• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I was hoping some of our much beloved INGO professionals would provide some detailed commentary. They have often been extremely helpful on other legal issues. :ingo:

With the lack of details about the Carry Guard in action, I'd have a difficult time to try an apples to apples comparison. IMO, if the "insurance" isn't willing to cover ANY WEAPON USED in defense of life / grave bodily harm, then I'd tell them to pound sand.
    This is why I seriously looked at CCW Safe and USCCA, then decided on USCCA for my wife and myself.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    With the lack of details about the Carry Guard in action, I'd have a difficult time to try an apples to apples comparison. IMO, if the "insurance" isn't willing to cover ANY WEAPON USED in defense of life / grave bodily harm, then I'd tell them to pound sand.
    This is why I seriously looked at CCW Safe and USCCA, then decided on USCCA for my wife and myself.

Just make sure you shoot them after cutting them, problem solved.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Were there any other wine clubs, travel or auto rental companies beside NRA sponsored ones?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reviving an old thread.

I was wondering how long before state legislatures begin considering laws that require carry insurance.

Since almost every 2A advocacy group now sells insurance will they also sell us down the river.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Reviving an old thread.

I was wondering how long before state legislatures begin considering laws that require carry insurance.

Since almost every 2A advocacy group now sells insurance will they also sell us down the river.

I feel like the NRA has already considered this exact thing.

Been told that Second Call was being made offers by the NRA to buy them out, but they said no. Not long after, Second Call was told by Lockton that they would need to find a different underwriter...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel like the NRA has already considered this exact thing.

Been told that Second Call was being made offers by the NRA to buy them out, but they said no. Not long after, Second Call was told by Lockton that they would need to find a different underwriter...

And dont forget that USCCA was unceremoniously booted from the NRAAM this year after many years of being a vendor. Coincidentally NRA comes out with a competing product.

If your product is so sound, NRA, why the need to suppress your competition? (from what I've seen its not, with payouts only guaranteed if you are acquitted, etc)

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've actually had a long phone call with Joe at the NRA HQ. He described it just like anyone who would shop around for home and auto insurance... We also discussed the training and how it is being promoted, expressing my frustration as an instructor and feeling that the PR is slapping the over 120k instructors in the face. He tried playing off the PR aspect and asked me how I could criticize a training program that hasn't held their first course, so for the actual course materials, I'm holding my tongue (but not my breath)...

If you are wanting to contact the NRA Board with comments or concerns, please follow this link for more information.

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    When I started looking at the differences (a little over a year ago) I found that 2nd Call (similar to what I'm seeing from Carry Guard) only covers use of firearms, but CCW Safe and USCCA both cover use of any tool in defense of life... After talking to a USCCA rep at the 2016 NRAAM in L'ville, I decided to go with them for both my wife and myself. Payment is due within the next few days and I'll check to see if the "Buy One, Get 50% Off 2nd" is still in effect.

Yep, spouse is still 50% off.
    After all the hoopla at the NRA Convention regarding Carry Guard and the disinvitation of USCCA, I did my homework. USCCA won by leaps and bounds.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have 2nd Call but they will be dropping me shortly as I just cancelled the card I put it on. :) They will want their money soon I suspect. Lol. Guess its time to see if I want to continue with them or USCCA. I think Carry Guard makes a cool logo...but not much interested in it.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have liability/self defense insurance through NRA/Lockton Risk that predates Carry Guard by years. I am curious if NRA will discontinue my policy in an attempt to force me into Carry Guard.

I'm thinking of joining Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

My ACLDN membership has lapsed, but you get some worthwhile legal training DVDS mainly featuring Marry Hayes and Mas Ayoob. I also got a copy of whatever Ayoob's latest book was at the time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My ACLDN membership has lapsed, but you get some worthwhile legal training DVDS mainly featuring Marry Hayes and Mas Ayoob. I also got a copy of whatever Ayoob's latest book was at the time.

Did you replace it with something else?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I did not. No particular reason. Just didn't renew in year two. Probably should. It is not insurance. So I had considered also getting USCCA as well.

I have heard from multiple people that combining the two is an excellent way to go. I haven't done so (at least not yet), but they were using USCCA to pay back ACLDN.

Top Bottom