• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Eh, as BugI mentions, if the driver fled and put the shooter in danger of great bodily harm or death with his actions, there could be a legitimate argument for self-defense.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable and doubly so when "reported" by the media, which is why I'm interested in the surveillance video.

Fair point!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    OK, but do you have a gun that takes an hour, or a week from the perpetrator's life? That would be just.
    If the perpetrator took any action that put life in immediate danger shooting them is acceptable period by law.

injb
    "I am not a US citizen so I obviously don't qualify for this"
    You will not be on the jury.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK, but do you have a gun that takes an hour, or a week from the perpetrator's life? That would be just.

If someone wants to run around stealing people's things, they've accepted and consented to the consequence of being shot.

If they don't consent, then they can just not attempt to forcibly take other people's property.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Wow that article is disgusting! So I'm supposed to go around fist fighting people that want to steal my **** that I paid for? I dont think so. Hopefully the charges are dropped against this guy.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is sad that the victim of the crime of Grand Theft Auto is now the criminal because he used deadly force to try to stop the theft of his hard earned possession.

At some point that great statement from a movie comes to mind. To paraphrase, I have had enough and I am not taking anymore. I think the car owner was at that point, but will wait to find out if a court agrees.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    From the bits n pieces that I have read through various news sources the perp was shot while driving away from the shooter and the shooter was not in danger of being ran over nor was anyone else in danger. At this point my car is not worth the risk of spending any time whatsoever in jail.

Just my opinion, Stand your ground does not apply here. Once that threat of imminent danger is gone we lose our reasonable cause of justifiable homicide. If the perp was shot trying to carjack that is another story.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When things go in one direction, you never know what would have happened if things went in another direction.

To explain, a policeman sees a student enter a school with a gun and does nothing, 20 children get murdered. OR the policeman sees a student enter a school with a gun and stops the student. 20 children never know that they were going to die.

So this car thief was going to murder a family next week, but we will never know that because the thief can no longer carry out that deed.

That is the problem with life, one never knows what would have happened if someone took the other road in that fabled "fork in the road".

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    From the bits n pieces that I have read through various news sources the perp was shot while driving away from the shooter and the shooter was not in danger of being ran over nor was anyone else in danger. At this point my car is not worth the risk of spending any time whatsoever in jail.

Just my opinion, Stand your ground does not apply here. Once that threat of imminent danger is gone we lose our reasonable cause of justifiable homicide. If the perp was shot trying to carjack that is another story.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    We already knew that. We are still sad the car owner is getting hosed because of some piece of **** ****sucking ****tard thief

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I thought I read or heard the driver (thief) was shot through the drivers side window. Initial thought is the owner was not in danger.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Fact : There will always be crimals in the world.

Why would the owner of the car leave the keys in it and unlocked on Emerson Avenue. Shooting someone that didn't put you in danger isn't right. That's why you have insurance. If you cant afford insurance dont leave you car unlocked in a bad part of town.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Fact : There will always be crimals in the world.

Why would the owner of the car leave the keys in it and unlocked on Emerson Avenue. Shooting someone that didn't put you in danger isn't right. That's why you have insurance. If you cant afford insurance dont leave you car unlocked in a bad part of town.
    Or don't steal peoples **** and stay alive.
    EDIT: I know this is a strange concept in Marion county because there are zero criminal consequences. Not stealing is apparently hard.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    When things go in one direction, you never know what would have happened if things went in another direction.

To explain, a policeman sees a student enter a school with a gun and does nothing, 20 children get murdered. OR the policeman sees a student enter a school with a gun and stops the student. 20 children never know that they were going to die.

So this car thief was going to murder a family next week, but we will never know that because the thief can no longer carry out that deed.

That is the problem with life, one never knows what would have happened if someone took the other road in that fabled "fork in the road".
    Be optimistic. In an infinite multiverse all “fork in the road” possibilities actually occur, including ones where the laws are like Texas’ and the jury exonerates the victim! Or the victim’s shot misses but the perp crashes the car into a Tesla which immediately causes the battery to burst into flames incinerating the perp. Does multiverse karma exist?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Did anyone read the article? The thief stole it from another thief. The man now in jail for murder stole that car months ago, and is just mad that someone else stole his already purloined ride. Both are scum, and good riddance!

"You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen, and I think it quite ungentlemanly."

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Did anyone read the article? The thief stole it from another thief. The man now in jail for murder stole that car months ago, and is just mad that someone else stole his already purloined ride. Both are scum, and good riddance!

"You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen, and I think it quite ungentlemanly."
    they just updated it 11 minutes ago. So most of us that read the article the first time or two probably did not.

Top Bottom