Indiana Law, can someone "splain" this to me???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    State Laws are Stupid

...what is the reasoning behind only allowing package stores to sell cold beer???:dunno:

Well I was in New York last month and wanted a cold six pack so logically I walk into the store with the big sign over the door that said LIQUOR STORE. Asked where the cold beer was and the clerk told me he couldn't sell beer in the liquor store and I would have to go to the gas station for beer. Of course at the gas station when buying gas I had to hold the pump nozzle the whole time too since they don't allow the self shut off ratchets to be used.

Spent a lot of time out in the country going through New York farmland and around the Finger Lakes and was very encouraged to see many yards displaying signs calling for the repeal of the SAFE Act.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just do what I do - go to the grocery store, pick up a six pack, stick it in the frozen foods cooler, and continue shopping. Usually pretty cold by the time you're ready to checkout. :)

How do you walk with a man card so big in your pocket? :laugh:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was at a BP in batesville, may be the same one, and i thought the customer was gonna kill the cashier because he couldn't get a cold one. Might be why so many people have receipts for liquor stores in ky and oh down around there :40oz:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have a guy that lives a couple miles away that used to throw his empty 40 ounce bottle out his window every night in the same spot on our property on his way home. He came through at the same time every evening so it was easy to find out who it was. Got his license plate info and followed him one night to get his address. Gave the info the sheriff and, voila, no more bottles for me to pick up!

I told the sheriff it better stop or I was going to take the garbage full of bottles I had collected and dump them on the guy's front porch. Someone apparently at least had a talk with him. I am not sure where he throws them now.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You ask for reasonwithin a law... as if there is need to have both? :)

In NY (god awful anti 2a) you can buy alcohol 7 days a week from any store that carries it, warm or cold. I believe the prohibited hours were (last I was there) 2am - 8am.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You ask for reasonwithin a law... as if there is need to have both? :)

In NY (god awful anti 2a) you can buy alcohol 7 days a week from any store that carries it, warm or cold. I believe the prohibited hours were (last I was there) 2am - 8am.

That's pretty open.

I was in Madison, WI and ironically, beer sales stop at 9 pm.

Also, there were children in the liquor store! Little Johnny was right there watching Mom responsibly buy some of WI's finest beers! Oh the horror!

I understand the plight of the retailers, but more laws and restricting choices are not the right answer.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was at a BP in batesville, may be the same one, and i thought the customer was gonna kill the cashier because he couldn't get a cold one. Might be why so many people have receipts for liquor stores in ky and oh down around there :40oz:

Had to be the same one, I think there is only one BP in town. Several times the owner has had to call the Cops on belligerent customers over this issue.

Last time it happened, it was a young moron from NKy, when the Cops rolled on him, he not only picked up a DUI, but he was also carrying a handgun without a permit and had a baggie with a 1/2 ounce in his back pocket. Moron went straight to jail.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Wrap your beer in wet paper towel for 12 minutes in thee freezer and you are gtg. Works with any bottles or cans of beverage iirc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have to admit it always concerns me when I see someone, who clearly just got off work and is heading home, buying a cold 40 ozer at the c-store then get in their car and drive away.
    I stop at the liquor store a couple nights a week on my way home from work and grab a 40 or maybe 6 mooseheads, been doing it for years, never killed anyone or beat up my wife. I also carry a firearm everywhere I go, even in the liquor store....there are some shady mofos in there sometime.

Top Bottom