• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Last Friday, a week ago, I was in Los Angeles competing in the World Police and Fire Games. I competed in submission grappling 40-50yrs old 200-299.9lbs. This is what I train 4-5 days a week doing. Beat a Russian Police officer my first match then a policer officer from Spain. Submitted both with chokes and took gold. The Russian bruised my rib for my trouble but it was worth it.
    Nice work Denny!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Last Friday, a week ago, I was in Los Angeles competing in the World Police and Fire Games. I competed in submission grappling 40-50yrs old 200-299.9lbs. This is what I train 4-5 days a week doing. Beat a Russian Police officer my first match then a policer officer from Spain. Submitted both with chokes and took gold. The Russian bruised my rib for my trouble but it was worth it.

pbyVqnS.jpg

Way cool! :patriot:
    I didn't even know such event existed.

You need to wear that gold medal on your uniform as a deterrence factor. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Any tips on how to heal an injured knee? I hurt mine somehow last week, and it hurts when I kneel down. It's put a damper in my workout program....

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Any tips on how to heal an injured knee? I hurt mine somehow last week, and it hurts when I kneel down. It's put a damper in my workout program....
    Do you have any idea what happened? History of knee injuries? I've fought knee issues on and off for almost 12 years, lots of options for prehab type stuff to help.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Do you have any idea what happened? History of knee injuries? I've fought knee issues on and off for almost 12 years, lots of options for prehab type stuff to help.

No idea what happened. No history of knee problems, but for as long as I can remember my knees have popped whenever I kneel down.

I bought a knee brace off from Amazon. Been wearing it for the last couple days when I work out. It helps a little bit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No idea what happened. No history of knee problems, but for as long as I can remember my knees have popped whenever I kneel down.

I bought a knee brace off from Amazon. Been wearing it for the last couple days when I work out. It helps a little bit.

NSAIDs, rest. Ice. If it hurts, don't do it :D

today was a struggle. I did:

400m run
    50 air squats
    7 pull ups
    10 hang power clean 95
    3 rounds

and Denny: that is freaking awesome! That feat should be in its own thread. Did you beat the guys on podium next to you?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Figured Doc would be along to help. So, I found out that I may or may not have a broken rib. The damage and pain are located where the cartilage part of the rib is. It has been almost 2 weeks now and still feels like a really tight knot in my lower chest.

I was told 4 weeks, was hoping for 1, now on week 2 hoping for 3!:)

I really hate not being able to go to CF.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    NSAIDs, rest. Ice. If it hurts, don't do it :D

today was a struggle. I did:

400m run
    50 air squats
    7 pull ups
    10 hang power clean 95
    3 rounds

and Denny: that is freaking awesome! That feat should be in its own thread. Did you beat the guys on podium next to you?

I started taking Tylenol :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Supplements, what's everyone taking? Any opinion on Testosterone boosters?

I take extra protein because I'm not getting enough through my regular meals.
    I also add Glutamine to the protein smoothies.
    I take magnesium
    I take fish oil
    I take a multi-vitamin(sort of)
    I take vitamin D
    I just started taking creatine
    I take Vitamin C
    I take milk thistle(my wife insists as she thinks it helps with my yellow tinge I have on my cheeks). I don't see it making a difference and blood work does not indicate any liver issues and the doc says to see a dermatologist if I don't like the hue.

I have based my intake of supplements on blood work done and my eating and exercise habits. Some will say it's a waste of money. So be it if that is accurate. I'll live with the placebo effect.:)

I spent considerable time and experimentation to come up with my current plan and I really think it helps me overall with energy, stamina, strength and stress. I don't and won't just supplement for the sake of it. I have purpose for each one I take.

And I buy as pure as possible. Look at the protein powders out there. The top brands all have extra non-essential additives. I buy protein powder period. Non-denatured whey isolate. Nothing else in the can. No sugars, salts, gums, etc.

No opinion on testosterone boosters. I have heard that they don't really work, but I don't base my decisions only on internet fodder. My testosterone level wasn't real high but it wasn't out of normal range. I figure I will increase it with the exercise I'm doing.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Only coffee.

5 Ways Coffee Intensifies Your Workouts | Men's Fitness

In my opinion if you get enough proteins and vitamins thru your regular diet you don't need any supplements.

Oh, and I also drink coffee. The best legal drug there is if taken properly.:)

I agree with Sylvain if your diet is good. Mine is pretty good, but I am short on the items I supplement with. Which is why they are "supplements" and not replacements.

If I ate more fish, drank more dairy, got out in the sun more and ate more meat I wouldn't need the extra help.

Make notes of what you eat for a awhile. If you are eating well enough to get ample amount of the nutrients you need, save the money. But if not...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oh, and I also drink coffee. The best legal drug there is if taken properly.:)

I agree with Sylvain if your diet is good. Mine is pretty good, but I am short on the items I supplement with. Which is why they are "supplements" and not replacements.

If I ate more fish, drank more dairy, got out in the sun more and ate more meat I wouldn't need the extra help.

Make notes of what you eat for a awhile. If you are eating well enough to get ample amount of the nutrients you need, save the money. But if not...

I do all that. :yesway:

The marketing from those supplement companies will make you believe that you can't lose weight, or gain muscle, without taking their pruducts.
    But they are not magic.
    1 gram of protein from a fancy protein powder will have the same result as 1 gram of protein from natural sources (egg, chicken, milk etc).

And I don't like the idea of "taking" supplements.
    You take drugs.You eat food.

You don't take caffeine, you drink coffee.

Top Bottom