• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My son and his wife bugged in at a friend's house in Orlando and are both safe. They will go back to their Orlando home later today or tomorrow as conditions permit. If there is significant damage I may be driving from Indiana to Florida to help. Made the trip last year when I helped move them so up to date on handgun laws in all the pass through states. I have not transported long guns out of state.

What rules do I need to be aware of when taking an AR, shotgun and ammo through all those states in the cab of my pickup?

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I would say you would be fine to transport all the way through. Doing my quick research on this, I didn't see anything that didn't allow you do transport an AR or shotgun along with ammo through the states. I would recommend putting them in a case in the back, unloaded. But I would also do your follow ups with the state requirements as well. Maybe contact the State Police departments in those states for confirmation.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Depending on the area, and I don't think Orlando is one of them, you may not be allowed in. Your son and his wife wouldn't be allowed back in, either, IF it's one of "those" areas.

From a FB update from some family near Tampa, their area is one of those "if you left - you're not going to be allowed back in until a bit later" zones.

Attempt to get in touch with the local LEO via social media - send them a message if there isn't anything posted on their pages. I'd say that most of the Orlando-area agencies probably have a social media outlet or three.

IF you're able to carry your own gasoline for your vehicle - be prepared to do it. All those stations that ran out of gas from everyone needing to evac? They're not restocked yet. Georgia is gonna be UGLY today, too. Keep THAT in mind.

Top Bottom