• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Paper this am had a story about a man from Indy nabbed in a city parking lot in Bloomington. Not arrested, but held on a 24 hour psych evaluation for "acting suspicious".:dunno:

He had 2 loaded handguns (and LTCH) on him and a shotgun in the trunk of his car. That was enough to get a search warrant for his home in Indy where they found ~40 "weapons".

Not sure I like the way this went down.:twocents:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I think I may have seen this in progress. I passed three cruises that had a guy with a white sedan (Camry? Not sure) in a PL on 3rd St about 0230.

Doors all open, as well as the trunk.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    i guess i better not go to their parking garage.. i tend to have that stuff in my truck all the time..

hey, if the cop says "We don’t want someone with loaded guns and a long-range finder hanging out at our parking garages" is that a form of local regulation of firearms?

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Not sure where the rangefinder fit in seeing as to how he had in his possession two hand guns and a shot gun:dunno:...now if he had a rangefinder and a high power scoped rifle, I see how that could be considered questionable.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not sure where the rangefinder fit in seeing as to how he had in his possession two hand guns and a shot gun:dunno:...now if he had a rangefinder and a high power scoped rifle, I see how that could be considered questionable.

Let's let the government worry about the details.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    fyi the comments on the herald times story has a hot link back to the polical section of this site. They are freaking out about the civil war and acting in public threads. Naturally, they did not read the threads, but that does not matter to a lib...............

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    fyi the comments on the herald times story has a hot link back to the polical section of this site. They are freaking out about the civil war and acting in public threads. Naturally, they did not read the threads, but that does not matter to a lib...............

oh ya they said +1 for the BPD for stoppin' another mass shootin'.......i don't think that's the case.....don't know what the guy was doin'...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Considering the story the 24 hour evaluation seems quite legit to me. And considering the media never gets anything right there is probably more to the story than we know. Sounds like a weird dude to me and some good police work. Add all the reported facts together including the time of morning ect. Not normal in the least even though many on here will howl that it is.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I feel they did the right thing here. Just because the guy had a LTCH and only a rangefinder, doesn't mean he shouldn't be questioned. That would look really odd, just for a person to be sitting in a parking lot, watching the entrance to a bar with a rangefinder. And he's apparently been doing it some time, since the security guard said he saw him a week earlier. So it shows that the security guard gave him the benefit of a doubt the first time or times. But then, after a week, he called to have him checked out.

I don't see anything wrong with that. He wasn't arrested. And made comments that would have you question what's really going on in his head.

But if you patrolled an area, and kept seeing the same guy in the same area, watching the same business, wouldn't you question it? Gun or no guns involved.

Top Bottom