• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, but if all you have is an Indiana LTCH, you'll have to remember to stop in West Harrison and unload those suckers and put em in the trunk. Doesn't do any good there.

The Cincy zoo isn't in any worse of an area than the Indy zoo, and is much cheaper. We're going to Cincy so I don't feel like my wallet is violated on the way in the door.

Most places are cheaper than indy's zoo now:spend:as they are priced up near amusement parks now!

indy-$26-30
    Cinci - $15
    Columbus- $15

Indy used to be only $16 up till this year and that $10 jump is not worth it to me even once a year as every time I go it seems to be crowded and the animals arent very active. Ive only gotten my moneys worth once at the old price as a teacher had to explain to her students what the lions were "doing". Me and a few friends had to walk away as we were laughing so hard as the kids faces were priceless.

I havent been to Cincinnati but Ive been told to go as itll easily surpass most zoos in the region.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have been a season pass holder several years for Indy Zoo. Mostly in part because it's close and I get a lot of use out of it for my kid. It's nice but IMO not even close to as good as the Cincinnati Zoo. Yes the neighborhood isn't the greatest but it's doesn't appear any worse then some of our Indy areas. I have my Utah CHP so I'm covered there. Definitely go to Cincinnati if you haven't been. The Gorillas are by itself worth it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Keep in mind:

In Ohio, signs carry weight of law.

I couldn't find anywhere on the Cincy zoo's site about their rules and regulations regarding such.

MAY be moot if A) Ohio now has a preemption stature and B) if the zoo is "public".

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Columbus Zoo is worth the extra drive. It is one of the best in the nation. I was at is last year and thought it was great. The one in Fort Wayne (Which is also a top ranking Zoo) is good but I have been to it a lot. If you are looking for any others and dont mind the "great" state of IL, I would suggest Brookfield Zoo. I was there a few years ago and felt it is one of the best. I personally enjoyed Brookfield over Columbus but I would choose Columbus over all of the other choices hands down, plus you might be able to see Jack Hanna.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom