• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Speaking of license plate cameras, I could wrong, but it seems like I've seen a lot more vehicles with paper dealer plates, or no plate at all than I used to. Just the other day, I saw a car with a paper plate taped to the back with clear package tape. As I looked at it, I realized that all the dark smudges on the paint around the paper plate was from the adhesive from other layers of tape, probably from repeated paper plates being removed and replaced.

I would be totally not surprised to learn that people can get an image off the internet, print a plate, and be good to go.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Speaking of license plate cameras, I could wrong, but it seems like I've seen a lot more vehicles with paper dealer plates, or no plate at all than I used to. Just the other day, I saw a car with a paper plate taped to the back with clear package tape. As I looked at it, I realized that all the dark smudges on the paint around the paper plate was from the adhesive from other layers of tape, probably from repeated paper plates being removed and replaced.

I would be totally not surprised to learn that people can get an image off the internet, print a plate, and be good to go.
    There's an epidemic of bogus dealer tags in Texas now. As to Indiana, I do believe the dealer temp tags last for 90 days instead of 30 as in the past. (I'm sure I'm wrong, so someone correct me)

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    And if your local police agency uses Axon for in car cameras there's a chance they have Flock integration. It is an add on expense for Axon Fleet 3 cameras but it does integrate into the Flock ecosystem.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    And if your local police agency uses Axon for in car cameras there's a chance they have Flock integration. It is an add on expense for Axon Fleet 3 cameras but it does integrate into the Flock ecosystem.

Vigilant LPR and Motorola In-Car do the same. As far as I know, Vigilant (owned by Motorola) retains the data forever. Flock has a 30-day retention unless it is part of a case.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Frontpage in today's Crawfordsville Journal Review:

I love the bit of marketing savvy in the name, it's the "Flock Safety License Camera System".
    Who can argue with a camera system that's intended for safety?

1697313183926.png

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Uh, Flock Safety is the name of the company.

Flock Safety makes license plate readers.
    When I hear about a safety company I think of a company that makes PPE or provides safety training.
    Flock makes the equivalent of facial recognition cameras for automobiles.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Uh, Flock Safety is the name of the company.
    When I hear about a safety company I think of a company that makes PPE or provides safety training.
    That's what I like about INGO. There's always someone here who knows what the Flock they are talking about.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Wouldn't it be the equivalent of buttocks recognition cameras? FLOCK cameras take pictures of the rear end of the car....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Flock Safety Cam hit initiated this tragic chain of events....

Having the system alert you to suspended drivers in Marion County makes it light up like a pinball machine.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

No. A scumbag serious violent felon with an arrest warrant initiated this event.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Police get **** on for doing their jobs. Police get **** on for not doing their jobs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Police get **** on for doing their jobs. Police get **** on for not doing their jobs.
    Just today there was a chase that was terminated when speeds got too high. Scumbags got on I-465 westbound (not being chased) and hit an uninvolved minivan just east of U.S. 31 South. 3 were apprehended, but one is still on the loose. Wonder how @Kirk Freeman would blame the cops for that one.

Top Bottom