• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It certainly did not happen in the year I thought it would.

I won't ask you to do the dance...

good-omens-apology-dance.gif

Crystal balls are cloudy, but I'm thinking another 2-3 years before supply chain mess and manufacturer milking of same loosens up demand on the high demand vehicles. I think you'll be closer to right on mid-range offerings and older used, given the higher income brackets will continue to do better and the lower continue to do worse, comparatively.

The Ranger Raptor doesn't really exist, a truck I was pretty excited about when it was announced but decided not to wait for. Broncos aren't much better. Jeeps are a little softer, at least on 2023s with the refresh in 2024 and the Gladiator specifically has kind of bottomed out in demand. My wife still wants a Bronco or Wrangler eventually, but we're thinking maybe 2027 time frame. I still don't expect them to be cheaper, mind you, just that will make her current car about 12 years old and we'll pay cash again.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We do our grocery shopping between Aldi and Walmart. For Walmart, I'm in there around 10:00 AM. Typically in and out about 30 minutes flat. There was a time a few years ago that you would not catch me in their. Except maybe to buy some jeans. Although in the last year they have upped their game big time. Their prices are decent, and product is good. We have found their filet mignon steaks to be outstanding. I have turned several family/friends on to their filets. Afterwards they rave about them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ah, but BBI has a truck and Mike does not!

I'm happy I got my lightly used truck for 45k in December...that MSRPs at 83k today...

Just for fun, I just built my 2021 as a 2024 on Ram's build and price. With a touch of rounding, $14k difference.

$72,350 - 2021
    $86,250 - 2024

But there's $2500 in bonus cash available so, you know, bargain. :D

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We do our grocery shopping between Aldi and Walmart. For Walmart, I'm in there around 10:00 AM. Typically in and out about 30 minutes flat. There was a time a few years ago that you would not catch me in there. Except maybe to buy some jeans. Although in the last year they have upped their game big time. Their prices are decent, and product is good. We have found their filet mignon steaks to be outstanding. I have turned several family/friends on to their filets. Afterwards they rave about them.
    Walmarts filet ? Not sure I would even think about going there.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Walmarts filet ? Not sure I would even think about going there.
    Like I mentioned in my post. Years ago, I would have never thought of grocery shopping there. I can't vouch for other Walmarts, but the one by us is legit. The other thing they have is prime rib beef burgers. We grilled those out last night. Fantastic! All I can say is give it a try.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Like I mentioned in my post. Years ago, I would have never thought of grocery shopping there. I can't vouch for other Walmarts, but the one by us is legit. The other thing they have is prime rib beef burgers. We grilled those out last night. Fantastic! All I can say is give it a try.
    Perhaps the closest Walmart to us leaves a lot to be desired. Produce is often wilted moldy and not anything apparently that the ebt crowd is willing to eat.

The freezer section prepared foods yeah that’s gets a lot of turn over.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Just for fun, I just built my 2021 as a 2024 on Ram's build and price. With a touch of rounding, $14k difference.

$72,350 - 2021
    $86,250 - 2024

But there's $2500 in bonus cash available so, you know, bargain. :D
    So thats 19.2% over 3 years, or 6.4% per year which is way off what the government is telling us the inflation rate is. I just can't believe the government would lie to us.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So thats 19.2% over 3 years, or 6.4% per year which is way off what the government is telling us the inflation rate is. I just can't believe the government would lie to us.

I don't know how important economically the Power Wagon Index is, unless you're invested in Stellantis, but there we are...

Ford Tremor Index is roughly 10% over one year:

$70690 - 2023 Tremor 402A trim, no moonroof
    $77,200 - 2024, same options

The Tremor is a nice truck, and you could order one for invoice-3% so my price was $64,094.99 on the 2023 truck if I ordered one. I didn't, Ford was deleting options like heated steering wheels and giving you a pittance in return and, ultimately, I liked the Power Wagon better. But I'd be salty AF if I'd waited a year and the same truck was $10k more.

Jeep Gladiator index probably doesn't look so bad, though. They've fallen a lot in demand for some reason and some dealers are getting real itchy to move the 2023s.

Top Bottom