• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    So after this is addressed who gets the blame when it makes zero difference in crime?

It didn't sound like this was about fighting crime, it's about 'fair' hiring tactics. If the tests are too hard, they change them. If there aren't enough of a specific gender or race applying for a position, they go out and recruit specifically based on whatever demographic they are looking for. Social engineering? Diversity?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It didn't sound like this was about fighting crime, it's about 'fair' hiring tactics...

So the National Football League should be 85% white then because the country is?

If there is proven discrimination, correct it and punish those responsible. If the process itself treats applicants equally and this is the outcome, so be it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It didn't sound like this was about fighting crime, it's about 'fair' hiring tactics. If the tests are too hard, they change them. If there aren't enough of a specific gender or race applying for a position, they go out and recruit specifically based on whatever demographic they are looking for. Social engineering? Diversity?

Yes , social engineering solves zero problems just generates more.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Considering the standards of performance expected from police officers these day I'd think people would simply prefer to see the most qualified applicants hired for the job. I would suggest a "blind" hiring process which looks at qualifications, skills and abilities without revealing the race, skin color, sex, sexual orientation or religion of the applicants but then I'd get called a racist, sexist and any other kind of "ist" (just not a realist).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Considering the standards of performance expected from police officers these day I'd think people would simply prefer to see the most qualified applicants hired for the job. I would suggest a "blind" hiring process which looks at qualifications, skills and abilities without revealing the race, skin color, sex, sexual orientation or religion of the applicants but then I'd get called a racist, sexist and any other kind of "ist" (just not a realist).

Add veteran status, too. Some departments don't hire those crazy veterans.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Identify "problem"; develop solution that involves creating a "large government solution"; ignore or blame others for failure. Sound familiar?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Hey! I keep my crazy under control, except on Tuesday mornings,, and sometimes Thursday afternoons,

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Really? That seems pretty messed up to me. I can see screening applicants who are veterans for disorders like PTSD. I can't see just not hiring them. To me it seems military experience, especially as military police, would be very beneficial.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sigh, what Philo said. They could solve women in combat arms in the military the same way. Here's the test, pass it or go away. I served with a lot of females, they were often capable at the jobs they did, none of those jobs were combat arms on the ground though many flew.

You want to play in the dirt? Fine, let's go spend an afternoon at the tank gunnery range, you're a loader, no excuses...everyone on the tank has to be able to perform every job. Feeling excluded? Get used to it, you can't do the job you are excluded.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Sigh, what Philo said. They could solve women in combat arms in the military the same way. Here's the test, pass it or go away. I served with a lot of females, they were often capable at the jobs they did, none of those jobs were combat arms on the ground though many flew.

You want to play in the dirt? Fine, let's go spend an afternoon at the tank gunnery range, you're a loader, no excuses...everyone on the tank has to be able to perform every job. Feeling excluded? Get used to it, you can't do the job you are excluded.

But, but, their feelings. What about their feelings? I say if they failed the test, just give them another participation trophy that they're used to getting and send them on their way

Top Bottom