• ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Waterboarding.jpg

Yes, some one took a pen off my desk the other day at work, we found it..

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I nominate rvb.

I think RVB would be an excellent candidate! Anyone know if he's interested?

ah hell, I get busy and stay away for a couple days and you guys manage to get some crazy ideas in your head.

As long as he continues to run our local club :)
    I don't think he is interested after the conversation I had with him earlier this week. [STRIKE]Though he may be able to be talked into it?[/STRIKE]

Not at this time. First and foremost, I don't think I have the experience for the job. So far my match directing experience consists of 3 matches at what is probably the smallest club in the section. I can think of a lot of guys who have a much better resume for the job. Second, the last couple years I've been making an effort to spend less time on shooting stuff (kinda failing since taking on the Ft Wayne matches) while my kids are still at an age they actually want to be around me. I don't think it'd be right to start off a stint as SC knowing I won't ever make it to the majority of the clubs in the section. Maybe in a few yrs when I have some more match directing experience and get back into shooting more matches...

Or, is waterboarding going to be necessary? Cause that will take some prep time.

If you really want to give this approach a chance of success, try Scotch-boarding, or maybe beer-boarding...

He cannot run the Section and a club at the same time.

Just curious, is that a uspsa or section rule, or are you just saying it's too time consuming to try to do both?

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My comment was not about a rule by either USPSA or the Section. One person can not do those two jobs right and last very long. There are lots of folks eager from someone else to step up.

rvb you lack of match directing experience won't fly. Jake had directed exactly ZERO matches when he took the job.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nope I had not even helped set up any of the club matches, wasn't even a certified RO and had never ran a timer, ran a squad or any of that. At that point I had not even broken the tabs off the my copy of the rule book.
    I haven't belonged to range ever until this past Jan, and joined Martinsville's Club, which doesn't hold any kind of match.

Section Coordinator is not a job, it is a point of contact.

Let's get through the Section Match and Nationals, we can revisit who's interested and who isn't.
    The more important thing is really the local club match directors and those matches getting ran.
    That is 70+ matches a year, throw in Steel Challenge is another 25-30 matches.
    This is where the focus needs to be on making sure that those 100+ matches are getting put on

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have seen him paste targets recently.
    All joking aside Jake has done a great job

Yes he has. My point was that it does not take experience as a match director to do the job. it won't hurt but it is not necessary.

Top Bottom