Not open for further replies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hmm... sounds like so many are coming that I'll just leave my builds at home & just bring my tools and a couple ARs for show and tell.

Does anyone have a MOACKS gas key staking jig? I do have one RRA bolt that needs done.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I plan on bringing all my tools and whatnot for both AR15 and AR10 upper builds.

Also, I can bring any targets for guys that might need/want any. Just let me know ahead of time.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm bringing a hockey puck. A friend that has built ARs said it is a great way to tap pins in without marring the finish on the lower. Sounds like a great idea!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'm bringing a hockey puck. A friend that has built ARs said it is a great way to tap pins in without marring the finish on the lower. Sounds like a great idea!
    A hockey puck is one of the tricks of the trade you rarely hear about. You'll love how well it works.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I would love to build a AR15 but no skills at all and not sure if its a good time for parts if any are available, any tips from the experts. I would like to spend maybe 500 if possible

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I would love to build a AR15 but no skills at all and not sure if its a good time for parts if any are available, any tips from the experts. I would like to spend maybe 500 if possible
    6 months ago that was very doable. Today it's about $900-$1k if you can even find the parts. You might be able to do it for $750 if you have some friends willing to sell some parts.

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I'm going to have to back out of attending this AR build party, I was looking forward to it. :( Just too much happening at home right now with the whole family back together for the year.

Maybe the next one. :patriot:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I found a kit its in cheaper then dirt catalog i got oracle 5.56 complete rifle build kit its by dpms panther arms #ARR-552 $599.97 it says everything you need to turn your stripped lower receiver into a rifle, doesnt include a lower kit has a 16" barrel, lower parts kit, handguards, delta pack, stock kit w/buffer, bolt carrier, gas tube, flash hider, charging handle, and gas block. Is this a good kit to buy id like to build a AR 15

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    It sounds like a good starter kit. CTD states the product is no longer available though.

What's the format for Sunday? Will there be one instructor in the front taking everyone through the steps or will it be more of a one on one setup with multiple instructors? I've finished all my build projects except one where I'm waiting on a new barrel. I'm planning on coming if I get off work and bringing my tools to help anyone who needs it.

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Will there be room for 1 more? I'll be bringing my 9mm AR if anyone would like to see one and or some of the extra parts necessary to build one..

Also I'll bring some spare parts/ punches and hammer.

What's this idea of shooting some steel?? I'm in, I need to put some shots through the née Triji I bought..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom