Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    today I scaled all three parts of the WOD :(

12 toes to bar
    9 burpess box jump overs
    6 bar muscle ups

I did hanging knee to elbow attemps, burpee box step overs, and jumping chest to bars. But I made it five days in a row :rockwoot:

I have yet to try doing muscle ups.I can't with my current setup.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    i gained weight and lost strength when I took 10 weeks off. Need to get it back. I barely can do one strict pull up now

After doing CF for a little more than a year, yesterday's workout was the first that I did all the pull-ups without any band assistance. 5 sets of 5 strict pull-ups. A little over a year ago, I could do 1!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are a better man than I am. I might be convinced to try but don't have a weigh to add the weight at the moment and don't feel like buying a vest.

I use jugs of water and barbells in my bag.And a cheap backpack I had laying around.

The weighted vests I've seen where only up to 10kg (22 pounds) and quite expensive for what they are.Over $200. :nuts:

https://www.roguefitness.com/uncommon-breed-weighted-vest

They look just like riffle plates but can't be used as body armor.You can probably get real AR500 body armor for the same price.:rolleyes:

They look just like a real ballistic plate carrier so you will look badass at the gym.
    It's just as ridiculous as the $3,000 tire flipping machine they make where you could just get a real used tire for free or really cheap.

condor-plate-carrier-web3_1.jpg

I have a bit over 36 pounds in the backpack right now.
    I can barely do 12 chin-ups with it on. :faint:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday: martial arts in AM (sword drills on the tire man and logs outside, tripodial and then forms practice inside), yoga in the PM (Purdue grad student taught so it was like piyo, which is cool, whatever we do I need it)

Sunday: martial arts in the AM (punches, mook and swords), biked the hill in the PM

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just a little run today, a little over a mile. I know that's not much, but it's a long way for this ole fatty.

Saturday was a mix of weights, dumbbell squats with thrusters x2 @ each squat, 5x10 burpees, & fireman's carry with calf raises & shrugs. Then 50lb bag of rock carries from Menards to truck to back yard to landscaping.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    27 mile bike ride with friends Sunday morning, then I tore my leg up and sprained my wrist sliding into third while playing softball in the afternoon. Ugh.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just a little run today, a little over a mile. I know that's not much, but it's a long way for this ole fatty.

Saturday was a mix of weights, dumbbell squats with thrusters x2 @ each squat, 5x10 burpees, & fireman's carry with calf raises & shrugs. Then 50lb bag of rock carries from Menards to truck to back yard to landscaping.

Keep it up!

I have missed several days now and am feeling guilty. I have cut caffeine down to one per day and have been putting in a decent amount of miles per week. My BP has been the lowest it's been for 10+ years.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did some work at home today.

10 barbell thrusters 75#
    20 lateral box step up and overs 20"
    30 thusters
    20 double unders then 80 singles (too tired to finish 50
    doubles)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Bruised a rib or maybe fractured it. Hey doc, do I really need to lay off working out for 4 weeks?

i certainly wouldn't do anything that hurts. If a broken rib can pop yer lung. Maybe take a few days and use an NSAID and then see how you feel. If it hurts sharply just to breathe deeply or sit up from a chair probably need to stop for a bit

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    i certainly wouldn't do anything that hurts. If a broken rib can pop yer lung. Maybe take a few days and use an NSAID and then see how you feel. If it hurts sharply just to breathe deeply or sit up from a chair probably need to stop for a bit

Yeah, that's what my doc said.:) It hurts when I breathe deeply and when I get up. Bummer. I hate when this happens. I was just starting to feel like I was making gains with this CrossFit stuff!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've lost ~9 lbs in 8 weeks. Don't think I'm going to hit my goal of 20 lbs in 10 weeks.

I don't crossfit. I am not in a cult. :):

I did cut out alcohol for this 10 weeks though, my cousins are going to peer pressure me in to drinking this weekend at the wedding, though. I'm almost certain I'll give in.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wednesday: martial arts in the PM. Got to work with the newer guys. It was fun and I get my sweat on. It's like I am in exile when I have to work out on the tripodal or the sword drills outside.

Thursday:

AM: martial arts training, only the doc and I showed, they did chi sao and forms, but I was on punches & the mook (whatever it is, I need it)

PM: Circuit, 12 times around, 1 minute each, 48 minutes total--heavy rope, squat jumps, jump up (we use oil change ramps), and then goat dance (it's really the 7th set set of the mook done really fast but we kick each other, it looks like the goat dance from Drag Net).

tom-hanks-and-dan-akroyd-dancing.jpg

Friday: stretching. I'll hit the mook, shift drills, swords, maybe some punches.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Last Friday, a week ago, I was in Los Angeles competing in the World Police and Fire Games. I competed in submission grappling 40-50yrs old 200-299.9lbs. This is what I train 4-5 days a week doing. Beat a Russian Police officer my first match then a policer officer from Spain. Submitted both with chokes and took gold. The Russian bruised my rib for my trouble but it was worth it.

pbyVqnS.jpg

Top Bottom