• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    The first of two Indiana Senate debates between Mike Braun, Joe Donnelly, and Lucy Brenton is coming up tonight at 7 PM. It will be streamed from the Indiana Debate Commission's website, on CSPAN, and over the radio at 93.1 WIBC. I think WIBC also said the it would be on Channel 23 but I missed the call letters.(Sorry)

https://indianadebatecommission.com/live-debate-feed/

I found of list of places for you to tune in to the debate: https://indianadebatecommission.com/2018/10/08/u-s-senate-debate-oct-8-where-to-watch/

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    It pisses me off that Indy Star did a recap of the debate, mentioned Lucy Brenton in the headline and never again.

Let's be honest here... Are there any major differences in between Donnelly and Braun other than their party affiliation?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It pisses me off that Indy Star did a recap of the debate, mentioned Lucy Brenton in the headline and never again.

Let's be honest here... Are there any major differences in between Donnelly and Braun other than their party affiliation?
    Is she even a serious candidate? No. She will only suck votes away from braun. Useless.
    I mean I like some/a lot of what she believes In but she will never have a real shot with her party. She said she is willing to vote against her party If she was elected, so next time I would encourage her to run as a Republican. She might have a chance. Maybe start in the house then move to the Senate when people know who she is

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Is she even a serious candidate? No. She will only suck votes away from braun. Useless.
    I mean I like some/a lot of what she believes In but she will never have a real shot with her party. She said she is willing to vote against her party If she was elected, so next time I would encourage her to run as a Republican. She might have a chance. Maybe start in the house then move to the Senate when people know who she is

And this is where we get stuck with the two party system that everyone claims to hate but always falls into the trap of voting to keep the wrong guy from winning.

She cannot run as a Republican because the Republican party would never support her unless she completely throws her beliefs away. The perfect example of this is in 2008 when the GOP changed the rules to keep Ron Paul from becoming their Presidential candidate. They seriously chose RINO John McCain over Ron Paul.

We need to start voting for the best candidate instead of voting for someone most likely to win.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Braun didn't do very well at all in my opinion. Donnelly honestly cleaned his clock. Braun failed to hit a single slow softball down the center.
    Brenton is absolutely cuckoo....embarrassment to a once noble party. Pot isn't going to fix carbon or anything else and I believe in the right to do stupid things!
    Jeep, you and I likely agree on a great many things but she must appeal to a greater portion of the state before anyone will take her seriously. She's about 33% SJW and not even a warrior for core Libertarian beliefs (at least not in that debate).

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Braun didn't do very well at all in my opinion. Donnelly honestly cleaned his clock. Braun failed to hit a single slow softball down the center.
    Brenton is absolutely cuckoo....embarrassment to a once noble party. Pot isn't going to fix carbon or anything else and I believe in the right to do stupid things!
    Jeep, you and I likely agree on a great many things but she must appeal to a greater portion of the state before anyone will take her seriously. She's about 33% SJW and not even a warrior for core Libertarian beliefs (at least not in that debate).

I wasn't able to watch the debate last night. I hope to watch it tomorrow evening. I am good with Brenton's stances on the issues listed on her campaign site but isn't that the case for every politician until they are under pressure to explain their beliefs?

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Us folks down south are voting red....Even my yellow dog democrat friends....The Kavanaugh hearings did it...Big time....

Current polls giving Donnelly a slight edge. But I'd suspect us folks up North will also vote Braun but it would sure be nice if he learned how to handle some of these questions - should scoop up a couple percent if he did.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Current polls giving Donnelly a slight edge. But I'd suspect us folks up North will also vote Braun but it would sure be nice if he learned how to handle some of these questions - should scoop up a couple percent if he did.

The polls had Billery wining so there is that.

I heard a lot of clips from this debate and I truly think Braun held his own. He is not a silver tongue politician people. Donnaly as much as admitted we have Obama care due to him.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    The polls had Billery wining so there is that.

I heard a lot of clips from this debate and I truly think Braun held his own. He is not a silver tongue politician people. Donnaly as much as admitted we have Obama care due to him.

I want to like Braun, I really do. I even get that he is not a polished politician so I'll be voting for him because I want Donnelly GONE. However, I can't help but feel like he is going to ride the anti-Donnelly wave into office rather than stand on his own ideas. I just hope that once in office he doesn't turn into another Richard Luger. For instance, why am I not seeing anything from Braun's campaign countering Donnelly's attacks about Braun raising taxes like 45 times? What true fiscal conservative does THAT?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Yes.

One of them wants the state's right boot on your neck. The other wants the state's left boot on your neck.

One is fatter than the other.

Oh, and one wears glasses.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seems oddly simple to me. :dunno:

One candidate is Pro 2A the other is anti-gun.

I don't know why any of us would look ANY further then that? I don't know why anyone even remotely conservative would look any further then that?

There are lots of reasons to argue that the dems need to be voted out of existence, but we dont even have to go there. The Second Amendment should be the purity test. Without it we have no means to keep tyrannical (democrat) govt in check. :twocents:

Last edited:

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Donnelly showed me last Saturday with his vote against Kavanaugh that he is not bi-partisan. He says he is, but on the tough votes he follows the radical Dems party line. He needs to be replaced in November.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The gun issue alone will make me vote for a candidate. Donnely IS anti-gun and his party (the democrats) WILL come for our guns If they get control back. 100% they are coming for our guns. Why would you vote to help the party that you know 100% infringes on our right to bear arms?

Top Bottom