• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The next 1500 is coming up soon! This one will be in the South Pavilion (along 38th Street, close to the Fall Creek Parkway intersection.)

For those of you familiar with the State Fairgrounds, that's near the new swine barn, which is quite impressive I must say.

Once again I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth. They usually have us near the exit (southeast side of the building.)

I missed the September show. You know it was important (family member in the hospital. My Dad, not some rando cousin) for me to miss a 1500.

It looks like I'll be there all three days this time. We are down one of our regulars so I'll be there all three. OK, it's not like it's hard work or anything. It's not the Deer, Turkey, and Waterfowl Expo (we are BUSY at that one and it's more like work.)

Stop by the booth and say hello, I'll bump the thread. It's always good to meet INGOers in the wild.

When I say it's really not work, I mean I have time to post comments about what I observe (and as Yogi Berra said, "You can see a lot just by observing.") The 1500 is the full gun show experience.

Who will be there? SPAM can Mom? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad? Goths? Harley Quinn? (NOT a Margot Robbie sighting) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? (Dude left with an AK, a bag of mags, a can of ammo, and the plate carrier had plates.) Flock of Seagulls? The extras from The Walking Dead? (in memory of Moderator-Emeritus Churchmouse) the cast of The Hills Have Eyes?

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and gen 2 PMags are my usual items.

I will try to find specific things and prices per request if time allows. Keep in mind: I know a lot about a few things. I know a little about a lot of things. There are some things I really don't know duck **** from apple butter about.

Are there gun shows with less expensive admission and free parking? Yes. Will you see any who I mentioned in the above paragraph at Stout Field or Tipton? Doubtful. The 1500 is the full gun show experience.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The next 1500 is coming up soon! This one will be in the South Pavilion (along 38th Street, close to the Fall Creek Parkway intersection.)

For those of you familiar with the State Fairgrounds, that's near the new swine barn, which is quite impressive I must say.

Once again I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth. They usually have us near the exit (southeast side of the building.)

I missed the September show. You know it was important (family member in the hospital. My Dad, not some rando cousin) for me to miss a 1500.

It looks like I'll be there all three days this time. We are down one of our regulars so I'll be there all three. OK, it's not like it's hard work or anything. It's not the Deer, Turkey, and Waterfowl Expo (we are BUSY at that one and it's more like work.)

Stop by the booth and say hello, I'll bump the thread. It's always good to meet INGOers in the wild.

When I say it's really not work, I mean I have time to post comments about what I observe (and as Yogi Berra said, "You can see a lot just by observing.") The 1500 is the full gun show experience.

Who will be there? SPAM can Mom? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad? Goths? Harley Quinn? (NOT a Margot Robbie sighting) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? (Dude left with an AK, a bag of mags, a can of ammo, and the plate carrier had plates.) Flock of Seagulls? The extras from The Walking Dead? (in memory of Moderator-Emeritus Churchmouse) the cast of The Hills Have Eyes?

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and gen 2 PMags are my usual items.

I will try to find specific things and prices per request if time allows. Keep in mind: I know a lot about a few things. I know a little about a lot of things. There are some things I really don't know duck **** from apple butter about.

Are there gun shows with less expensive admission and free parking? Yes. Will you see any who I mentioned in the above paragraph at Stout Field or Tipton? Doubtful. The 1500 is the full gun show experience.

I pity the rando cousin...but have some myself so I know how you feel. :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Festus from Gunsmoke?
    No, Chester, the character with the limp that Dennis Weaver created out of thin air even before his audition to make his character more interesting. Some say Civil War wound, others cow-punching accident, regardless Chester had the limp.

Chester vs. Festus, an INGO symposium:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why I am born to war? Why must the world attack me for The Truth?

Well where did I get Festus? Oh that's right, I got it from you!

iu

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well where did I get Festus? Oh that's right, I got it from you!

iu
    Obviously an elaborate, Sun Tzuesque trap.

Looks just like me but with less hair.

1699111212385.png

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It's been a long while since I have been to the show. I noticed the dates on the site but not times? Did I miss them somewhere?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's been a long while since I have been to the show. I noticed the dates on the site but not times? Did I miss them somewhere?
    Not on the site/you are correct! From the radio spots on WIBC (Guy Relford is doing them now. Over/under on Tuesday being when they bring back the Don Knotts/Harvey the Rabbit ads) I think it's Friday 1400-1900; Sat 0900-1800; Sun 0900-1600.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gettin closer! I'll bring the locations of the landmarks (cardinal directions are kind of useless in the building) and where popular things are located... like the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth when I get there Friday.

Top Bottom