Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The match directors of the clubs in Indiana would be the ones to vote to decide who the next Section Coordinator is. That is if we could find more than one person to run.

I don't think the cheating scandal is going to a be a big deal for Indiana. All of our clubs are running good honest, matches and all that controversy was elsewhere. Any thing the crops up could be handled by a match director and it should not be a big deal. If someone what to see the timer, show them. The big problem is finding someone who is capable and wants this job.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks
    -the issues with the BoD that they are currently working thru have very little to no effect on the monthly club matches
    -the ballots that were sent out were for the Area Director

Indiana Section consist of 9 clubs (4 are also Steel Challenge Clubs)

The Section Coordinator shall
    i.) actively promote the corporation and its policies, rules, ideals and concepts,
    ii.) keep the Area Director and national office informed of activity within his Section, (this is all done thru uploading scores now)
    iii.) promote the establishment of, and participation in, his Area Championship and the USPSA
    National Championships, (I have shot the matches, and only worked 1 Nationals, working these matches are not a requirement)
    iv.) require of his clubs that a copy of the results for all corporation approved matches be made
    available to him, (this is all online by uploading the scores)
    v.) see that all such results and their attendant activity fee are forwarded to the national office
    within 30 days of match date, (all done online, and a review can be done to online the uspsa website to see if there are any outstanding fees)
    vi.) recommend clubs for affiliation or disaffiliation,
    vii.) endeavor to personally visit each club in his Section at least once a year during the production
    of a match, (I haven't done this...I know I suck)
    viii.) actively assist new clubs in forming and becoming affiliated with the corporation, and
    ix.) implement and supervise membership growth programs.

But what you really do is help promote USPSA and the monthly club matches, be available to answer questions for Match Directors of local clubs, help arrange RO or CRO classes based on needs.
    You receive the slots for the National Matches and work on getting slots either to the clubs based on their activity or in the case of the last couple of years just ask who wants slots (this would be different if Nationals were held closer to us)
    And you either Match Direct or find a Match Director for the Annual Sectional Championship and a range to host the match, but it is not mandatory to host an annual Sectional Championship.

If anyone is interested let me know I would be happy to answer any questions

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'm not sure who is interested or if anyone's even expressed interest, but I would think it would be a good opportunity for some on the job training with the rest of the season and especially the section match coming up, to follow Jake around and learn. I wouldn't want to be thrown in the job "cold." Maybe we should have actually started this discussion early in the season when Jake announced this was his final go around...

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is not a job, and other than being the Match Director for the Section Match
    this isn't even an hour or so a week of time
    you really only answer some questions now and then
    forward out any information that USPSA HQ sends for the clubs
    do a quick double check on if there are any overdue activity fees
    and twice a year you get slots to send out for the nationals (SS and HG Nationals)

Setting up the facebook page and webpage are just things I did
    And how I do the section match is really just because I have control issues

The local clubs run themselves
    all the activity stuff is done online
    You have DNROI and the AD's to deal with any major things that may pop up

Anyone with a high school education and rudimentary computer skills (which means you were able to create a profile on here and post) can do this

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    It is not a job, and other than being the Match Director for the Section Match
    this isn't even an hour or so a week of time
    you really only answer some questions now and then
    forward out any information that USPSA HQ sends for the clubs
    do a quick double check on if there are any overdue activity fees
    and twice a year you get slots to send out for the nationals (SS and HG Nationals)

Setting up the facebook page and webpage are just things I did
    And how I do the section match is really just because I have control issues

The local clubs run themselves
    all the activity stuff is done online
    You have DNROI and the AD's to deal with any major things that may pop up

Anyone with a high school education and rudimentary computer skills (which means you were able to create a profile on here and post) can do this

sounds like a sales pitch!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am not qualified.

I nominate Kurt E. (This will provide tons of entertainment.)

He would last 1 week. He would troll the hell out of everyone and be asked to step down. I can only imagine the emails he would send to Board of Directors and President. :popcorn:

Di**rolls in the shooters bags at the next state match would be pretty funny.

+1 LOL

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm volunteering to head hunt to figure out who is interested and qualified.

I'm not qualified. I'm still figuring out how this game works.

So really, none of the veterans are interested???

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I think RVB would be an excellent candidate! Anyone know if he's interested?
    As long as he continues to run our local club :)
    I don't think he is interested after the conversation I had with him earlier this week. Though he may be able to be talked into it?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    As long as he continues to run our local club :)
    I don't think he is interested after the conversation I had with him earlier this week. Though he may be able to be talked into it?

So, some duct tape and a few taps on the noggin' with a bat and he might go for it.

Or, is waterboarding going to be necessary? Cause that will take some prep time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom