Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    PKfirearms also has them on and off. Check daily. The CMMG's are $70 and only 1 per customer when they have them.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    PKfirearms also has them on and off. Check daily. The CMMG's are $70 and only 1 per customer when they have them.

I've got CMMG's for the build, and they are particularly nice because all the small parts are separated into color-coded bags, making it organized and probably harder to lose pieces. It's a nice touch. I paid 60 bucks for each, before the craze, so $70 isn't bad, especially now.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    For anyone who REALLY wants a lower to build with, CDNN has them for now....

The only issue is price:

8374355000_2ec7cbb949.jpg

No joke, just arrived in my email.

Oh, man.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Sorry Gents, but I have to back out on this one. I still need quite a few parts anyways. Nick, I can bring my AR wrench in and let you borrow it for anyone who might need one. Shoot me a text.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have a PSA MOE LBK and Spike's upper, just waiting for a reasonably priced lower (guess I need a rear sight too..). Really would like experienced people around when I do my first build, but won't pay a premium for a lower. So, we'll see though it's not looking too good right now.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This might be fun to watch. Though I must admit I am an M14 diehard.

We should have an M14 build party. Man you haven't lived until you have had to time a barrel while using an action wrench. You M16 guys have it EASY.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I want a Khyber pass party where we do builds from rusty truck springs using our feet for vices and hand tools to turn out some gems and a few "blems".

You've never had fun like rifling a barrel with a horse and a metal rod by the red ember light of heat treating receivers.

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I've got all my lower stuff, just can't find a complete upper w/BCG and CH
    looking for one w/20+" barrel

I've got one in the shopping cart w/Rguns but am afraid to click the final order button....they say it's in stock but have other warnings on the site that have me nervous....what do you guys recommend?
    t

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Shooter, any chance you might have stock kits? or buffer tube, buffer, nut & spring?
    Haven't followed the thread recently, I know in the beginning you mentioned possibly bringing parts for purchase. With all the recent hub-bub, not sure if thats still viable.

short story long, I have my lower & lpk. just need a stock.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

I've got one in the shopping cart w/Rguns but am afraid to click the final order button....they say it's in stock but have other warnings on the site that have me nervous....what do you guys recommend?
    t

I ordered a BCG with them last week. So far nothing. No processing of funds, no eta, nothing.

It's ok and I can be patient ( :nailbite: ) but I would not click if you think something is going to happen on any kind of time table.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Shooter, any chance you might have stock kits? or buffer tube, buffer, nut & spring?
    Haven't followed the thread recently, I know in the beginning you mentioned possibly bringing parts for purchase. With all the recent hub-bub, not sure if thats still viable.

short story long, I have my lower & lpk. just need a stock.

I may have some spare parts with me and I am sure others might as well. Best plan would be to come with what you have and spare cash in case you can find something that you want.

If you have no cash, bring ammo or 30 round mags. They are apparently worth more than cash, gold, or oxygen itself.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

t

I think I got my charging handles from Carbon 15. I'll check on that, but they were in stock, quick, and reasonable. They also have a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

I would watch Palmettostatearmory.com closely for the upper and place a back order for the bcg from Redxarms.com. I ordered a bcg from them and it took 1 month. The best part is that they are still $99 shipped. That's easily the best deal you'll find right now. It is chrome lined and the staking looks as good as my Spikes.

You won't get any these by the time of the build party, but you won't get ripped, either.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I think I got my charging handles from Carbon 15. I'll check on that, but they were in stock, quick, and reasonable. They also have a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

I would watch Palmettostatearmory.com closely for the upper and place a back order for the bcg from Redxarms.com. I ordered a bcg from them and it took 1 month. The best part is that they are still $99 shipped. That's easily the best deal you'll find right now. It is chrome lined and the staking looks as good as my Spikes.

You won't get any these by the time of the build party, but you won't get ripped, either.

I read some sketchy stuff about Red X Arms. I almost bought an upper there until I read some bad reviews and then found out their BBB rating is a big fat F.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Well I will swing by... Have cash if anyone has spare parts to assemble a stock tube on my stripped lower. (I'm trying to avoid having to buy a tactical wrench in this current market). Worse case scenario I guess i can get the PSA kit and have a spare LPK when it's all said and done

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I read some sketchy stuff about Red X Arms. I almost bought an upper there until I read some bad reviews and then found out their BBB rating is a big fat F.

I only know my own experience, and so far, so good. Twice emailed them with questions and they very promptly replied with exactly the info I needed.

I'd love to see some links to the reviews so that I know what to watch for, if it involves the bcg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom