• ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I found these articles interesting.

The GOP does need to shift tracks somewhat if they're going to meet the needs of the people.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

The GOP does need to shift tracks somewhat if they're going to meet the needs of the people.

To be fair, though, most of what we get in this state is "Republican light"...

Pborkstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2020
    Lake County
    Hard for Indiana to compete with the top states. Let’s see Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, etc for a better description on how Indiana has fared with CV fugitives.

With or without resettlement, we could all benefit from a stronger economic environment. Cuz we sure as heck can’t do much about the physical (weather, mountains, ocean, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    When you're a "tough climate" state, not being Illinois is sometimes about the best you can hope for. People here have low mobility, education, and sense of entitlement compared to other states. There are not many places left with a reservoir of native residents who obsequiously accept that the corporate plantation-state is a desirable and natural state of affairs. So, the Republicans work assiduously to make it into the "Indonesia of the North," and the only thing voting Democrat as a "protest" gets you is people like Hogshitt, who have zero imagination, buy their political playbook from Beltway Democrat.com, and import Democratic "social justice and free sxxt" policies from elsewhere. We are not going to get "Democratic Innovators" like a Hickenlooper or Tulsi Gabbard who "keep things interesting," because those kinds of people want to live in places that are, well...interesting.

Indiana is full of people who think living off the grid, poll-taxes, and kicking women of different religions out of shooting ranges is a-ok. Being a Low Wage Republican Business Plantation instead of Chitcago is actually not that bad of an outcome for us.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Yep, Indiana is ran by Chamber O Republicans…

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Indiana doesn't have it all figured out, but as someone who has moved and now regularly travels around the East coast states, it sure ain't bad. I am regularly amazed at how antiquated and insufficient the road network is out here, accomplishing the simplest of tasks is always a pita due to the population density, and the obvious widespread level of disparity between the poor and wealthy is astonishing. Don't make the mistake of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    All I know for sure is I lived under democratic rule of Chicago for 73 years then I moved to the great state of Indiana and have never been happier about a place to live. There about half the republicans are RINO's so there is no hope of it ever getting better. Jim.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Income wealth is relative to location. A 100k income will set you up nicely in southern Indiana.

While the same income in NYC wouldn’t get you a apartment.

As far as most people are going to the Indy area that’s fine by me I avoid Indy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When you're a "tough climate" state, not being Illinois is sometimes about the best you can hope for. People here have low mobility, education, and sense of entitlement compared to other states. There are not many places left with a reservoir of native residents who obsequiously accept that the corporate plantation-state is a desirable and natural state of affairs. So, the Republicans work assiduously to make it into the "Indonesia of the North," and the only thing voting Democrat as a "protest" gets you is people like Hogshitt, who have zero imagination, buy their political playbook from Beltway Democrat.com, and import Democratic "social justice and free sxxt" policies from elsewhere. We are not going to get "Democratic Innovators" like a Hickenlooper or Tulsi Gabbard who "keep things interesting," because those kinds of people want to live in places that are, well...interesting.

Indiana is full of people who think living off the grid, poll-taxes, and kicking women of different religions out of shooting ranges is a-ok. Being a Low Wage Republican Business Plantation instead of Chitcago is actually not that bad of an outcome for us.
    Dude, you have one of the best environments for strengthening and living the 2nd Amendment that I am familiar with

I can't really see the left or the CocRublicans being happy about that. You get the government you deserve, based largely on your willingness to put in the work. Waiting for someone else to do it is slow death

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We don't need a centrist who will allow communists to cement their gains and infringements to basic freedom

We need a proven winner, a populist who will go in and clean house and we need legislators riding his coattails who will help him do it

But I wouldn't expect Overton's window washer to see any need to repeal all the 'benefits' that Biden has bestowed upon us

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What the last article said to me:

Republicans need to convince Mitch to run for president in 2024. He has a serious chance of pulling centrists from both parties.

Mitch Daniels signed a 17% sales tax increase that we pay with EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE. We and our kids, kids, kids, will never be able to escape this for the rest of our lives. :xmad:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Mitch Daniels signed a 17% sales tax increase that we pay with EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE. We and our kids, kids, kids, will never be able to escape this for the rest of our lives. :xmad:
    My understanding was that there was a quid pro quo on property taxes.

I might be wrong......

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My understanding was that there was a quid pro quo on property taxes.

I might be wrong......
    That is my understanding as well.

And that is a problem in today’s politics, if an elected official makes a negotiation that changes A to get B, they get blasted by those on the same side…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Yep, Indiana is ran by Chamber O Republicans…
    Which needs to change to; ran by Constitutionalists. Elected servants who hang up on the non-citizen corporations, and ONLY work for their constituents within the bounds of the Constitutions to which they took an oath.

Top Bottom