• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Seriously, the water that came out of that thing was not fit for a dog. I have proof as a dog owner was going to fill a bowl for his dog and after seeing it changed his mind.

Hop tried some and commented on how horrible it was.
    Annette bought a lifestraw earlier in the day. I'm thinking maybe we sell filtered drinks for 5$ a sip! :D

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    My son and I were there today about 3pm, and I was really surprised at how few people were there. I saw some OK deals, but unfortunately didn't have any spare money to try to wheel and deal. I didn't see any deals on ammo. Boxes of CCI .22LR for $12??? No thanks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was good to see you again Robbie. And a pleasure to meet your lovely bride.

My son and I were there today about 3pm, and I was really surprised at how few people were there. I saw some OK deals, but unfortunately didn't have any spare money to try to wheel and deal. I didn't see any deals on ammo.
    Boxes of CCI .22LR for $12??? No thanks.

I hear ya. The only deals I saw were INGO advertisers like Bobcat. Everyone else's powder prices were 2 or more bucks per pound more. Projectiles were high too. Except for a few deals, most prices were retail to high. Nothing to write home about. (But it was fun to wander for a while. Something I havent done in at least 10 years now)

Except for two things: Vendor in the back right corner with a big old 4'x5' sign that simply read CLIPS. As I walked around his displays I saw 3x5 cards above each area that read Glock clips, S&W clips, Ruger clips, Colt clips, etc. I dont know what he was talking about. It took me forever to finally find his box of clips. Everything else was just magazines. :facepalm:
    Vendor up front on the right, Ruger 10/22 with folding wire stock. Damned thing looked like it had been stored under somebody's bed for 30 years. Tons of surface rust everywhere. And it was priced for the bargain basement deal of $235. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was good to see you again Robbie. And a pleasure to meet your lovely bride.

I hear ya. The only deals I saw were INGO advertisers like Bobcat. Everyone else's powder prices were 2 or more bucks per pound more. Projectiles were high too. Except for a few deals, most prices were retail to high. Nothing to write home about. (But it was fun to wander for a while. Something I havent done in at least 10 years now)

Except for two things: Vendor in the back right corner with a big old 4'x5' sign that simply read CLIPS. As I walked around his displays I saw 3x5 cards above each area that read Glock clips, S&W clips, Ruger clips, Colt clips, etc. I dont know what he was talking about. It took me forever to finally find his box of clips. Everything else was just magazines. :facepalm:
    Vendor up front on the right, Ruger 10/22 with folding wire stock. Damned thing looked like it had been stored under somebody's bed for 30 years. Tons of surface rust everywhere. And it was priced for the bargain basement deal of $235. :rolleyes:

I saw the "Clips" booth. I mentioned it when I was back there. Told them I was looking for Magazines and asked if they had any.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Except for two things: Vendor in the back right corner with a big old 4'x5' sign that simply read CLIPS. As I walked around his displays I saw 3x5 cards above each area that read Glock clips, S&W clips, Ruger clips, Colt clips, etc. I dont know what he was talking about.

The "CLIPS" guy has been at every 1500 I've been to in the last 15 years. The only thing I can think of is that when he was having his sign made, they charged per letter, and he couldn't afford "MAGAZINES"

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    The most expensive thing I bought was a hat from the INGO booth.

CameraMonkey and I did find another booth that did have a bunch of different clips though, just not the one labeled "CLIPS".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you think about it for a bit the general public calls them clips, the media calls them clips, they are known as "Clips" to most everyone.

...and it's up to us in the know to educate. :)

Most gun folks lean toward the type A personality. God love us, we all speak with a sort of authority. An otherwise smart conversation about guns that leads into the clips wording is always an indicator of whether that half of the conversation is on the mark or add lib. :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ...and it's up to us in the know to educate. :)

Most gun folks lean toward the type A personality. God love us, we all speak with a sort of authority. An otherwise smart conversation about guns that leads into the clips wording is always an indicator of whether that half of the conversation is on the mark or add lib. :twocents:

Trust me that I do all I can to educate.
    I just could not let that go yesterday. Had to say something.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by the INGO booth to keep us company!
    Boy was it sloooow!

I managed to buy way too much stuff anyways. Primers, toolhead, new knife for the wife (So I could take back the knife she tole from me :) ), soft case for the SBR, some gun safe rifle & pistol storage rods, Jerky, etc

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by the INGO booth to keep us company!
    Boy was it sloooow!

I managed to buy way too much stuff anyways. Primers, toolhead, new knife for the wife (So I could take back the knife she tole from me :) ), soft case for the SBR, some gun safe rifle & pistol storage rods, Jerky, etc

So is INGO back in August? I know we need to cover the cost of admission, but me and CM have got the "assemble the booth" thing down pat!! We don't even use the PVC pipe for unauthorized purposes.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So is INGO back in August? I know we need to cover the cost of admission, but me and CM have got the "assemble the booth" thing down pat!! We don't even use the PVC pipe for unauthorized purposes.

At this time we plan to skip the slower show in August, and instead have reserved a table in the South pavilion for November.
    We will have some new gear at that time also.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Can you guys not use pvc cement next time you put it together?
    lol. j/k. Wife had a bit of a time helping to separate the fittings. I may need to do some light sanding

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Can you guys not use pvc cement next time you put it together?
    lol. j/k. Wife had a bit of a time helping to separate the fittings. I may need to do some light sanding

I have been using PVC tubing going on 10 years now to display our banner at the shows. Trust me when I say it's better to have a tight fit and be a pain to take apart than have any slop at all....don't ask me how I came to know this. :)

Also, It was good seeing CM, Kelly, Robby, and meeting his better half Annette. It's always good shooting the bull with you guys. :yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom