Indiana Students Defy High School's Stupid 'No American Flags' Rule…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    When SWMBO worked for the local library summer program, she wanted to do some patriotic songs for the July 4 program. She was forbidden by her supervisors - they said it might be offensive to the immigrant population that often attended. Her take was that these people sometimes risked their lives to get here and might be the most patriotic of the clientele. No dice.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    When SWMBO worked for the local library summer program, she wanted to do some patriotic songs for the July 4 program. She was forbidden by her supervisors - they said it might be offensive to the immigrant population that often attended. Her take was that these people sometimes risked their lives to get here and might be the most patriotic of the clientele. No dice.
    That’s when you walk away from the program and leave them to flounder.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It appears that there are some fascists running the show at East Central High School, who threatened to punish a student for flying an American flag on his truck and refusing to remove it when they told him to do so. Upon said threat of punishment, two dozen of his fellow students showed up to school the next day, flying American flags in solidarity.

The school caved on the threat of punishment, but said that they would be revising the student handbook for the following school year, to prohibit flying of flags:

It appears that the fascists running East Central HS have a deep disregard for first amendment-protected rights. It also appears that they don't understand that rules in their stupid handbook that violate constitutional protections are void and unenforceable.

I wonder if any of our local state legislators would be interested in this development? @KellyinAvon

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think the key words here are "July 4 Program." Duh, people. It's a patriotic holiday.

I'm wondering how long before June 4 gets branded as "Immigrant Day." Because Juneteenth needs a partner, and July 4th isn't '"inclusive" enough.

When it happens, I called it.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I bet if he had showed up with a Free Palestine flag, or a rainbow flag, they wouldn't have said a peep. But the American flag might "offend" someone? This type of stuff makes my blood boil. To me, our flag represents the sacrifice of others so that we can be free, and that this country offers opportunities like no other. If that flag is so reprehensible, why are millions of immigrants flocking here (well, besides for the free stuff).

There was no "confusion" on the part of the school. They made their unpatriotic selves known to the community, and I hope they are gone as a result. Wishful thinking, I know.

I'd gladly drive down there with a flag on the back of my truck to support those students and that community. This hate of America needs to stop.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I bet if he had showed up with a Free Palestine flag, or a rainbow flag, they wouldn't have said a peep. But the American flag might "offend" someone? This type of stuff makes my blood boil. To me, our flag represents the sacrifice of others so that we can be free, and that this country offers opportunities like no other. If that flag is so reprehensible, why are millions of immigrants flocking here (well, besides for the free stuff).

There was no "confusion" on the part of the school. They made their unpatriotic selves known to the community, and I hope they are gone as a result. Wishful thinking, I know.

I'd gladly drive down there with a flag on the back of my truck to support those students and that community. This hate of America needs to stop.
    You mean like a horde of deleted diesel trucks with flags circling the school at lunchtime...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Top Bottom