• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do you have any pictures of it? I didn’t read every post close enough to see an answer. Any custom wheels or wrap? Exhaust, tint or decals? Hopefully you’ll find it in one piece.
    A friend of mine had his Audi S4 stolen and they found it crashed in St Louis! Two guys came to Indy to steal cars for joyrides, street take overs and parts. Luckily he had gap insurance and came out ok.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Why would I curbstomp him? I enjoy finding stolen cars. I would rather curbstomp the thief but when you aren't allowed to chase stolen cars, it makes it difficult to catch them.
    Looking for stolen cars helps me pass the time. Although I did get dusted a few days ago by a stolen Porsche that was carjacked a few hours earlier on the east side.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking for stolen cars helps me pass the time. Although I did get dusted a few days ago by a stolen Porsche that was carjacked a few hours earlier on the east side.
    It was a Porsche after all. Wait, shouldn't a Porsche have a stick-shift? That should keep Gens Y and Z from car thieving.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    That sucks. They must have towed it away because those mustangs have the chip in the key.
    He towed it in broad daylight according to the only person who saw it happen we found out now. Made it look like it was just nothing out of the ordinary - like it was just his car. We got a description od the truck though.. it was "black" lol.

Does it have any bumper or window stickers? Any markings other than the hood damage that would make it stand out? I found the plate number in our stolen reports but it hasn't hit on FLOCK since it was stolen. Any identifying features would help find it if the plate has been swapped or removed.
    It has a Joe Biden 2024 sticker on it!

Kidding.... no, no stickers.

What is the plate number? I'll look for it on (the evil, rights violating) FLOCK system.
    I'll post the plate # when I get back home I don't have it on me or remember the whole thing to be honest.

Edit: and yeah, I know the odds are **** and most wouldn't want the car back at all given the shape it's most likely in by now - but I do want it back even if it's just a shell. I quite literally started working for my dad at his restaurant on the weekends at 9 years old taking cash and hosting - I saved most of everything he paid me (which wasn't much) until I was 17 and bought that car new in 2007 with less than 80 miles on it.

I was going to sell it a few years ago after someone blew a stop sign and hit me in it because I felt like I was just, and still am, too poor to be able to reasonably keep/afford a "fun car"

But it's paid off, it was my first car, and I just can't let it go - not willingly at least. They could offer me 35k for it and say go buy a brand new one and I'd still rather have mine.

Last edited:

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    Hearing the rest of the story really makes it suck. I am sure everyone wishes they had their first car now. I do 1968 olds 442 convertible with 4 speed stick. It was not stolen I was too dumb to try to save it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    He towed it in broad daylight according to the only person who saw it happen we found out now. Made it look like it was just nothing out of the ordinary - like it was just his car. We got a description od the truck though.. it was "black" lol.

It has a Joe Biden 2024 sticker on it!

Kidding.... no, no stickers.

I'll post the plate # when I get back home I don't have it on me or remember the whole thing to be honest.

Edit: and yeah, I know the odds are **** and most wouldn't want the car back at all given the shape it's most likely in by now - but I do want it back even if it's just a shell. I quite literally started working for my dad at his restaurant on the weekends at 9 years old taking cash and hosting - I saved most of everything he paid me (which wasn't much) until I was 17 and bought that car new in 2007 with less than 80 miles on it.

I was going to sell it a few years ago after someone blew a stop sign and hit me in it because I felt like I was just, and still am, too poor to be able to reasonably keep/afford a "fun car"

But it's paid off, it was my first car, and I just can't let it go - not willingly at least. They could offer me 35k for it and say go buy a brand new one and I'd still rather have mine.
    Damn. If that isn't a kick in the nuts.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Make sure if its recovered you curb stomp the owner for wasting your time!

OP sorry to hear. this is part of the reason the wife insists that at least 3 cars are in the garage at all times. the 4th is a rusty ratty truck that's covered in gravel road dust that no one wants and likely has a dead battery. Good luck!
    You'd be amazed.
    Dad had a 78 or 79 f100? Custom back in the early 90s. Use to be blue but was more rust than anything and the floor board was gone. Nobody with a functioning brain cell would want it because it stuck out so bad.

Someone stole it from the far east side and it was recovered just east of downtown... somewhere by the old pizza hut off washington street.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why would I curbstomp him? I enjoy finding stolen cars. I would rather curbstomp the thief but when you aren't allowed to chase stolen cars, it makes it difficult to catch them.
    We have a case going here where police tried to corner a stolen car and driver in a strip mall and the driver tried to run down one of the officers. The officer gave him six or seven point blank through the windshield while hanging off the hood of the car before a sharp turn threw him off. Suspect went on to exit to a busy 4 lane street before going left of center (and into shock apparently) and hitting two cars head on

Now the local Amish community is calling for a use of excessive force investigation because 'he didn't have to shoot him'

Can't let Smith & Wesson chase them, either

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It was a Porsche after all. Wait, shouldn't a Porsche have a stick-shift? That should keep Gens Y and Z from car thieving.
    It should, and it should be oil-cooled also - but we don't live in that world anymore. In the correct world, if you wanted a 4 door car or a 'truck', you would buy a Maserati or a Land Rover

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I've got a new neighbor that drives an older black tow truck... better description, or video of the truck would be great
    No cameras on the property somehow - which I thought there were otherwise I wouldn't have left it there.

I had no real choice because my apartment complex says I have too many cars (3) even though I told them one is the Mrs's.

All the one guy who saw it said he was black and the truck was black. He gave the most generic truck description ever, so it's really useless info.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We have a case going here where police tried to corner a stolen car and driver in a strip mall and the driver tried to run down one of the officers. The officer gave him six or seven point blank through the windshield while hanging off the hood of the car before a sharp turn threw him off. Suspect went on to exit to a busy 4 lane street before going left of center (and into shock apparently) and hitting two cars head on

Now the local Amish community is calling for a use of excessive force investigation because 'he didn't have to shoot him'

Can't let Smith & Wesson chase them, either
    I saw that video. The officer put himself in that position and the only way out of it was to shoot the driver.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No cameras on the property somehow - which I thought there were otherwise I wouldn't have left it there.

I had no real choice because my apartment complex says I have too many cars (3) even though I told them one is the Mrs's.

All the one guy who saw it said he was black and the truck was black. He gave the most generic truck description ever, so it's really useless info.
    Sounds like your "friend" set it up.

Top Bottom