• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    After all these reports about horrible parking and confusion with the other shows no way am I going to spend $25 just to walk in the door exhausted from hiking after parking the car. Besides I spent all my available cash on primers from the INGO Group Buy organized by Aszerigan who gets a +10 for his efforts. Now I can reload to my heart’s content! :spend:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After all these reports about horrible parking and confusion with the other shows no way am I going to spend $25 just to walk in the door exhausted from hiking after parking the car. Besides I spent all my available cash on primers from the INGO Group Buy organized by Aszerigan who gets a +10 for his efforts. Now I can reload to my heart’s content! :spend:
    I always park in the neighborhood just across 38th St. for free. I mean, do ya wanna live forever?? :):

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Just got back from the show. First time in 4 years. WOW!! The parking truly,truly beyond SUCKED!!!! Not that I couldn't use the exercise, but my son and I got there at 0700hrs and had to park in Howard county. I did get some 5.56, MRE's (for grandson) and chocolate turtles for the wife (had to pay penance you know) . Thing is I between parking and admission I had $25 put out before I even got into the show.For the aggravation me thinks that Rural King will get my 5.56 business from now on though. Okay...I will stop bitc$ing now. Best part of the show was meeting KellyInAvon. A true gentleman.
    Parking did suck today.. So I ended up driving around the street barricades to drive back to the parking lot by the building for the 1500 and found plenty of parking spots. I've seen people driving out this way to leave this parking area so I figured to just drive into this area for a look. And found plenty of spots.. My plan was ether the 1500 or the Rural King in Avon today.. But I picked the $25 option to pick up a dummy grenade plus say hi to Kelly..

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    I’m planning on getting there tomorrow for a bit. My grandson was born today. My future daughter in law went into labor early yesterday, so I didn’t go anywhere. I saw them today and everyone is doing well and healthy so I can relax in that knowledge and hit the show tomorrow. Maybe I’ll find a few end of show deals. I need nothing, but I can always be coaxed on a good deal (twist my arm)!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show everyone though I had bidness and a list and could not lollygag. California eggs benedict at Lincoln Square on 11th, highly recommended.

Got Colt M6920SOCOM from my friends at Indiana Firearms, want to do CZ vs. USA built comparison (I know, it's geeky), Magpul AK-74 mags, Magpul BUIS IIIs, couple of books, knife from Brad (of course), found bunch of Duramag 6.5 Grendel mags for Project Grendel and bought on of the PA 3X optics for PG as placeholder until I settle on ACOG.

Got everything on list BUT stocks for Ruger Bisley. Oh, well, built-in excuse to go again.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    It was a good show for me. I wish I had more spending cash for a few items.

Does anyone know the name of the seller who has a table right by the entrance? He is an older gentlemen with glasses. He sells Garands, M1 Carbines, and other US guns

inshooter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2022
    Indiana
    I was at the show, I showed up at 9 on Saturday morning so parking was a breeze for me. It was a pretty typical 1500 (I go to almost every one). I was the guy wearing Belgian camo with an East German paratrooper vest and a backpack full of rare Czech camouflage which I had just bought. As usual there were no crazy deals to be had on guns, I saw several $900 Chinese SKSes, but I bought a lot of other stuff like that camo and a case of MREs.

Does anyone know the name of the seller who has a table right by the entrance? He is an older gentlemen with glasses. He sells Garands, M1 Carbines, and other US guns

I don't know his name, but he has been at that spot for years. I'm sure somebody knows who he is.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

I don’t know his name but if it’s who I think it is he’s from Terra Haute area. Sells M1s and accessories. You might be able to contact the promoter and get his contact info.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

I can try to get that info for you. Was it the gentleman in the cowboy hat straight ahead as you walk in, or the gentleman with a lot of garands immediately to the left after you walk in?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I can try to get that info for you. Was it the gentleman in the cowboy hat straight ahead as you walk in, or the gentleman with a lot of garands immediately to the left after you walk in?
    The guy in the cowboy hat was Gary. He lives in Speedway and sets up at every 1500.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Can I get both of their numbers? It is the guy who sells garands and m1 carbines?
    I'll ask around tomorrow. I work with one of the promoters tomorrow and will see what I can find out for you. I know they know all those guys. I probably wont be able to give you their personal info, but if they have a shop or business line, I can give you that info.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Mmmm anyone see that $11,000 NDM at Tony’s table?
    Sexxxxxxxy, yup.

Seen two Nylon 66’s that were pretty minty at 675.00, not too bad, not to bad.

2 lightly greased and freshly unwrapped 9130’s 1 ceremonial, one hex at 380.00 with all the typical fixins that came with them. Sold them on my next pass, i didn‘t really need another anyhow:( they looked perfect!

Some decent variety at this show, some very crammed aisles. Some of our chair bound patriots had a hell of a time getting through some of those crowds arrrrrr!

The boys at the NRA table looked pretty engaged while I was doing my laps. No luck on items i was looking for and missed out on a 300$ 3 gen g17 from a vendor friend of mine on Friday.

I had a pretty good time chattin and walking the aisles.
    When your current with ammo, rifle trends and know what you want it’s pretty essy to walk the crowded lanes and peek through the occasional arm pit with terminator vision.

:blahblah:

Top Bottom