INGO Facelift - Please be prepared for change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Same here as chezuki. No ad blocker on Safari on my ipad but I still get the angry message for awhile, then I get an ad.

Same here.

Safari on a Mac at the shop.

No ad blocker..... still getting the whine then an ad.

ALSO: Firefox on a PC (using at home currently) No blocker, same crap.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Same here as chezuki. No ad blocker on Safari on my ipad but I still get the angry message for awhile, then I get an ad.

same as the above... both on my iPhone, and my home PC/laptop IE-10. The message pop's up for a few sec's, then the ad displays.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That ad has always slowed down page loads, even before the redesigns. It's just more noticeable with the ingo hosted background image that loads quickly.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Why is it that some posts on the page are "huge"(as per my settings) and others are small? On this page, the posts with small sized fonts are: expat, atvdave, LS&B, Perry and redthunder. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: my post in this thread appears small to me as well.
    Edit 2: after saving my first edit, my post appears to be "huge".

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Would you mind turning off your adblock for INGO you can support or local and national advertisers?

ADBLOCK was off and you still see that message saying youre blocking ADS. It's not just me

1rwgEEA.png

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Just checking in --- dumped some soda on a laptop. It drank too much, became diabetic, and died because I wasn't gonna spend money on insulin. These things happen....

Have you guys ever looked at the Xenforo software? It's made by some of the former lead devs of the one you guys use. It's a lot cheaper in the long run.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had comments to make, but after reading the latest in the thread and checking out the other thread for issues, it seems everything I have to say is already on the list to be addressed.

Thanks to the INGO team for their hard work getting the site updated and then working with us to resolve our gripes!

ETA - Tab+Enter worked for me in Safari 6.0.5 on OS X 10.8.4. No adblocker enabled, momentarily see the INGO Scold prior to an ad loading.

ETA2 - Looks like the Tab+Enter works for NEW posts but not for replies. Perhaps that was said before, and I just misunderstood it. But anyway, that seems to make a difference for me.

Last edited:

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I had comments to make, but after reading the latest in the thread and checking out the other thread for issues, it seems everything I have to say is already on the list to be addressed.

Thanks to the INGO team for their hard work getting the site updated and then working with us to resolve our gripes!

ETA - Tab+Enter worked for me in Safari 6.0.5 on OS X 10.8.4. No adblocker enabled, momentarily see the INGO Scold prior to an ad loading.

ETA2 - Looks like the Tab+Enter works for NEW posts but not for replies. Perhaps that was said before, and I just misunderstood it. But anyway, that seems to make a difference for me.

It works in all the reply functions for me now. *shrugs* :dunno:

Thats because your both using the Standard Editor & not the Enhanced Editor, which is what you just changed it to a few days ago JG.

Its most likely broke in the Enhanced Editor, because Vbulletin fails to update the 4.x.x series with my fix for the Ckeditor, IB is more worried about selling that POS vb 5 than addressing its remaining customers issues who wont buy into their over priced **** 5 series that dont work on their own website.....

It took them over a year to address the vb 3 series php 5.4 issues.

Ill prolly update the ckeditor next week after the initial work is done on the style, which should fix the Tab+enter issue.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thats because your both using the Standard Editor & not the Enhanced Editor, which is what you just changed it to a few days ago JG.

Its most likely broke in the Enhanced Editor, because Vbulletin fails to update the 4.x.x series with my fix for the Ckeditor, IB is more worried about selling that POS vb 5 than addressing its remaining customers issues who wont buy into their over priced **** 5 series that dont work on their own website.....

It took them over a year to address the vb 3 series php 5.4 issues.

Ill prolly update the ckeditor next week after the initial work is done on the style, which should fix the Tab+enter issue.
    Thanks for the info, AG.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I am NOT blocking ads and this still comes up on Safari:

[IM]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1097/4465358/21970858/407252884.jpg[/IMG]

Also, I frequently support our advertisers by paying for their products and services, not by clicking their ads.
    Most of the ads are Flash based. IOS doesn't support Flash. What you see initially is the startup jpeg image then when it goes into the full flash file IOS stops loading it. Vbulletin then thinks you are blocking it and gives you the angry message. FYI the ads don't support the advertisers as much as everyone wants to think. They are a Google ad based image that pays the host, INGO, not the target. I have Google ads on multiple websites and it can be very profitable. I also support the locals with my cash, not my clicks.
    Dan

Top Bottom