(s) are as good as Shema's used to be, only cheaper as there isn't toys to spend my paycheck on and my wife loves that. Still great gun talk to share and the chance to go shooting with most of the same people at Winamac. Life is good with friends.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I can't make it to the shoot in Winimac since I'll be in Indy for Corporate training, but I should be in NWI for the cigar night! Gonna try to make it over. Maybe make a trip to Zel's as well while I'm in the area!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I think you need to open a gun shop.
    I'M RETIRED. I have no desire to work again!!!

Your place(s) are as good as Shema's used to be. . .
    I consider that a high compliment! Thank you!

. . . I should be in NWI for the cigar night! Gonna try to make it over. Maybe make a trip to Zel's as well while I'm in the area!!!
    Well you'll have to bring enough Zel's for everyone :rockwoot: I like mine "dipped" or "extra juicy" where they dunk the bun! Peppers & pickles please.

Perhaps I'm overly sentimental...maybe you could sprinkle a little Hoppe's #9 on the floor for effect...
    Uh, wouldn't that stain the carpet?

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Today there were 4 of us from INGO in the Pine Island lounge. Showed up around noon, left a few minutes ago (just before 4pm). Just sitting and talking. Got some polish sausage & fries from the hot dog stand down the road and kept on talking. A cigar or two later and we realized it was almost 4 pm

And it was a good time, maybe we should make it a biweekly ritual!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom